• Published 29th Sep 2015
  • 628 Views, 4 Comments

Fangs of Vengeance - MaskedPony



After a near death experience, and having her life changed, Vinyl has to deal with the fact she is now a Vampony. Broken and torn, Vinyl goes on a journey seeking vengence. Will she be able to stop the rouges before it's too late?

  • ...
6
 4
 628

Perlude: descension

Author's Note:

Hey what up guy's MaskedPony here, and I am bring you a new fic. This time, I am doing a new type and....something different. Anyway, this is going to be a sad but a breathtaking fic, and I hope you all enjoy it

Anway, Val Dun is a character me and my friend made


If your reading this just for Vamponies and to follow and such, Please ignore Spam, Hate or negative comments. Any that are directed towards me in a attacking matter will be deleted. This will be going in every author note so I can prevent hateful, rude, or harsh comments.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the Perlude, if you want more, leave a like, and favorite, it will help. Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter, and I hope you can help me make this story grow.

Update: So I had to do minor revisions since the owner of Adapting To Night, Rated R Ponystar/Rated PonyStar pointed it out that there was a similarity. So I had to fix the chapter and get rid of the thing that caused the similarity.

Through the land of Equestria, folk tales have been told from generation to generation. Every new folk tale become, tales during each millennium. While there believers of the superstitions within the tales that make them believe they are real, some don't belive calling em nothing, but fairy tails told to the younger of each new generation. However, one tale, still lives on, and is rumored to be real.

While there are three pony tribes, Earth, who roam the land providing crops, Pegasi, who help with the weather, and Unicorns, whom use their magic, there are also Alicorns, who rule the land with peace. Unknowingly, there is a fifth race known to existed sometime around for a couple centuries, they call em, Vamponies.

Through believers they state that Vamponies have been given immortality when a pony becomes one. While Luna was imprisoned, a war, was kept secret. all of Equestria never knew of the war, except for one, Princess Celestia.

While the war was out of public attention and unable to be put in papers, the war reached it's Climax and those who were responsible for the war were executed and stripped from immortality. Fearing the public wouldn't like to hear the existance of the spieces of ponies, Celestia cleverly signed a peace treaty with the leader of the Vamponies secretly without media attention, and allowed them to roam and live in Equestria, but with a vow not to break the treaty.

However, it all changed when a group of rouges were made. While trying to keep the peace treaty in balence, Celestia created a team of individuals to take action if anything occured. However, the leader on the other hand, Wave Sonar, kept the peace treaty intact with his trusty weapon, The Silver Sword of Light. Little did Celestia known that the unthinkable happened, Wave Sonar was killed by another Vampony.

Years, Centeries, and a Millennium went by, and peace was seemingly going on for the Mortals. However, the Vamponies have been trying to stop the rouges. Unkowingly, to the Vamponies trying to keep the treaty intact, one mortal seemingly turns out to be the Legendary Vampony, and our story begins with a new Vampony, and a stallion, who has ruined her life.

Present day

In the midst of the night, the town of Canterlot was sound asleep. through the past few months, so many events happened that cause Equestria to discover something that was left sacred to royalty. Through those months, the events caused a mysterious race to be shown to the public eye, one that was only said to exist in the urban legends.

In Canterlot Prison, a Pony was looking at another in their cell. One that commited such sinister, that all of Equestria was almost put in danger. Looking at this pony made the other feel satisfied. As she turned around, she began to walk away from the cell while keeping her Sword in her sheath on her, with a face that looked pleased and looked like she did something she felt was right, but a sense of fear.

When she left the prison, she begin to walk with another pony who looked worried, such worry that it was like the other did something wrong, as they walked, the other, who appeared to have Fangs look up at the sky with her eyes feeling regret over her actions. All she could think of, is what her decsion was. A decision that might of been hard for her.

