• Published 11th Oct 2015
  • 2,341 Views, 17 Comments

Jurassic Pony III - mistercokehold8



After being tricked in to going to Site B, Twilight must find a way for her and her friends to escape the horrors within.

  • ...
5
 17
 2,341

Offer

Night would come and go as the sun rose on the junkyard located several miles outside Ponyville. Throughout the years the site would fill with discarded cars and other vehicles, even the rare aircraft was left here to rot in the sun. At the moment one unicorn is using a can of spray-paint on a mostly intact plane to put eyes on the windows, and a cartoonish mouth of sharpened teeth across the nose. Once done he tosses the can into the plane, and gallops over to his partner who is armed with a massive caliber rifle.

"What do we have today Bravo?" One of the ponies asked.

"Anti-aircraft projectile." Bravo said, aiming down the scope of the rifle. Inside an old military air transport a third pony makes his way down from the cockpit as a satellite phone rings a merry little jingle.

"Tango." The pony greeted as he answered the phone.

"Hello Tango, its Carrot Cake. I was calling in to see how everything was going."

"Yes sure, we're good to go here." Tango said to his client. "Matter of fact I can lock things down once you drop the payment." Tango walked out of the plan and over to his partners. "That's right, two of the best ponies I could find." Tango said. "No sir I haven’t worked with them personally, but believe me they were highly recommended."

The last pony of the three, Lima, aimed down the scope before pulling the trigger, sending the projectile into the target plane, causing it to explode. Tango looked at the smoldering plane with a smirk. "Not to worry sir...everything’s fine. It’s gonna be a walk in the park.”


Rainbow's first official task as a Wonderbolt was to escort the Princess of Friendship as she judged various upcoming projects at the college in Canterlot.

"Least it gets us some alone time." Rainbow said to Soarin, who was invited along.

"Yeah," Soarin says with a smile, though the cyan mare knew him well enough to know it's slightly forced.

"You two lovebirds dont go wandering off." Twilight said. "We're almost done for the day, just one last project to review. Then we can talk about those budget issues." Soarin nodded, before kissing Rainbow on the cheek as he moves up to flank Twilight. The three ponies finally came to the last booth, where the pony in question was doing something with a computer and a 3d printer.

"Ah Princess Twilight! Great to meet you." The student said as the printer went to work.

"What can you tell me about your project?"

"I have made a breakthrough about Raptor fossils!"

"At least it’s just the bones." Rainbow muttered.

"I feed in the scan data from the raptor skull, than the computer breaks it into thousands of slices which this thing prints, one layer on top of the other. It's the future of paleontology." Soarin looked it over.

"So.... basically a 3D printer for dinosaur bones?"

"That, and much more." The student said as the machine finished. The student opened the printer and pulled out his project. "I give to you, a Velociraptor's resonating chamber." As much as she wanted nothing to do with dinosaurs, Twilight was rather impressed. "Listen to this."

The student took the end of the chamber, and started blowing air into. Right before the ponies came the exact sound a raptor would make. Twilight's eyes grew wide at the sound. That horrid howling shriek freezes their hearts in place, even Soarin who never had the displeasure of meeting a raptor takes a step back while his mane stands on end. The student had wide smirk as he held the chamber out for Twilight to examine.

"This is.....incredible. It really is." The mare admitted. Even Rainbow had to get a good look it.

"Dead on that’s what it is."

"I totally want one." Soarin grinned. "Imagine Spitfire when I suddenly use that next Nightmare Night."

"Take it, please." The student said happily. Twilight wrote down her final opinion and handed it in to the one in charge.

"Ok, that's all taken care of." Twilight said, fiddling with the raptor chamber.

"Please don't blow that thing again." Rainbow said quietly. Twilight passed it over to Soarin so he could look it over.

"Now, I know I promised an update about the budget situation." The mare said. "But my hooves are tied."

"What do you mean your hooves are tied?" Rainbow asked, not liking the answer.

"I'm the Princess of Friendship, and on the bottom of the totem pole. I’m not in charge of funding for the Wonderbolts or the library for that matter."

"Oh man" Soarin groaned. "So what are we supposed to do? After Blueblood the nobles are being a lot stingier with their Bits. There's been so many budget cuts lately throughout the government because of it the Wonderbolts program might get shut down..." Before Twilight could answer the sounds of somepony trotting up the hall reached her ears.

"Excuse me? Princess Twilight?" A stallion asked. Twilight turned a found an orange stallion in a business suit and sun glasses looking at her. "Carrot Cake, nice to see you again."

