• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 1,697 Views, 1 Comments

The Advent of Godzilla - Jongoji245



If the incident with Tirek wasn't enough, Equestria has an encounter with a mean green machine.

  • ...
4
 1
 1,697

Prologue

Far away in the Badlands, an expedition is being carried out. Recently, geologists have reported a mountain range that previously not existed in previous times. Believing that these could be the remains of an ancient city made invisible akin to the Crystal Empire, they’ve enlisted Daring Do to supervise the expedition.

Pegasi flew to the tops of the mountains, chopping out bits for study. Unicorns then wrote notes regarding the mountain range. Earth ponies lifted and moved apart boulders and fossils.

One pair of earth ponies uncovered a pair of craters 30 feet from the summit of the mountains. Daring Do assembled a band of ponies and entered one of the craters. Despite being in the Badlands, the caves had a constant breeze. Opposite of the other ponies’ chagrin, the tan pegasus became awful suspicious of the apparent rhythm of the breeze.

Back at the surface, a unicorn begins to analyze a sample of the rock under a microscope. At his side lie an assortment of known rocks so he could compare. He places a rock into an unfilled spot in the assortment.

“It’s translucent and purple, yet there is no grain size.” the unicorn wondered as he rubbed his head. “There is only one pony I know who can help.”

Back at the craters, Daring Do travels deeper, her hooves gradually becoming drenched in mud as the breeze becomes notably stronger.

“What do you mean it isn’t a rock?” The unicorn commented to a gray earth pony mare with a purple mane and gray-blue tunic.

“I know a rock when I see one,” - Maud listlessly looked down at the supposed rock - “and that is not a rock.”

Frustrated, the unicorn bit out a piece of his hoof and looked at it under the microscope. His eyes widened as he placed the sample next his nail.

Back at the cave, one of the expedition ponies walked towards the wall with a pick ax. She begins chipping at the wall, but surprisingly to no avail. She raises the pick ax high and slams it into the wall. After pulling it out, a red stream comes out of the hole.

“Uhm… Is that normal?” She nervously asks.

After Daring Do walked up to the stream, the wall began to shake. Sniffing the stream, something was very much wrong.

“Everyone out, NOW!” She ordered.

In sync, the tremors increased. Everypony began to run for cover as the ground cracked and the mountains moved. In a period of five minutes, the ground exploded, covering the air above with dust. Daring Do was in a good distance away as she noticed something moving in the dust. The figure appeared to turn in a circle, looked up at the sun and bellowed.

Author's Note:

For an extended prologue, watch "Godzilla vs Megaguirus."