• Published 1st Oct 2015
  • 2,325 Views, 50 Comments

Universe and Sparkle - King Xeno



When Steven and Connie screw around during a warp, they find themselves in Equestria. Without the other Gems to help them, they have to find a way home, protect their new friends and stop several monsters/villains along the way.

  • ...
10
 50
 2,325

Where's Lion?

Between dimensions, the Dark Voice began to ponder the events that had transpired. "I wonder if he had fully realized my warning, hopefully he didn't just take it as some strange dream... Let's see about bringing more of those Cluster Gems here..." The Dark Voice began to return to its work, using powerful magic to shift the creatures between dimensions.


"A strange monster? And you said that you'd dreamed it?" Pearl asked, and Steven nodded. "It may have just been a meaningless dream, but it wouldn't be the first time that Steven had communicated through his dreams." Pearl said, and Pinkie shot a hoof into the air. "Um... Yes?" Pearl asked, and Pinkie inhaled.

"So are you saying that it's like when Steven spoke with Lapis during your slumber party?" Pinkie asked, and Pearl nodded.

"It seems that Steven's kept you up to date..." Pearl began and Steven's hand shot into the air.

"You all realize that you don't need to raise your hands or hooves, right?" Pearl asked, before motioning for Steven to speak.

"I never told them about that." Steven said quickly, and Pearl's eyes widened.

"Then... How did she...?" Pearl began, staring at Pinkie Pie, who waved a hoof. "Right... It's like what Discord had said isn't it? Don't question Pinkie Pie?" Pearl asked, and Twilight nodded. "Well... Yes, it's exactly like that. Whether it was or not, only time will..." Pearl continued, but was cut off by a voice.

"Had someone mentioned me?" Discord appeared out of thin air, and grinned at Pearl. "Hello Pearly! How are you this fine day?" Discord asked, and Pearl scowled at the draconequus, and sighed.

"Hello Discord. If you don't mind, I was just about to say that only time will tell." Pearl moved and got down onto one knee, so that she was eye level with Steven. "You need to be on guard. Don't let this prevent you from... Enjoying yourself, but just remember that there's something strange happening. You and Connie may be the only ones protecting this world from utter carnage and destruction. You need to be serious about this... Okay?" Pearl said, and Steven nodded, before moving his arms straight above his head. "Not that serious." Pearl added, just as the hologram began to fade.

"Goodbye Pearl!" Steven happily shouted, and Discord moved next to him.

"See you later, Skippy!" Discord shouted, and Pearl's eyes widened again.

"Wait... Skippy?" Pearl asked, before the hologram fully disappeared.

"I don't think she's particularly fond of me. I don't see why. I'm fun, aren't I?" Discord asked, before sighing and snapping his fingers, which caused a violin to appear in his hands. He began to play a song, if it could even be called that, the violin made angry screaming sounds instead of music.

Twilight rolled her eyes before muttering "Geez, I wonder why..."

Steven looked around in confusion, before asking "Where did Lion go?"


"It's not to far ahead!" Sweetie Belle shouted, as she charged forward, normally that would be something that Scootaloo does, but today she was excited. She had discovered something, and she couldn't wait to show it to her friends, and her friends matched her enthusiasm. The part that really had her excited was the fact that this wasn't in the Everfree forest, meaning there was no chance of her getting in trouble for this. She stopped and pointed a hoof at a large group of small crystals sitting in the dirt. Applebloom and Scootaloo, having seen this, began to grow less enthusiastic.

"That's what you brought us out here for? These tiny gems?" Scootaloo asked, tapping one of the relatively small jewels.

"Yeah, aren't they pretty? I was thinking that we could get them for Rarity, and then maybe she'll let us use her sewing machine again." Sweetie Belle explained, and Applebloom shook her head.

"Ahm not so sure. Last time we brought it back, she didn't seem too happy about the condition it was in..." Applebloom said, and Sweetie Belle shrugged.

"It can't hurt to try." Sweetie Belle moved down and grabbed one of the crystals with her teeth. She pulled, and pulled, and pulled, but the crystal didn't budge, instead it seemed to do down a small amount. She released her grip and failed to notice them disappear underneath the ground. "Maybe we could get something from the farm to help. Like a..." Sweetie Belle began, but a loud groan made them fall silent. Suddenly a large creature burst out from underneath the dirt, leaping at them with massive hands ready to crush the small fillies. They screamed in terror, and waited for the monster's attack, but it never came. They heard a roar, and saw the monster get flung away. Standing a few feet away was a pink lion, one they recognized.

"It's Lion!" Scootaloo shouted, although they hadn't personally met Steven, Connie, or Lion, they had heard their sisters describe them, and this creature matched the description perfectly.

Lion rushed forward, his teeth barred and his eyes glowing white. While this may have been enough to make anything else stand down, it was not the least bit intimidating to the Gem Mutant. It stared at Lion with its eyeless face and let out an equally as aggressive roar, before charging to meet the large feline. The Gem Mutant raised its massive hands and prepared to slam them onto Lion's head, but he managed to teleport away, before appearing behind the monster, letting out another offensive roar. He watched as the large forced fusion was slammed into a tree, and slowly recovered. It let out a groan, filled with agony and pain, it started a charge, while it moved slowly at first, it began to build up speed, before swinging a large arm at him. Lion leaped over the attack and bit down onto the Gem Mutant's shoulder, slamming it onto the ground. It didn't rise, but its moans of pain and anger still filled the air, it sounded sad, almost as if it was expressing some form of regret at its actions. Lion lifted a paw and brought it down onto the Gem Mutant, causing it to explode in a cloud of white smoke, leaving several small gems lying on the ground. Lion wasn't sure what to do with them at this point, he couldn't bubble them, and he certainly didn't have Steven or any of the other Gems here to do it. He let out a snort and picked them up in his mouth, before turning to face the astounded fillies.

"I always thought he'd be a lot scarier, with big teeth, and claws!" Sweetie Belle said, before noticing that the ground began to shake, the cluster of gems began to move, and several more Gem Mutants bust out from the earth, making the fillies scream in shock. Lion had to make a choice here, and it was simple what he would do. Lino dropped the shards, and rushed over by the fillies, lowering himself enough for them to climb on, and he began to run, before letting out a roar, creating a portal back to Twilight's castle. He quickly disappeared within, just as one of the monsters had reached them, but the portal closed before any of them could get though.