• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 262 Views, 3 Comments

Run of the plague - reader8363



A biologist come across a dying pony and is sent to Equestria to save it

  • ...
3
 3
 262

Ch 2 Decisions

I woke up to two unicorns, one was white with pink, blue, and green mane, the other was dark blue with what looked like the night sky in the mane, standing over me. I got up and look to my right. Twilight was there out cold. Spike was standing over her shaking her awake. I turned to the two unicorns and said, “Who are you two.”

The dark blue one took a step forward. Then the white one placed a hoof out, to stop the other one from taking another step, then said, “My name is Celestia, and this is Luna. Twilight sent is a message. You wanted to see us.”

I stood there , then I noticed there wings. I said, “Is Twilight going to be okay?”

Luna said, “Twilight will be fine, now what did you want to tell us?

I took a deep breath and said, “When I was in my world, I stopped on the side of the road, cause I saw an animal lying there. She grabbed me, her eyes were pure white, and she told me to tell you two about some sort of plague, then everything except her bones dissolved, then I took a step into the road, and woke up here.”

Then I heard a groan coming from behind me. I turned around to see Twilight waking up. She shook her head, and stood up, then she walked to the Princess and said, “Did he tell you everything.”

Celestia looked at Twilight and said, “Yes Twilight, he has told us everything, but he will be staying with you, for the time being.”

I said, “What do you mean for the time being, I told you what I needed to tell. Aren’t you going to send me back?”

Celestia turn to me, and said, “You said, that a pony was lying there, not a unicorn.”

I said, confused, “Yeah, what does that have to do with it?”

Twilight gasped and said, “Earth ponies don’t have magic. So, a unicorn or alicorn had to send the pony there.”

Celestia nodded and said, “Correct, and I would know if a pony was sent, it would leave a big magic spot if it happened. So, the pony was sent in the future somehow send you back in time.”

I said, after I put the pieces together, “So I have to stay here, until this plague is done. Great, just great, I’m a biologist, I study life, I don’t know anything about plagues. Send me back to find a different person, perhaps someone that does know stuff about plagues.”

I ran passed them, then I couldn’t move. Luna said, as she walked in front of me, “You study life, so you will be able to tell if something is wrong with animal. Is that correct?”

I said, “Why can’t I move, and, to answer your question, Yes, I will be able to tell.”

Luna said, “That’s why you’re here, you will know when the plague comes. I’m using magic, to immobilize you..

I noticed her horn was going, and said, “Can you please put me down?”

Luna smiled, embarrassed like, then her horn stopped glow, and I was able to move again. Then I was tapped on the shoulder. I turned around to see Twilight standing there. She said, “Timber, could you tell us about yourself.”

I said, as I leaned against the wall, “what is there to say, I’m 20, biologist, I’m stuck in a world with ponies, that can fly and do magic.” I walked out the door and shut it behind me.

I walked around Ponyville, until I reached the park, I sat down, and looked up at the sky. The sun and moon are controlled by winged unicorns, why did it have to be me to come to this weird place, why did I have to stop, I could have just drove by and let someone else come here. Then I heard screaming, I looked at where the screaming came from. An orange young pegasus with purple mane and tail was riding a scooter. Then the scooter hit my feet and the pegasus went flying over the handle. I walked over to the pegasus, cursing at myself for having big feet. I kneeled down and said, “Hey, are you alright?”

The pegasus shook her head and I’m alright, it will take a lot more to keep me down.”

I smiled, then I heard two other screaming Scootaloo. I turned to see a young earth pony and unicorn run towards us. When they got here, I said, “I’m guessing you’re Scootaloo, and who are your friends.

The earth pony said, “I’m Applejack.”

The unicorn said, “I’m Sweetie Belle.”

The pegasus, said, as she tried to get up, “I’m Scootaloo.” Then she winced, in pain.

I scooted closer and grabbed the front hoof and squeezed it gently. She winced and tried to pull away. I said, “You must have broke or sprained your leg. You two carry her to the doctor, or something, just make sure she gets there.” They nodded and walked away,hopefully to the hospital.

I sigh, then I heard someone say, which made me jump, “Wow, how do you about animal bones?”

I turned around to see Luna standing there. I caught my breath and said, as I sat down on the bench, “I help a little at the vets and I broken and sprained some of my bones before.”

Luna sat right next to me, and said, “You know, if you don’t help, even those three little one will die. If you help you can save many others like them.

I said, as I looked at the sky, “Alright, I’ll do it."