• ...
7
 17
 1,165

Intro.

It is the Distant Future. The Imperium of Equestria has spread across the entire galaxy.
But our days of Expansion are long past. Where once we fought for peace, we now fight simply to survive.
Once, Our Empress lead us in battle. We were unstoppable. But no longer. The Empress suffered a terrible wound at the hand of her traitorous Sister. Now, She must rule from the Confines of her Golden Throne, on Equestria.

Across the stars our overstretched armies fight countless wars. Savage and Bloodthirsty aliens ravage our worlds. Our defenders die by the billions in endless wars of attrition, Devious enemies lure us into traps and snares. Advanced alien technology claims millions of lives in mere moments. Our very survival is at stake, and we stand on the brink of defeat.

It is the Equestrians darkest hour.
In the Grim Darkness of the 41st Millennium..There is only War.


"NOT ONE STEP BACK! STAND YOUR GROUND AND FIGHT, DAMN YOU, FIGHT FOR EQUESTRIA, AND THE EMPRESS CELESTIA! PUSH THESE SCUM BACK!"

The fighting had been going on for weeks. The Imperial Guard were given no warning, as Diamond Dogs bombarded the planet from space, and invaded. What once had been a bustling city, had been reduced to ruins by the constant fighting, and the artillery fire from the Imperial Guard 451st Armour Division.

"DWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!" Came the Diamond Dog Warcry from the other side of the trenches.

"STAND FIRM!" The Guardspony Commissar yelled at the guardsponies.
The Guardsponies said their prayers, knowing these trenches would most likely be their final resting place
"The Empress...Protects.."

"DWAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! LETZ STOMP SUM POWNIEZ, LADZ!"
The Diamond Dogs jumped over their own cover, and charged directly at the Guardsponies, the ground shaking under them.

"FIRE AT WILL! FIRE AT WILL!" The Commissar yelled
The Guardsponies opened fire on the Dogs, with their Shoulder-Mounted Las Rifles

The las fire didn't do much to stop the Diamond Dogs, and they charged the Guards, meeting them in Melee

"Theres too many of them! We have to get out of here!" One of the Ponies yelled from the fray.
"NO! YOU WILL DIE BY THEIR HANDS, OR YOU'LL DIE BY MINE!" yelled the commissar, his voice audible above the gunfire, and death-screams.

"But sir-"
*BLAM*
The las round went right through the ponies head, killing him instantly.

"STAND FIRM, DAMMIT, STAND FIRM!"

The Commissar charged into the melee, and impaled a Dog on his Horn-Mounted Chainsword.

"This is Commissar Black-Hooves, Requesting assistance! We are being torn apart by the Dogs, We need help! Can anypony hear me!?" he yelled down his Vox.

"Look to the sky, Brother, help is nearby." came a voice from the vox.

Commissar Black-Hooves raised his head upward.

4 Space Mareine Drop Pods were plummeting toward the Diamond Dog ranks.
As they got closer to the ground, the Commissar could just about make out the symbol on the side of one of the Pods.
A white horse shoe..
The Ultramareines.

And suddenly, with a BANG, the drop pods hit the ground, and out of each, leapt several heavily armoured ponies, all with Shoulder-Mounted Bolters, and Horn-Mounted Chainswords.

"FOR THE EMPRESS, SISTERS, THE IMPERIAL GUARDSPONIES REQUIRE OUR AID!" Yelled the largest of the armoured ponies, as she charged into the dogs, her sisters following her.