"I...I can't believe this. These past months, for a while now I question how I got involve in this mess. All these events, ponies trying to kill me, and even a long secret thats been hidden in my family. All leading to one thing being a connection? This is one thing I will NEVER forget. All the years of being a DJ and having a ton of fans, never thought that one month many months ago, would be one month that change my life forever and who I am today."

Few Months ago,
A Nightly attack

The night in Equestria is the calmest times during days. Amongst the night, while some ponies slept during quietness of the night, Ponies sometimes go out for night strolls, while others have night shift jobs. Knowing the night, they are well known to be dangerous at times, while sometimes, mysterious ponies sometime roam the night.

In Canterlots finest club, many come to drink, have fun, and even, meet the finest Dj, Vinyl DJ-Pon3 Scratch. Today, Vinyl was Djing for the club, however, it was no oridnary Djing, it was a surpise that nopony saw coming, a DJ Duet. Dispite the devotion that ponies have for Vinyl, Octavia gotten a chance to do a DJ Duet with Vinyl. Loud Cheers were heard, the Duet was very amazing, even with the Chello, to the partiers and people who are listening to Vinyl and Octavia preform, it became the best Night ever. "We love you Vinyl!" everypony shouted.

"Everyone loves DJ-Pon3, YEAH!"

While the party was happening, a suspicous figure in a cloak was outside. However, one thing was not right, this pony had fangs, and red eyes. From what was seen, it was staring at Vinyl, with a menacing, and vicious stare. Judging my what it looked like, it wasn't good. The figure then got out a Crystal and touched it, and it started to protray another stallion, whom bared a Dark Red coat and and a black and red mane. "Master, I found the target." He said sinisterly.

"Excellent Sand Storm, however, wait till she is somwhere no witnesses can see her die. Are we clear?"

Sand looked at him with a sinister smirk. "Yes master, I will call you when the deed is done."

With his next task assigned, Sand put the Crystal back in his robe and watched. As he watched the party already has finished. Ponies were walking out and going to their homes as he hid. Not only that, but as usual at some clube parties, one of em usually comes out wobbling an trying to remain on their hooves who would look like they're intoxicated, however, this time, that didn't happen. Lastly, Vinyl and Octavia came walking out and began to head to the train back to ponyville; Sand began to follow. "You know, that was an amazing Duet we did." Vinyl complimented.

"Ugh, Vinyl, you know how I feel about doing these things."

Vinyl rolled her eyes. "Come on Tavi, you know it was fun."

"What did I tell you about calling me that in public?"

This made Vinyl Blush embarrassingly. "Oh, heh, sorry."

As they walked, Sand made sure not to spook em or blow is cover. When they reached the train station, Sand went ahead and gone to Ponyville, to prepare for his attack. As Vinyl and Octavia got on the Train, they sat by the window. With the train going, Octavia saw the full moon, normally, she never looked up at the moon when Nightmare Moon was on it, but, the moon reminded her of an old legend. To not be bored, Octavia told Vinyl about a urban legend. The legend states Vamponies roam the night. By day, its hard to tell who is a Vampony since it is believe that they find ways to hide themselves, while in the Midst of Lunas Moon till the rise of Celestias sun, the vamponies come out. In Vinyls mind, she never believed in the Urban Legends, she was a nonbeliever in the superstition.

Minutes past and the Train arrived in Ponyville. When Octavia and Vinyl got off, Vinyl and Octavia decided to go for a midnight. While walking around, Vinyl and Octavia begin to enjoy the quiet night in the town. Within minutes they were walking to what is now named the ruins of Golden Oak. Ever since the library was destroyed due to all records being destroyed, Vinyl somehow couldn't return her History of Dubstep in the Making book.

As they entered, unknowingly, Vinyl heard a third party enter. Turning around Vinyl saw a stallion Unicorn in a cloak with a sinister look. Octavia also turned around. Looking at his face, it seemed like he was a stallion that do bad things to mares in the middle of the night. Looking closely Vinyl saw him drawing a weapon. "W-what are you doing? You know your in public idiot."

