• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 418 Views, 7 Comments

New Batteries for Celestia - Thunder Song



Celestia's mane has, as Luna says, 'Ran out of batteries!"

  • ...
2
 7
 418

The Plan

Author's Note:

This is my first story, and I hope you enjoy it.

Faintly based on Dubs Rewatcher's 'The Mane Makes the Mare'.

Ring ring! Ring ring! “EEEEAAAUUUUURRRRGGGGHHH!” Celestia slapped the ‘Sleep’ button on her noisy alarm clock, and it shattered into a million tiny pieces. She yawned and rolled out of bed, onto the diamond floor. She may have been a princess, but elegance was never her strong point. Slowly, she picked herself up and-

“EEEEAAAUUUUURRRRGGGGHHH!” yawned Luna, next door.

Celestia ignored her sister and dragged herself towards her dressing table. Wiping sleepy eye from her tired eyes, she plonked down onto the stool and gazed in the mirror. Picking up a mane brush, Celestia placed it on her head and pulled down. The brush wouldn’t budge.

‘There must be a knot!’ thought Celestia, inspecting her hair in the mirror.

“Huh?” gasped Celestia. Her long, flowing mane was no longer a long flowing mane. It was a long, still mane.

“My ethereal wind!” gasped Celestia. Celestia gasped again: she was doing a lot of gasping today.

Luna, who was, just like her sister, a hater of mornings, slowly walked into Celestia’s room.

“Morning,” she yawned. She gazed absent-mindedly at Celestia’s hair, then her eyes focused. “Your hair’s run out of batteries, Celly!” Luna laughed.

Celestia, however, shot her sister a withering look. Luna didn’t catch it.

“If you go through Twilight’s human world portal thingy then I bet there’s an electrics shop there!” she laughed. Celestia picked up the closest thing to her, her newspaper, to throw at Luna. As it sailed through the air, Luna picked up the closest thing to her, the wobbly doorknob. She threw it at the newspaper just in time, and the newspaper plummeted through the air like a rock. Celestia looked down at the newspaper’s heading, and then began to read:

FAUST (THE CREATOR) LEAVES EQUESTRIA TO GO TO HUMAN BRONYCON. TO RETURN SHORTLY.
By Ink Heart, Celebrity Correspondent for the Pony Times

Celestia suddenly had an idea. “I have had an idea!” she cried, joyfully.

“For once...!” joked Luna. Celestia scowled at her and continued.

“Read this. I can go to Bronycon!” Celestia chucked the paper at Luna, while she fixed the door knob with magic. Luna caught it in her mouth but immediately spat it out onto the floor in disgust. She unfolded it carefully and read.

Once she had done, she looked at Celestia, who had just finished fixing the door knob.

“You would look like an Equestria Girl, though, and real humans would send stories to their newspapers and you’d become famous with NO privacy at all!” Luna explained. Celestia groaned and mumbled something about ‘trying to look on the bright side’, but Luna ignored her.

“Are you sure you’re okay going? Alone?” a worried Luna questioned.

“I’m not alone.” a proud Celestia responded. “I think it’s time for Cadence and Twilight Sparkle to earn an ethereal wind. Don’t you?” Celestia explained and asked.

“Yeah, but…” Luna shifted, “Then I’m gonna be the only princess here while you’re gone and-”
She was cut off by Celestia, “You’re coming! Don’t think you get the castle to yourself! I don’t fall for your tricks! I’ve lived with you for almost all my life, except for…for…well…” Celestia didn’t want to mention Nightmare Moon so she changed her words before Luna realised what was going on. “Except for when I go on adventures on my own.” Celestia finished. Luna didn’t notice a thing, apart from the fact the Celestia had gone red and was sweating. She studied her sister’s face suspiciously, before deciding it was nothing.