• Published 11th Oct 2015
  • 2,341 Views, 17 Comments

Jurassic Pony III - mistercokehold8



After being tricked in to going to Site B, Twilight must find a way for her and her friends to escape the horrors within.

  • ...
5
 17
 2,341

Crash Landing

The private jet plane soars over the open tropical ocean in the middle of early afternoon. Inside the passengers are rather comfortable, particularly the two Wonderbolts.

"Hey beautiful!" Soarin raises a rather fancy looking camera to snap a picture as his call draws the attention of Rainbow Dash. Smiling he unscrews the long lenses scope, and opens a battered looking single strap bag with two compartments inside for each half of his camera setup.

"Even with what you make in the Wonderbolt couldn’t you afford a better bag?" Twilight asked curiously.

He laughs quietly as he zips it shut. "No way, this bag is lucky…"

"Lucky how?" Rainbow asked.

"Couple years ago some buddies and I went gliding off these cliffs. Updraft sent me right into the side. BOOM!" Soarin said, clapping his hooves together.

“Wow that does sound lucky.” Twilight said. Nodding he rubs the bag fondly,

"This strap alone saved my life. Caught onto a branch while I was falling..." Pinkie Pie is seated behind him jamming out to some music in her headphones,

"~I had a pegasister way back in school! Her and me, me and her, together we were so cool! We were like two hairs in a tale, I even got a trip up to Cloudsdale! In the carriage my mind was beating like a crescendo, then they started chucking ponies out the window~!" Twilight could only chuckle at the party pony before she turned to Soarin.

"Remember, you're the one who got us into this." The princess teased. "So it’s a good thing you guys came, cause I had no intention of being alone with these ponies." Twilight then leaned back into her seat. "Wake me when we get there." Soarin salutes before looking back at Pinkie.

"I know that beat... The remix of Fly Like Me by the Wasteland Wailers right? I heard they got Vinyl Scratch to help them out, and a guest singer called Nowacking..."


For what felt like several hours Twilight slept on peacefully until a rumble in the plane woke her. Turning to ask what was wrong, she was shocked to find out she was now completely alone as the plane began to fall out of the sky. When she looked into the seat opposite of her, she gasped in terror at the sight of a Velociraptor staring right at her.

"Twilight...." It hissed.


"Twilight!" Pinkie pokes her with a hoof, making her jump awake. "Wakey wakey! We're almost there!"

"What's wrong? Look like you just seen a ghost." Rainbow asked, noting how nervous Twilight looked.

"Nothing, nothing." The mare insisted as the island finally came into focus. Up in the cockpit Bravo and Tango were recieving a message from the radio.

"Unidentified aircraft approaching Isla Pegasus, this is Coltsa Rico approach. You are flying in restricted airspace. Immediately turn to the coordinates two-zero-zero. I repeat redirect to..." The pilots switched off the radio, ignoring the voice all together. Soarin frowns at that, sharing a look with Rainbow Dash. The plane finally left the ocean side, flying fully over the dense green island. The passengers looked out the window as they arrived over a vast green field, before what they were looking for finally came into view. Hundreds of feet below we're the famous residents of Isla Pegasus.

"I'd forgotten." Even Twilight had to smile at the sight of various herbivores below them, mostly Stegosaurus, Brachiosaurs and various others. Mr Cake reaches across the aisle to hold his wife's hoof.

"We did it honey... we did it."

"Lima! Call up if you see anything!" Tango called to his partner in the back.

"Nah, thought I keep it to myself." The mercenary joked. Pinkie presses her nose to a window.

"Oh look! Galimimasus-eses-eses-eses!'

"Mrs. Cake if you look out here you'll see-"

"Mr. Cake we have a landing strip up ahead, want us to put her down?" Bravo called.

"No! I want to circle the whole island first." Mr. Cake insisted as Twilight frowned, thinking she heard that wrong.

"What do you mean? You can't land!"

