• Published 11th Oct 2015
  • 210 Views, 6 Comments

Goodlands and Applejack - Goodlands



A new pony enters Ponyville looking for a place to call home.

  • ...
 6
 210

Entanglement

As Goodlands walked around Ponyville he looked on with curiosity at the shops and their display windows. He gave small bows to anyone who he passed, and said greetings to anyone that came close enough to hear him. While walking around he spotted a Pegasus coming out of one of the shops, covered in flower.
"Hello madam, how are you today?" he asked as he came close to her.
"Alright i suppose." she said in a light higher pitched voice. Her eyes crossed, but she smiled as he looked at her.
"Out enjoying the day are we? It is a nice day isn't it?" he asked looking up to the blue sky as a rainbow flew overhead only to disappear shortly thereafter.
"Well, i am enjoying the day yes, but i was asked to come out here, as i have made a mess inside Sugarcube Corner. I caused Mr. and Mrs. Cake to be covered in flour, and they wanted to clean up before starting their next cake. So I'm out here to make sure that doesn't happen again. I am very glad its nice out here, and not raining." again she smiled and looked at him.
"Covered in flour you say. How did that happen?" he asked "Does this happen often?"
"No, well i assume it does, but today is slightly different. You see I knocked over a large bag of flower that they had stored for their multi-layered cake that their making for tonight. I didn't mean to."
"Oh i bet there's no need to worry, they'll have it cleaned up in a jiffy, they are bakers after all." he said pointing to their shop.
"Oh yes, i believe they will. They are the best cake makers in all of Ponyville. They've made cakes for every pony in Ponyville."
"Is that so? Perhaps I'll get to taste their cakes some time. So far I've only eaten food made by miss Applejack. She's a fair cook herself." he said referring back to the delicious food she had made for him over the past several days.
"Hmm. I have had several apple fritters made by Applejack. They are delicious." she tilted her head sideways "does that mean you are not from around here?" she asked looking at him with curiosity.
"Oh, how rude of me, i did forget to introduce myself. My apologies. I am Goodlands, and no I'm not from around here. I arrived a short while ago. May i ask, who are you?"
"Me? Well my friends call me Derpy. Nice to meet you Goodlands." she said holding out her hoof, to which Goodlands met with his own.
"Likewise miss, and may we share cake one day, and laugh about the Cake makers being covered in flour." he said with a smile.
"I sure hope we do, and i hope you continue to have a wonderful day." she still had a small smile while saying this. "I don't mean to be rude" she whispered "but i have some things to do today, so i must be off, goodbye Goodlands." She said as she expanded her wings, then took off up to the sky.
"Have a wonderful day madam." he said tipping his hat to her.
Walking over to Sugarcube Corner, Goodlands poked his head in on the couple that were inside. They were in the process of cleaning up just as Derpy had said, thus Goodlands spoke up.
"Good day to you, i was just wondering if you all needed any help cleaning up. Figured i might as well make my self useful while i wait." he said as Mr. Cake walked past him with a broom in his mouth.
"Oh no thanks sweetie, we'll take care of it." said Mrs. Cake.
"Oh we'll be fine. This isn't the first time we've been covered in flour." said Mr. Cake, they both seemed like good natured ponies, thus Goodlands smiled and headed toward the center of town. Shortly after this he came across several other ponies making greetings and learning a bit about the town until he heard it, a scream for help.
"TWILIGHT!" came the loud voice of the dragon Goodlands seen when he'd entered the town.
Goodlands headed over to where Applejack was standing, a small crowd gathering around.
"Hold on there sugar cube, whats all this kerfuffle about? Take a deep breath, and explain whats going on." said Applejack as Spike leaned against the cart catching his breath.