All the Stallion did was laugh and looked at Vinyl. "You think there would be witnesses? Shame I don't have one target, but one to silent."

Remembering what to do in this situation, Vinyl began to fight. While fighting the pony, Octavia, who was witnesses this was frozen. However, in a act of surprised, and Octavia trying to find her voice from shock Vinyl was stabbed. "ACCCK" Vinyl yelped in pain, as she fell to the ground.

With Vinyl on the ground, she was breathing heavily. To her she felt like screaming, however, fear had her. She was in pain. At that exact moment, she saw her attacker. As he drew near this drew more fear down Vinyl. The Pony had a set of fangs as teeth and menecing lookin eyes, Vinyl cried, she was in danger. Suddenly, Vinyl screamed. "Octavia, Get Help! OW...."

Thinking fast Octavia nodded and ran towards the direction to the hospital. The attacker however didn't seemed to go after her, but stood with a vicious grin and looked at Vinyl "It's a shame that Equestria will not see their favorite DJ D......" Sand hissed as he gotten inturrupted and pushed by something.

While Vinyl was looking with tears and fear, she saw who came to her rescue, Another pony in a cloak, whom was beating up the other. It was like some kinda thing she sees in comics, however, it was reality, and it was like some kinda super pony. Unfortunately, one thing Vinyl saw, was something she never expected, it bit her attacker. After that, it came to Vinyls side and pulled the weapon out of her. "Stay with me miss." The stranger said.

"Cold....s-so....very C-cold."

Hearing this made the stranger worried. If he didn't do anything, the pony was going to die, by the hands of a dead murderer, which would result in a double murder. This was a serious life or death situation, and....the only option was one that Vinyl would hate. "Miss.....I can give you a second chance, I will be able to make you live if you let me do what I have to do to you. Either that, or it be too late." The Pony explained. "Trust me, I wont hurt you, I'll save your life, is it a Yes or a no?"

"Y-Yes, p...please I....I don't wanna die.....Please....."

Hearing this, the pony lifted Vinyls head to where her neck is shown. As it was quick, his fangs transformed. Wastiing no time, he then bit Vinyls neck. To Vinyl she felt like screaming, but what ever he was doing, was seemingly doing something to her. After a while, Vinyl fell asleep. Wasting no time, the pony put Vinyl on his back, along with making a card appear and put it close to the corpse of the attacker in a spot where it can't be publicly seen for safety. Hearing the medical ponies and another pony coming, the stranger quickly changed back into normal pony form and went to Vinyl and felt her pulse. At that moment, the medical ponies came in. "Sir what is going on?" A Nurse asked.

"I just happened to be passing by and I saw this mare here almost die. I took care of the attacker, don't worry, I am planning on going to Canterlot and alerting Celestia about the attack. Right now this mare needs medical attention, stat."

When seeing the ruin, the Nurse, and the mysterious pony helped put Vinyls unconscious body onto the gurney. Wasting no time they hurried to the hospital, while the pony disappeared in the blackness of the night.

Reborn

Luckily, Vinyl was alive, the good news, the pony did something and saved her life, the bad, she ended up in a four day coma. Octavia was the first to hear that Vinyl is in a coma since she and Vinyl live together. When she saw Vinyl lying in the hospital bed, to her, her body seemed lifeless like. To her, it felt like Vinyl died, and felt like she was about to cry, luckily, the doctor told her she is in a coma.

During the day, Twilight gotten the calling card from the royal guards whom went to investigate what happened at the golden oak, which, turned out to be a calling card that had to be hidden from the public and media at all cost. She sent it to Celestia. Pinkie however, decided to throw a get well and recover party when Vinyl wakes up. As for Vinyls friends, and fans, they sent her gifts to her hospital room where she remained sleeping. To the doctors, they felt worried Vinyl would never get to see the light of day and pass away, but they kept hope that Vinyl wakes up.