"Now hold on I can explain-" Mister Cake starts, but is soon drowned out as everypony starts talking at once. With a sigh the merc in the back calmly steps into the aisle ready to take action.

"You can't land on this island!" Twilight shouted, rising up out of her seat.

"Princess please sit down!" Mister Cake also rises, and tries to persuade Twilight back into her seat. He cringes when a dull force collides with the back of Twilight's head, making her world go black.


Twilight's head throbbed slightly as she finally awoke, finding herself lying on the floor.

"You alright Twilight?" Rainbow asked, herself, Soarin and Pinkie looking down onto the princess.

"Please tell me we didn’t land."

"Pound?! Rock?!" The megaphone enhanced shout makes them all glance through a window.

"…I think they're looking for somepony." Soarin said. Twilight pulled herself up, stepping outside where she found Mr. Cake looking into the jungle, the three mercs arming themselves and Mrs. Cake shouting into a megaphone.

"Pound?! Rock?!" Mrs. Cake shouted loudly. Mister Cake notices Twilight stepping out of the plane, and hurries over.

"Your highness, please let me explain, that was not in accordance with my wishes at all!"

"Who hit me?" Twilight asked calmly, knowing full fact what the consequences were for hitting a princess. Mister Cake looked around before pointing to the merc with the large rifle.

"Um... That would be Lima." He looks back up at Twilight, "Look Princess they know what they're doing, they're setting up a perimeter to make this area safe, they're professionals I swear!"

"Look, you don’t understand, there's no such thing as safe on this island!" Twilight insisted. We have to get back on that plane! And would you tell your wife to stop making all that noise that is a very very bad idea!"

"Serious, she's gonna wake up everything on the island." Rainbow said, actually nervous. Mr. Cake finally tried calling his wife.

"Pound!!! Rock!!!"

"Cup! Princess Twilight said that's a bad idea!" Mr. Cake called.

"What?!" Mrs. Cake shouted through the megaphone, not quite hearing her husband.

"She said, it’s a bad idea!" The mare with the megaphone turned to them.

"What's a bad idea?" She shouted confused.

*ROAAAAARRRRR*

As if on cue a thunderous roar shook the island, and the ponies standing on it to the core. Soarin stares at the forest.

"What was that, a T-Rex?"

"No," Twilight says as a few gunshots sound off. "That sounded bigger..." Two of the mercs come back out in a rush. "We have to leave," Tango shouts. "We have to leave now!" He tries to hurry Mrs. Cake back to the plane while Soarin pulls Pinkie into the aircraft.

'What? What's going on?" Mr. Cake asked.

"Get! On! The! Plane!" Tango shouted at Bravo rushed into the plane and into the cockpit.

"What about the other guy?" Rainbow asked as they were being hurried up the steps.

"Lima's a professional! He can handle himself!" Tango said as another roar rang out, followed by more gunshots. The escape is momentarily paused from how close that sounded, and then made all the more frantic as the ponies scramble into the plane. Tango quickly pulled the door to the plane shut as the plane began to circle back, pointing up the runway.

"Carrot, we can’t!"

"It's ok, we'll just circle the island." Mr. Cake reassured as Tango pulled himself into the cockpit. Helping Bravo buckle into the seat, the two mercs pushed forward on the throttle, moving the plane forward with increasing speed. In the jungle the last mercenary Lima was galloping as fast as his legs could carry him, running from unseen force. This was made difficult by the gash in his leg.
As the plane picks up speed Lima makes it to the center of the runway hundreds of yards ahead of the plane. Stopping he waves his good forehoof frantically he balances on his hind legs.

"Heeeyyyy!!! Stooooooooop!!!"

"What's he doing," Mister Cake frowns as he looks out the front of the cockpit.

"That's Lima," Twilight shouts. Lima looked ready to wet himself, sobbing quietly as the plane kept going.

"Stop...."