"Its Fluttershy, she stuck in some giant moving mud-slide-monster-thingy." he said pointing towards the place he just came from.
"A what?" asked Applejack.
"It was this giant moving mudslide thing, i don't know how to describe it, it was like the size of a small mountain, and it was moving, with eyes and a mouth. Fluttershy, she's stuck inside it. Only her head is sticking out. Rarity is trying to help her out, but she wasn't having much luck when i left. She told me to go get Twilight as she'd know what to do." he breathed heavily as he finished his sentence, clutching his chest.
"What in... RAINBOW DASH!" Applejack yelled towards the sky, a moment later, Rainbow Dash came bounding towards the ground.
"What is it?" she said about two feet off the ground.
"Go get Twilight, and make it snappy. Spike says he's found Fluttershy, and she's in danger." without another word, Rainbow Dash zipped off in search of Twilight.
A short while later Twilight arrived and was panting as she landed.
"Rainbow Dash says Spike found Fluttershy, and she's in trouble."
"She is, it some really big blob thing, like a moving mound of mud. Rarity spotted it." he said as he pointed in the opposite direction. "Its over this way." he turned to start running back the way he came. As they ran, Twilight picked up Spike with her magic and put him on her back. They quickly picked up the speed as all of them raced down toward Spikes given direction.
Off in the distance they could see the large mound of moving mud that was the creature Spike described with Fluttershy, and Rarity stuck its base. Both of them looked as though they were half asleep, weak and with bags under their eyes. It was moving fast as Twilight stopped a few feet away, she used her magic to try and pull Fluttershy, and Rarity out of the mass but couldn't.
"Don't get too close Twilight." said Fluttershy but her voice was weak and sounded faint.
"Hang in there girls!" she yelled as she tried using her magic to try and pull them out. The monster took notice of her doing this and quickly slammed down a blob of itself, but missed Twilight as she dodged out of the way. Magic encircled her horn as she sent a beam of energy towards it, to which it didn't do anything. Spike hopped down off Twilight's back, and ran up to try to pull Rarity's hooves, but was almost caught up in the blob as well. Without her noticing, the thing move a bit of the ground that Twilight was standing on, and with a Gloop sound she two was stuck in the blob. Using her magic she created a bubble around herself to give her some time to think. She was protected for the moment but it seemed to be costing her as she labored to keep the bubble around her. She looked in deep concentration. It seemed that the monster was absorbing her magic.
"TWILIGHT!" yelled Applejack and Spike together Applejack looked around and kicked up several rocks toward the blob, which then absorbed them with ease. It had little affect. "No good. What are we going to do?"
"I have and idea. We need to get back to town. The Cakes have several bags of flour we can use." said Goodlands to Applejack, she stared at him in bewilderment, but he turned and headed back to town towards the cake shop.
"Why do we need flour?" asked Applejack running next to him, Spike on her other side.
"No time to explain. I need you to gather up as many ponies as possible." he said as they ran.
"Um.. Okay." she said in bewilderment, but took off in another direction as him. Spike also took off in another direction, Goodlands didnt have time to worry about him though, so he headed towards the cake shop.
Upon entering town, he looked up as Rainbow Dash came over to where he was, and said "Gather as many pegasi as you can, and get some rain clouds together, fill them with milk please." Rainbow Dash looked at him with her eyebrows raised, then flew off to collect several pegasi, while Goodlands headed inside the cake shop.
He heard crashes off in the distance as he pilled several bags outside of the shop. Shortly thereafter Applejack came running up followed by several ponies.
"Here are the ponies i could find on short notice." a breathless Applejack said as she caught her breath. He pulled another bag of flour out of the shop and turned towards them.
"Alright every pony, we need to dump these on the creature. Cover as much of him as you can." while he was saying this he heard a terrible crash. Looking over Applejacks' shoulder he seen that the monster was already closing in fast. A Pegasus came landing next to him to which he looked at her "Derpy, i need you to distract him. Keep him busy, but do not let him touch you. We need a bit more time." he said and off she flew towards the blob.
Every pony standing there started grabbing bags of flour and heading towards the blob.
"Vy are ve coving it in fower?" asked Applejack as she headed towards the blob with a bag of flour in her mouth.
"You'll see." responded Goodlands, his teeth clenched on his own bag of flour. They didn't have to walk very far as the creature had already destroyed several buildings and houses. All the ponies that had bags of flour were trying their best to cover as much of the creature as possible. He dropped the bag of flour.
"Pinkie pie, a word if you please!" yelled Goodlands towards the crowd of ponies.
"Brobdingnagian!" she yelled back towards him. His expression flattened as he looked over at her.
"I need your help for a moment."
"Oh, well why didn't you say so in the first place?" she asked heading over towards him. "whatcha need?"
"Eggs, my dear. As many as you can. We need to saturate this thing with eggs." he said in all seriousness.
"If you say so, I'll see what i can do.." and off she went towards town. Shortly thereafter Rainbow Dash was heading back over towards him.
"Well we've got several rain clouds, filled with milk for whatever reason." she said as she came close to him. He tossed his bag towards several ponies who were trying to cover the base of the blob.
"Put them over top of the creature, and then have every pegasi go and collect bags of flour and dump them on the creatures head. Then when i give the signal, we'll make it rain on it." Goodlands instructed to her, without question she flew up to the other pegusi in the air above them, then headed towards Sugarcube Corner. "Alright every pony!" he yelled towards the crowd. "You're doing great, once its covered, Rainbow Dash is going to rain on its head, thus turning it into cake mix!" he yelled once more "once this has been accomplished, i need every unicorn to use their power to pull the girls out of there." they nodded as he finished and continued with their work. Rainbow Dash and the pegasi were already heading towards the clouds.
As they made their way back towards the folds, Pinkie Pie showed up with three party cannons and aimed them all at the blob. BANG! Off went he cannons as Pinkie shouted with glee.
"Now that's what i call an egg-cellent egg-splosian!" she yelled as several dozen eggs met their mark. She kept reloading and firing at the blob, until she ran out of eggs.
Everyone at the base backed off as the monster started slowing down due to the strange make up that its body was now. Goodlands pointed his hooves at Rainbow Dash, down came the milk, as all the pegasi caused a nice little milk storm directly above the blob, then every unicorn pulled at once with their magics, to retrieve Fluttershy, Rarity, and Twilight.
There were three large squelching sounds, followed by popping sounds and out came Twilight, Rarity, and Fluttershy, who all noticed the giant blob, and promptly ran away from the monster.