"Mr. Cake?" Twilight asked. It’s been many years since she's seen the baker. He really seems a lot less... average... His mane is neatly combed, and he wears a rather nice suit of candy color hues. Laughing a bit he extends a hoof.

"Well you can call me that, or you can just call me Carrot, Your Majesty. I heard there was some rather... troubling funding issues with the Wonderbolts program, and the efforts to restore the Ponyville Library are still about as stubborn as a boulder in a mud pit, am I right?"

"You have a point there." Twilight admitted. He puts a hoof to his chest.

"Well the baking business has been very generous to my family so now I am CEO of Cakes Enterprises. We're actually doing rather well catering for some very important ponies. But..."

He gave Twilight a small sly smile, "My anniversary with my wife is coming up, and I wanted to surprise her with something special. So if you would be willing to help me with a favor I have in mind then I'm willing to generously compensate you." Twilight had to think about this.

"I've been traveling, maybe some-"

"She'll be there." Soarin answered.

"Oh terrific! That's the spirit!" Mr. Cake said happily. "Why don't you two come along with her?" He offered to the two members of the Wonderbolts. Rainbow Dash blinked.

"Um... Why?"

"Well partially for the pleasure of your company, and the other part for added security," Mister Cake replies. "I'm glad you've decided to come, we'll meet at the airport... Are you free tomorrow?"

"I am now." Twilight said with a straight face, while also sending a glare at Soarin. The stallion however does not look the least it sorry as Mister Cake scribbles out the takeoff location on a note, gives it to Twilight, and trots off.

"Think about it Twilight! Our budget problems might be over!" Rainbow said enthusiastically.

"Hopefully it is." The princess said, before bidding her friends farewell for the evening.


The next morning Mister and Missus Cake are waiting by the airplane dressed for a safari while they wait for their guests. Twilight, sleepy as she was, trotted into the airport followed by Soarin and Rainbow, and Pinkie Pie, who insisted on coming along too.

"I'm sooooooo super excited you could come," Pinkie rambles as she bounces with them. "I mean we never get to go on super fancy stuff like this anymore, and not to mention it'll be good for all of us. No worry though, if all goes well we shouldn't even have to get out of the plane!"

"What do you mean get out of the plane?" Rainbow asked, as if Pinkie knew something they didnt.

Pinkie stops bouncing, and tilts her head. "You don't know? Wow, how could you not know they asked Twilight to be the tour guide for an airborne tour of Isla Pegasus? La la-la la-la~!" Pinkie sings to herself as she prances up the steps into the plane. Twilight had to clean her ear out before turning to the Cakes.

"Please tell me she didn’t say what I thought she said." Mister Cake furrows his eyebrows.

"I could have sworn I mentioned it yesterday..."

"You didn't....." Twilight said.

"Let me explain. First off let me say as a dinosaur enthusiasts, me and Cup Cake have always wanted to see this island up close for ourselves." Carrot explained.

"It is truly, what's the word? Inspiring." Mrs. Cake explained.

"Now, for our wedding anniversary this year we wanted to do something really special, something..."

"...once-in-a-lifetime."

"And so we've arranged for a private airplane to take us flying over Isla Pegasus, and as Pinkie Pie said, we want you to be our guide." Mr. Cake explained.

"And rest assured we're leaving nothing to chance," Mrs. Cake added.

"That's right." Mister Cake agreed. "Our security is a trio of skill mercenaries with hundreds of combat flights under their belts. Not to mention two Wonderbolts, and the Element of Magic herself! But like Pinkie said we shouldn't need any of that because we shouldn't even need to get out of the plane."

"That's a very nice offer, Mr. Cake, but I'm afraid I'm much too busy. If you like I can refer you to a number of highly qualified..."

No, no, see your majesty, you're the best. You've seen these animals in the flesh. No pony else has come close to you." Mr. Cake said. Rainbow let out a cough to show she was right there. "Sorry Rainbow."

"I'm flattered, but we've taken this little adventure tour before." Twilight said, motioning to her and Rainbow. "And with the air restrictions they've imposed after the incident in Manehatten, you can't fly low enough to see anything of interest."

"You see, that's just the thing." Mrs. Cake said happily. "Carrot and I have special permission to fly low.

"And naturally if it's a question of money I can write all sorts of numbers on your check Your Highness," Mister Cake finished. "So tell me... What's it going to take?" Twilight looked at the blank check in the stallions hoof before glancing at Rainbow and Soarin. That was all the motivation she was gonna need.