"Come on, get out of the way!" Bravo said through clenched teeth from his seat. "You know I can’t stop this plane!" Lima sobs, and then looks sideways, screaming a death comes for him in a monstrosity of teeth, and several tons of prehistoric muscle. "Sweet Celestia!!!" Bravo shouted as the plane finally lifted up into the air, and clipped the flank of the monster in front of them, covering the windshield in red, while snapping the left propeller off cleanly. The plane began beeping as it took a nose dive. "FUEL CUT OFF!"

"WE'RE GOING DOWN!" Tango shouted as the plane plowed right into the thick jungle. As the plane continue to move forward, the passengers were rocked wildly as the landing gear, right wing and tail were snapped off before the plane finally came sliding to a stop. Twilight rubbed her head, having slammed into the seat in front of her.

"Everypony all right?" She groaned.

"We're ok up here." Tango groaned. Pinkie slowly pokes her head over the seat, moaning.

"I haven't been on a trip like this since the Yaks came to visit..."

"Mayday mayday mayday." Tango said into the radio.

"Who has the satellite phone?" Bravo asked. Mr. Cake reached into his seat and tossed it to the merc.

"I got nothing, the radios gone." Tango said. In the back of the plane Twilight was trying to push the door open.

"Soarin, Rainbow, give me a hoof here." They join her in trying to force the door open. Meanwhile Pinkie looks behind her as her scars from the T-Rex attack start to burn, and her tail starts twitching a little. Due to the tree they could only force the door open so far. Twilight got an eye full of how far off the ground they were.

"Ok so we haven’t landed yet." She reported. Up front the pilots were struggling with the phone when the plane shook.

"What was that?" Mr. Cake asked. Suddenly Mrs. Cake starts screaming as a beady eye stares in through the cockpit, but dips out of view before anypony notices. Pinkie's tail is visibly twitching now, and with gasp she grabs onto a seat, "Everypony hold on!!!"

"Why?" Rainbow asked as the plane began to shake violently and dip forward.

"What's going on?!" Tango shouted as Bravo put the phone in his pocket. The passengers had to grab on to the seats to keep themselves from falling forward. The two mercenaries began screaming as the whole cockpit was ripped away and tossed off to the side, leaving the two exposed. Unbuckling themselves from their seats they began scrambling into the plane as a large head poked into view, shoving its snout after them, biting down on one of Bravo's back legs. The pony let out an agonizing scream, reaching out for help.

"Help me!!!!"

"Grab him!" Twilight screamed, the group reaching out to grap the pony as the beast yanked Bravo out of the plane and into the air. The monster shakes him around in its crocodilian snout before tossing him a short distance. Bravo realizes he's free, and quickly tries to crawl away to no avail. The monster pins him down under a foot, quickly rips his head off with its teeth. Then raising its head it roars in triumph.

The roar is so loud that it shakes everything around it, including the plane which now that all its passengers are gathered in the back starts to tilt backwards. Huddled together, the ponies screamed as the plane slid backwards and out of the tree before colliding with the ground. The structure stood vertical for a moment before toppling over with a crash, shaking the ponies up. Before they could attempt an escape, a large foot stomped right by them before with a sudden force the plane began rolling over and over, bouncing the ponies along for the ride.

Spilling end over end and colliding with each other, the ponies screamed until the plane came to a halt by crashing into a tree. Mrs. Cake just happened to land in a seat as the others groaned on the floor. Looking out the window, the mare saw the dinosaur marching towards them, roaring as it did. Screaming, she attempted to make a run for it, only for Rainbow and Twilight to grab her.

"Mrs. Cake come back! It's not safe!" Twilight warned.

"Cup!" Mr. Cake shouted, jumping out of the plane after her, only to see the dinosaur on top of the group, so he jumped back into the plane for safety. The three mares returned to the somewhat safety of the plane as the beast took hold of the plane and rolled it back over, spilling the group again.

