• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 672 Views, 2 Comments

The Last Parasite Returns - mmonsoon326



Scootaloo must rescue Rainbow Dash after a mysterious pony captures her in the Everfree Forest

  • ...
3
 2
 672

That’s Not Fair!

Scootaloo nervously walked through the maze of corridors that composed the castle, until she found herself in the main hall. It was the largest room she had ever seen, bigger than the entire Canterlot Castle. A forest of pillars thicker than the largest trees she’d ever seen, even in the everfree forest, towered above her into darkness. Torches burned on all the pillars, illuminating the floor and allowing her to see faint outlines of arches connecting them until the shadows swallowed the remainders of the pillars and the ceiling.

“Ms. Scootaloo, it is far past time for you to die.” The voice emanated from the darkness, reverberating off the pillars, sending a shiver up the filly’s spine. Without warning, three vague pony forms arose from the millenia-old dust collected on the floor and surrounded her. Scootaloo activated the magical sword and danced, knowledge and skill of how to use it flooding her mind. She ducked under one of them, slicing its hindquarters in the process and beheading another as she entered a roll, only to stab the third in its gaping mouth. They all vaporized the moment her blade of energy touched them. Astonishment was painted across Scootaloo’s face, unsure of how this newfound information came to her, she could only imagine that the sword had somehow given it to her.

“Hey! That’s not fair!” Scootaloo yelled into the darkness above. “You said that we’d have a fair one-on-one fight!”

“Ha! You’re less perceptive than I thought. I said that we would have an honest fight, yes, but not a fair one-on-one. No! My terms were, ‘you with your artifact and me with my magic’, quite simple once you understand it. I guess you’re just too dumb to comprehend a simple statement.” With that, twenty more conjured ponies arose from the dust. Scootaloo danced with them, flowing in, out and about her foes. Though she soon found them to be without number, for every time she smote one, another two would replace it.

“I’ve got to get out of here.” She thought. Glancing up at the pillars above her, she called upon the magic within the sword and leaped into the air, landing on one of the countless arches connecting them. As her hooves touched the stone, she found herself face to face with her opponent. Both of them were overcome with shock and fell to the floor, losing consciousness as they hit the ground.