"Alright every pony, get out of the way!" Goodlands yelled towards them, they all moved out of the way rapidly. "You will not ruin this place." he spoke softly under his breath, moving towards the blob, it looked directly at him and started forward moving much slower then before. He stopped and and stood his ground, his stance was that of a pony ready to defend, defend ponies he barely knew, a place he couldn't even call home, but this place didn't deserve such a fate. He wanted this place to remain, he wanted to stay here, thus he'd have to resort to drastic measures.

Standing there his eyebrows furrowed he removed his hat from his head, putting it on the ground next to him. His light green, and cloud white main flowed about the jagged and cracked horn, which stuck up from his forehead, pieces of it missing and looking as though it were about to fall apart, determination was etched onto his face. "LETS TURN UP THE HEAT!" he yelled as power began to build around the destroyed horn, the air around him began to become hot and heavy. He gritted his teeth as he aimed his horn towards the blob, energy crackled around him, a heat wave was coming off him, and then suddenly a wide cone of energy burst forward, heading towards the mound, hitting it directly where its gut would be, it stopped progressing, and looked down.
"Listen up every unicorn, follow Goodlands lead. " yelled Twilight allowing her magic to flow out towards the blob as well, several others followed suit, and after a small period of time, the now batter mix blob suddenly turned into...
"CAKE!" yelled Pinkie Pie, "It's raining cake. This is caketastic" she caught a piece and swallowed it in one gulp. "Eat up every pony!" and off she went.
Their was much cheering from the crowd as the cake pieces flew everywhere falling down in a strange cake storm. Ponies here and their eating cake as it landed on the ground. Looking up they noticed a figure flying towards them, many of them started bowing as she landed.
"Princess Celestia!" came Twilight's voice as she came to a stop in front of Celestia.
"Sorry I'm late every pony, but i only got the message a short while ago." she said talking to Twilight.
"Message? What message?" Twilight asked, confusion etched in her face.
"The one Spike just sent me. Something about a giant mud monster." as she was saying this Spike came running up from behind her, panting and wheezing.
"We need..." he said in between breaths "a new system... for sending... messages." he said trying to catch his breath. He leaned on Twilight's side, as he put his claw on his chest. Looking around he noticed that many ponies were eating cake, and their was no sign of the blob that he's seen earlier.
"Where'd it go? It was here." he said to Celestia "right here." he pointed to where all the ponies were. "Fluttershy..." as he said her name she came walking towards him "but i... Twilight." he said looking at Twilight.
"They seems to be alright to me." Celestia said as she looked first at Fluttershy, then Twilight, then back at Spike, as she said this a chunk of cake landed on her horn and she looked up at it. She used her magic to remove it and it landed next to Spike.
Twilight spoke up as Celestia was looking at Spike. "Spike its okay. Its gone now, whatever it was. I'm still confused on what exactly that thing was, but we were helped by Goodlands here." she said pointing over at Goodlands who was picking up a small glowing stone off the ground, it was lying where mud creature was before it was destroyed. He pocketed it and turned around, picked up his hat put it on his head, then turned towards the others.