• Published 1st Oct 2015
  • 2,326 Views, 50 Comments

Universe and Sparkle - King Xeno



When Steven and Connie screw around during a warp, they find themselves in Equestria. Without the other Gems to help them, they have to find a way home, protect their new friends and stop several monsters/villains along the way.

  • ...
10
 50
 2,326

Discord vs Pearl

It had been hectic, getting back to Twilight's castle, and even getting a hold of the Gems took a longer time than usual. While Rarity, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack remained back in Ponyville for the time being, Steven and Connie had been given a pair of cards. They were invitations to their "Welcome to Ponyville/Thank You for Saving Us From a Monster" party. While they would be attending the party later this evening, they had something they needed to do first. Joined by Celestia, Luna, and Cadance, they would need to tell the Gems what had happened. Although Steven knew they wouldn't take it very well.


"What did you just say!?" Pearl asked, her form becoming tense and nervous. Amethyst could be heard snoring in the background, while Garnet was nowhere to be seen.

"It was a Gem Mutant. One of those forced fusion thingies." Steven replied, but this didn't seem to calm Pearl, in fact she didn't seem to register that he had even spoken.

"Steven, what did you just say?" She asked again, and Steven sighed.

"We saw and poofed a Gem Mutant. Do you know how it got here?" Steven replied, and this time Pearl seemed to understand.

"No... It couldn't have gotten there unless... No, that can't be right... Can it?" Pearl began to speak to herself, and the noticed the confused looks that Steven, Connie, Twilight, and the other Princesses were giving her. "There is a possibility, but it's just so ridiculous..." Pearl added.

Celestia moved forward, and began to speak. "Well? What is it?" She asked, and Pearl grabbed a large blanket off the couch behind her.

"It is believed that dimensions are separated by an unidentifiable force... Like this water-proof blanket." Pearl began, before grabbing a large glass of water. She spread out the blanket, and tacked it down, before pouring a small amount of water on it. "The blanket prevents the water from dripping through to the other side... Are you all following me so far?" Pearl checked, and received nods. "Now, let's say that my spear..." Pearl paused and reached up to her Gem, which began to glow. She grabbed onto an object that began to protrude from her, and pulled out a short spear, but when she twirled it in her hand, it extended to reach its full size. "...Is the spell that Twilight had cast..." She quickly stabbed the blanket, allowing the water to flow for a small amount, until the spear plugged the hole. "It created a small portal, that ripped a hole through time and space, but at the same time corked it, allowing very little of our world to spill through." She removed the spear and the water inside the blanket began to flow freely through the hole. "However once the spell stopped, the 'cork' was removed and it allowed many things from our world to spill into Equestria, including the Cluster Gems. Now it's just a theory..." Pearl said, but a laughing filled the air.

"Do you honestly believe that's what happened?"A voice asked, and a strange creature appeared before their eyes. It was a mess of animals parts, with a lions paw, an eagles talons, a hoofed foot, a lizard foot, a bat wing, a bird wing, two mismatched horns, and a large fang. Its red eyes looked at them with an impossible mix of sanity and pure madness. "I'm afraid Miss Fancy, is wrong!" It said, smiling, while turning to face Steven. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you! My card." It said, handing a business card to Steven and Connie.

Discord, Spirit of Chaos

"Spirit of Chaos?" Connie asked and noticed that Discord had gotten uncomfortably close to her.

"Yes, although I don't suppose you didn't see very chaotic things before meeting Steven. Am I correct?" Discord asked, and before she could reply, Discord once again began to speak. "I'm glad you agree! Now, if you really want to know what's wrong, then you'll have to ask someone else, because this..." Discord paused. "...Trinket, doesn't know what she's talking about."

"TRINKET!? I'll have you know that I am a Cr-" Pearl began, but Discord cut her off.

"Crystal Gem? Like that means anything here. We don't have any Gems here, well, we didn't." Discord said, tapping Steven's nose.

"Well, then, what do you think it is?" Pearl asked, still fuming over Discord's comment.

"I was going to get to that, but a certain someone stopped me from saying it." Discord smirked at Pearl, who began to growl. "I cannot say, for that would ruin the story for the readers."

"Readers?" Steven asked, and Discord shrugged.

"I thought I'd try my hand at the whole 'Breaking the Fourth Wall' thing, but I think I'll just leave it to Pinkie Pie." Discord said, before noticing the strange glances that he was receiving. "Had no pony warned you? Listen, when it comes to the Mane Six, each one has a certain rule. Fluttershy's is do not harm an animal. Applejack's is, be honest, and don't touch the hat. Rainbow Dash's is praise her awesomeness, or she'll pout at you. Rarity's is do not get her dirty, or judge her fashion choices. Twilight's is that everything has an explanation and meaning. Finally..." Discord stopped, and began to lean towards Steven and Connie. "Don't... Question... Pinkie Pie..."

"Noted..." Steven muttered, and Pearl finally lost her patience.

"Look! You said that you'd tell us what is behind this, so are you going to or not!?" Pearl shouted, now furious. "Also, I would prefer if you explained why you believe that I am so misinformed!"

Discord's ears were pressed against his head, and he sniffled a small amount. "I-I-I don't know if I can anymore. Here I come, ready to give my assistance and you shout at me like I mean nothing! I'm sorry, but I will not be helping you anymore!" Discord shouted, snapping his fingers and disappearing in a cloud of white smoke.

"What!? After the insults and the shenanigans I just put up with, he just leaves!?" Pearl asked, and Steven shrugged, but noticed Discord behind her, mimicking and mocking her.

"You want to know why I said you're wrong?" Discord startled Pearl, and she whirled around to face her. "When someone says 'It's just a theory' what I hear is 'I don't have a basic understanding of science'. As for what's causing all of this, I haven't a clue. However, I do know of a way for you to find out..." Pearl grabbed her spear and swung it at him. Discord was able to avoid the attack by splitting himself in half, allowing the spear to pass between his pieces. "Well that's rude." Discord muttered.

"Get back into you're own dimension! Who knows what trouble you'll cause here!" Pearl shouted. Discord rolled his eyes, before disappearing in another cloud of white smoke, appearing next to Steven.

"She's a bit cranky, wouldn't you agree?" Discord asked, and Pearl pressed her palms against her forehead.

"I... I need to go for now... I'm not sure how much of this... Thing... I can take." Pearl said, before adding "We'll talk again tomorrow Steven... Just... Just stay safe..." Pearl walked off, and Discord chuckled.

"I haven't had that much fun in ages! It's a really nice turn change of pace. Well, I suppose I should be going. After all, I don't want to miss the party tonight!" Discord said, patting Steven's head. He disappeared, but this time left a rabbit where he had just been.

Steven grinned and said "He seems nice, a bit obnoxious, but nice."