Suddenly pressing a foot down on it pops the windows inside one by one with its sheer weight in under a minute with the harsh squeal of protesting metal. Then it thrusts its snout into the plane through the side trying to grab one of them.

Twilight found herself on the other side of the hole it created. When the creature stood back up, the mare motioned for Mrs. Cake to quickly crawled over as the creature forced its snout in again. When it stood up Mr. Cake threw himself over, followed by Rainbow, Soarin, Pinkie then finally Tango.

“Follow me! This way!” Twilight shouted to the group as they made a mad dash out of the plane and into the jungle.

The monster is now clearly visible to them standing taller than two semi trucks stacked on one another, and easily ninety meters long it sports a long snout of cone shaped teeth, muscular forearms with claws like meat hooks, and a large sail across its back. The bipedal goliath of a carnivore also gets a good look at them as well, and snarls as it gives chase. The ponies make it to a clearing several seconds before the monster, and Twilight points where some large trees are thickest.

"In here!" Twilight shouted, pointing at the trees. When the monster emerges she throws up a magical barrier while she retreats, but the beast slams through it like a wrecking ball through rice paper. Twilight quickly retreats into the trees with the others, diving between two thick trunks. This beast barely avoids catching her before the tree holds it back by the chest. Struggling it tries to force its way through, and when it finds it cannot it roars after them in fury.


The ponies retreated through the thicket of the brush, trying to put as much distance between them at the dinosaur as possible. Panting for the air, the group finally came to a stop. Now covered in fresh cuts and bruises, the calmness of the hot air around was almost soothing. Twilight noted how quiet it was.

"Ok....ok I think we lost it." She said, pushing of brush aside and staring straight at a dead bloody carcass in front of them. "It's ok its dead." Twilight said. As if the situation couldnt get any worst at that moment the creature eating off the carcass reared its large head. Right in front of the group stood the king of the dinosaurs, the Tyrannosaurus Rex. "Nopony. Move. A. Muscle." Twilight said as the Rex roared at the group.

"REXY!!!" Pinkie leaps into the air with her hind legs spinning out like Sonic the Hedgehog. "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!"

The group seems to deem this the more sensible option because they turn, running back the way they came. Twilight is almost left behind until she gallops after them. The T Rex chases after them, not at all against the extra helpings.

The ponies book it, but stop as they find themselves staring up at the monster that ripped their plane apart. It must have found another way into the woods to track them. However once the massive carnivores spot one another territorial instincts kick in, the ponies all but forgotten. The new predator snarls, and hisses menacingly at the T Rex who responds with deep roar.

Twilight dives between two fallen logs, and turns over with a scream at the T Rex's foot comes down on her. By sheer luck she avoids being crushed as the logs to either side of her take the weight.

And then the battle begins. The T Rex strikes first, darting in, grabbing his opponent by the neck with his jaws, and slamming the larger monster into the ground. It nearly knocks it off its feet, but the massive as of yet unidentifed carnivore manages to muscle its way upright. Stubbornly the T Rex refuses to let go, leading the beast around as it knocks over a few trees with its tail, and nearly crushing the fleeing ponies.

Then the larger predator lashes out with its claws, shocking the T Rex into releasing it. Then when the T Rex boldly charges back in to grab it again its opponent dodges sideways, and sharply turns its head to grab the Rex by the throat.

Twilight is trying her hardest to keep herself together as she crawls away from the scuffle between the logs. Looking over her shoulder she sees the T Rex in big trouble, and hurries along.

The larger dinosaur grabs the top of the Rex with its arms as the king of dinosaurs roars in defiance. A roar that is brutally cut off as the victor forces the Rex to bow, and audibly breaks its neck with a sickening crack.

Twilight has just caught up with the ponies when the corpse of the T Rex lams down right behind her. She hurries faster as the monster that had pursued them hovers over the corpse with a satisfied snarl. It decides to let the small herd of pones go for now as it rears its head with a roar of triumph. This will be enough meat to last it a while.