• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 261 Views, 3 Comments

Run of the plague - reader8363



A biologist come across a dying pony and is sent to Equestria to save it

  • ...
3
 3
 261

Ch 5 The First One

3For the next week, I been working on the Office, while thinking what Zecora told me. After the office was repaired, it took me a few weeks, to put some walls in, paint the outside, put some tiles down, and get some strap tables in, plus some state of the art equipment.

After I got the place ready, I headed over to Rarity’s shop. I walked in to see Rarity going over a list. I cleared my throat to get her attention. She turned around and said, “Timber, nice to see you. Came to get the clothes you’ve requested?”

I said, as I smiled, “Yes, Sorry if they took up some space.”

Rarity said, as she finished up the list, “It’s alright, I just finished up today. Sweetie Belle, could you bring Timber’s clothing down?”

I heard a pony say, “Coming Rarity.” I looked at the top of the stairs, to see Sweetie Belle coming down the stairs, bringing a box down with her. When she saw me, she almost dropped the box and said, “Oh, it’s you, I was wondering why the clothes were weird.”

I smiled, and said, “Nice to see you too, Sweetie Belle.” I turned to Rarity and said, “I met Sweetie Belle right before I met you, along with her friends.”

Rarity said, “Oh you mean the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They made the group right after they realised they were, hmmm, blank flanks.”

I turned to Sweetie Belle, and saw that her hind legs weren’t marked, unlike Rarity’s. I said, “Care to explain what this ‘Cutie Mark’ is all about.”

Sweetie Belle said, “Cutie marks are a sign that everypony gets when they find their talent. Most fillies in our class has their cutie marks, Scootaloo, Applejack, and I made the Cutie Mark Crusaders to find our cutie mark.”

I said, as I thought about Twilight’s mark on her hind legs, “So Twilight’s cutie mark is a 6 point star, what would that be representing. You know, mean.”

Rarity spoke up and said, as she set the list down, “Twilight’s is Magic, but it’s a little more than talent. I got mine by finding a big rock full of gems. Fluttershy got hers by taking care of animals. I think Pinkie pie got hers from throwing a party. Anyways, here is the clothing you’ve requested.”

I got up, thanked them for some explanation on some things. Then I grabbed the box, and walked to Twilight’s castle. As I was walking there, I saw fluttershy heading to me. When she saw me, something passed through her face, relief, worry, hope, scared, I don’t know, never good with expressions. I said, as she got to me, “Hey Fluttershy, what can I do for you?”

She said, as I realized she was holding a bird, “Timber, can you please help? This little bird won’t tell me what’s wrong, one minute, it’s fine, the next, it’s on the ground twitching.”

I said, as I altered my course, “Sure, lets go to my work building. It’s perfect timing that I just got it done. So, what were you doing, before this little bird started twitching?”

I opened the door and walked to the first door on the left. After Fluttershy got in, I shut the door and turned on the light. The room had a table in the middle, some chairs, writing utensils, a sink at one side, some stuff I will be needing, and random hospital stuff in a corner Fluttershy said, as she set the bird on the table, “I was taking care of the other animals, when Angel came up to me and led me to this bird. Then I ran to get some help from you.”

I opened the box I got and grabbed the coat and gloves., then walked over to the bird and gently pushed down on the stomach. The birds’ eyes shot open, and it clamped its beak down on my right hand. I jerked my hand out of its beak, and looked in confusion at my hand. There was bite mark through the glove, and blood was dripping down my hand. I said, as I grabbed some bandages, “Why the hell didn’t you warn me about the bird having teeth?”

Fluttershy hid her face in her hair and said, sounding like she was about to cry, “Cause He didn’t have teeth before. I’m sorry.”

I took a few deep breath and said, as I wrapped my hand up, “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have yelled at you. I’m just surprised that it bit me, Care to join me in the hall?”

Fluttershy nodded and flew to me. As she passed the bird, it got up and jump at her, clamping her teeth on Fluttershy’s wing. She screamed in pain and fell to the ground. I ran off to her and grabbed the bird by the beak and pried it open, then I threw the bird away. The bird got up, shook itself off and flew at me, with it’s beak wide open. I grabbed the closest thing, and swung it. When it connected, I heard a faint crack, and saw the bird flew into the wall. It hit the wall, and sank down onto the ground, dead. I picked up a small towel and placed it over the bird, then walked over to Fluttershy, and picked her up and headed into a different room.

I placed Fluttershy on a bed and went over to a cupboard, and looked through the bottles. Once I found alcohol, the medical kind, I went over to Fluttershy and got to work on her wing. After I was done I pulled a chair next to her and started taking notes. After I was done, I walked back to the room, and pulled the sheet up. There was the dead bird, not moving and having cold eyes, but then something caught my eyes, in the open mouth was something black. I grabbed a pair of tweezers and a vial, then walk to the bird, pick the black thing up, and placed it in the vial. Then I placed the bird in a bag and walked back to Fluttershy, after pocketing the vial. I walked into the room, to see Fluttershy stirring. I walked to her and placed my hand on her shoulder. She opened her eyes, then said, “Um, what happened to the bird, why am I in a different room. and -”

I stopped her there, and said, with a tear streaming down my face, “I’m sorry, the bird is dead. Had to kill it. I brought you to a different room so you didn’t have to see the body and to clean your wing.”

Fluttershy said, as she got up, “Don’t feel hard on yourself, you had to do it.”

I said, as I stopped her from getting up a bit more, “Where do you think you're going, you need to get more rest. Besides, I need to run some test on you, to make sure that there isn’t any problems. She looked at me, nodded, then laid back down. I left the room, leaned against the door, and took a deep breath. What is going on here, is this what Zecora meant? I don’t have as much time as I need. Then I opened the door and went back in

Author's Note:

I slightly change my writing a little. If I messed up some Information, don't be afraid to correct me. I'm looking for a person to be an editor, and/or proofreader, for my stories. So, if anyone knows or wants to help me, message me