• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 580 Views, 4 Comments

Untold Stories of Equestria: Episode Four- Nightmare's Eclipse - Sparrow9642



What will happen when an old enemy of Luna's returns?

  • ...
 4
 580

A Message From the Royal Guard

It was midday in Canterlot, as Princess Celestia sat on her throne, next to her sister, Luna. The two were looking over their usual everyday business, using their alicorn magic to sort through their documents. It had been over a year since Luna renewed herself after one-thousand years of being the Mare in the Moon. No fear of Nightmare Moon existed in Luna anymore, and not even the Tantabus from her nightmares haunted her dreams anymore, ever since she decided not to doubt herself anymore, and start anew.

Celestia was about finished with the documents when she heard the door to the throne room open, entering a member of the Royal Guard carrying a scroll in an aura of magic. Celestia recognized this as an important message, so she sat the remaining documents next to her throne, awaiting what ever important news the Royal Guard had for her.

"Your highness," said the Royal Guard. "I apologize for my intrusion, but a desperate situation has come up."

"Whatever it is, you may speak," said Celestia.

"Very well," replied the Royal Guard. "It considers Princess Luna. She could be in great danger."

Luna was intrigued, and looked up as a response. "What exactly considers me?" she asked.

"I don't mean to scare you, princess, but an old enemy you once faced, has returned once again," spoke the Royal Guard.

Luna's heart skipped a beat, immediately assuring it was either the Tantabus or worse, Nightmare Moon.

"How can that be?" asked Celestia. "My sister had ridden herself of anything to do with her past selves."

"It's not Nightmare Moon, nor the Tantabus, your highness," assured the Royal Guard. "It's something more sinister."

Luna stood up on all four hooves. "What could be more sinister than my greatest enemy, Nightmare Moon?!" shrieked Luna.

"Your first enemy, princess. A solar eclipse," concluded the Royal Guard.

Luna suddenly thought back to her first encounter with a solar eclipse; something that everypony dreaded, especially her. The moon blocking the sun had a very negative effect on Luna, which some believe is where Nightmare Moon originated. Celestia became powerless in the time of the eclipse, as if Luna were draining her of all her power. It seemed like the first manifestation of Nightmare Moon, only a more milder version, but no less dangerous.

Luna and Celestia looked at one another, fearing that this time, a solar eclipse might be enough to bring out Nightmare Moon again, and seeing the Elements of Harmony were not an option, the two sisters feared for the worst.

"We must get my sister out of harm's reach, before it's too late," said Celestia. "What regions of Equestria will the eclipse be affecting?"

"According to Astro Pony, it's going to cover a great amount of Equestria," said the Royal Guard. "It's hard to say, Princess."

"Then we must take great caution, and if it comes down to it, I'll have my sister stay with Discord while the eclipse passes," claimed Celestia.

"I must agree with my sister," said Luna. "I wish not to risk harming anypony ever again."

"I'll alert Canterlot," said the Royal Guard.

"And, I shall alert Ponyville," said Celestia, grabbing a scroll, and writing a quick warning message to Twilight.

"If all goes as planned, Equestria should be safe during the time of the eclipse," assured Luna. "I'm sorry that I must put you all through so much."

"You have no need to apologize, dear sister," said Celestia. "No matter what, I shall protect you from ever becoming Nightmare Moon ever again. Now, we have no time to waste, for if one thing goes wrong, I fear the worst outcome."

Luna panicked, because deep inside, she knew this would be no easy battle. This was only the beginning of what could become a living nightmare.

ENTER THEME