Four days have past, and Vinyl was still out. However, late at night, Vinyl woke up. As she was waking up, she heard a voice. "Vinyl......" The voice said.

As Vinyl regained composer, she then saw a face look at her, which seemingly to be a stallion. "What is your name?" He asked

"...Vinyl Scratch"

"What is your race?"

".....Unicorn"

"Who is your friend you live with?"

"Octavia Melody."

Hearing this made the Stallion smile. It was a miricle Vinyl remembered everything. Usually, those who were saved had amnesia, but Vinyl was very lucky, probably the luckiest mare. As the stallion adjust Vinyls bed, Vinyl was looking at him. But, questions were going in her head, what happend and such. "Uggh......W-what happened?" Vinyl groaned

"You were attacked, and I saved you. You have been out for four days. Better take a look, but, try not to panic."

The Stallion left the chair and went and got a miror and bought it to Vinyl. As Vinyl looked in the mirror, she couldn't believe her eyes, or in this case, her new eyes. Her eye color has changed, and she now had Fangs. Seeing this, scared her. What ever happened to her, did something to her. "W-wha...: Vinyl said

"Relax, you said yes to to this, you were begging for a second chance, and, you gotten it. Your a vampony now."

The word Vampony hit Vinyl. To her, it felt like she just did something. As Vinyl turned she saw an IV, this made her panic. To prevent her from having to be Sedated, the Stallion walked up to her and calm her. "Don't scream, you don't want to get in trouble and end up being Sedated. Everything is fine" He assured.

As Vinyl was trying to figure out what was going on, it felt like some kinda a dream, a really bad dream. She closed her eyes and kept thinking to herself that its just a bad dream, a really bad dream. However, she was thrown off guard when the Stallion revealed he can read her mind. With Vinyl calming down, Vinyl looked at the Stallion who saved her. To her, he came out of the clear blue and rescued her. "T-Thank you.......what is your name?" Vinyl asked polietly.

"My name, is Val-Dun."

With that out of the way, Val then told Vinyl about the Vamponies. In the story, it is said that Vamponies were once a threat to Equestria, till the end of the war in 1617, a war that remained secret from the public eye, except for the war ponies and Vamponies. After the war, Val, and Princess Celestia signed a secret peace treaty to allow the Vamponies to roam freely, with a promise to no cause a violation to the peace treaty TIll the present, the peace treaty has been going on, and no violation happened. After concluding everything, Vinyl understood that being a Vampony would allow her to live. "So. Vinyl, there is some things you should know, one, your immortal. You won't be able to die unless you have been stabbed in the heart with something Silver or decapitated. Next, you have to feed on blood, luckily, I have gave you blood while you were in a coma, so, when your released, you need to suck blood. Most importantly, you need to sheild your eyes AT, ALL, COSTS, during the day," Val informed.

"So, is there anything else?"

"Yes, garlic, if you eat Garlic, you might die, but you have to get your stomach pumped, it does work after all."

As Val finished, he heard hoofsteps. Judging that it was the doctors, Val knew he had to get out. Since they are secret to the public. Quickly reacting, Val did something to vinyl so she can remain normal for the night. Just then, he pulled a crystal out, and put it in Vinyls saddle bag. "Vinyl, in case you want to talk to me, use this crystal, it will give you the ability to call me anytime. Anyway, I must get going." Val said as he disappeared.

At that moment, the doctor came in, and saw Vinyl was awake. The good news, Vinyl is getting released tonight. As the doctor did his final check up, he proceeded to go and fill papers out. Octavia then came in with a wheelchair and the doctors helped Vinyl on to it and put her saddle bags on her lap. With the paperwork all filled out, Vinyl and Octavia move out into the night and headed straight for home. Unkowingly to Vinyl, she had to keep her Vampony self a secret from Octavia. Fearing that it might ruin their friendship, she promised herself to not tell her, however, unkowingly to her, the day she would tell Octavia, is drawing near.