• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 672 Views, 2 Comments

The Last Parasite Returns - mmonsoon326



Scootaloo must rescue Rainbow Dash after a mysterious pony captures her in the Everfree Forest

  • ...
3
 2
 672

Missing

“Fluttershy, you didn’t find anything either?” Scootaloo grew more and more worried by the minute. All of the others had finished their searches, reported in, and had left by now. The ‘clues’ that they had all found suggested that Rainbow Dash hadn’t been in or near Ponyville or Cloudsdale for at least two days now. “This just CAN’T be good...” It was later that same day, just after sunset. Everypony had spent their entire day looking for her, even Rarity, who had to finish that suit in another two days.

“No, all I found that seemed odd was in her house, a ticket to a race or something like that. But it can’t be relevant to this, can it?” asked Fluttershy.

“No, it isn’t relevant. But what’s important is that we know that she hasn’t been around for about two days. And according to what Applejack and Pinkie Pie told me earlier, Zecora said that she saw her three days ago, flying over her house in the forest.” said Twilight Sparkle.

“So she’s been injured and stuck inside Everfree Forest for three days now?” Scootaloo’s fears and worries were beginning to become reality. The little filly hoped with all her heart that the pony who was like a big sister to her was okay.

“That may very well be the case; the three of us should pack up and get ready to go into the forest,” Twilight suggested. “Once we’ve done that, let’s meet up at your house, Fluttershy, seeing as it’s right at the forest’s entrance. Then we’ll go and talk to Zecora again, and then figure out what to do afterwards.” So Fluttershy and Scootaloo left to pick up their saddlebags while Twilight filled hers with books that she deemed necessary for the trip.

--------------------------

Scootaloo didn’t know what to think of all this; after talking with almost everypony in Ponyville, not a single one remembered seeing Rainbow for the last two days. And on top of that, it appeared that she had gone missing in the Everfree Forest, the home of many vicious and deadly plants and animals. She hoped that Rainbow was still alive; it would be too tragic for her to lose the only pony she knew that she could call ‘family’. She had never known her parents, who both died less than a year after she was born. They perished after being struck by lightning in a thunderstorm that was only supposed to be a rainstorm (pegasi are responsible for weather control), all two dozen of the pegasi working on that storm had died. She had no aunts or uncles because her parents were only children, and all of her grandparents were either dead or senile. So she lived on her own, even though she wasn’t even old enough to fly yet. The ponies at the foster home she once lived in agreed that, despite her age, she was mature and responsible enough to live by herself. Tears began flowing from her purple eyes as old memories and the thought of losing her only family came to the front of her mind. When she reached her home, she began packing, leaving a trail of tears behind her.