• Published 16th Sep 2015
  • 941 Views, 33 Comments

Sombra Finds True Love - Book Lover 1994



After 1000 year of not knowing true love Sombra finds it in a unicorn filly named Lucina who is the youngest daughter of Princess Cadence and Shining Armor.

  • ...
7
 33
 941

The Rescue

Thunder Clap’s search group came upon some tracks leading deeper into the snow cover pasture.

“Do you think we should follow it, Sir?” one of the crystal pony guards asked.

Thunder Clap didn’t have the patients for a stupid question like that. “Of course we follow it, it’s our only lead to where the princess may be. Now move out.”

“Yes Sir.” They all saluted.
______________________________________________________________________________

Lucina was exploring through the umber castle oblivious to the search parties looking for her. And King Sombra was planning on keeping it that way.

Sombra sensed that one of the magical motion detectors were activated. He sent out a bit of his shadow magic to investigate. What he didn’t expect was that the guard in training to be leading one of the search parties.

-That damn colt is persistent.-

Sombra conjured up a door, “Princess I think you should go into this room.”

Lucina was confused, “What? Why?”

He levitated her and forced her into the room, “I’m sorry about this Princess, but this is for your own good.”

Lucina struggled to break free from his levitation spell but it was too strong, “wait what’s going on?”

Sombra wasn’t listening, he broke the spell, locked the door behind him and made the door disappear.

She pounded her hooves against the umber walls, “Shadow what’s going on? Let me out, please.”

Sombra teleported himself outside of his castle to meet up with the search group. “May I help you stallions?”
______________________________________________________________________________

Sombra sudden appearance surprised the crystal ponies. Thunder Clap cleared his throat, “yes, we’re looking for Princess Lucina. It would appear that she went missing during the Crystal Fair.”

“My apologies but I have not seen the princess. After all I left the infirmary yesterday and came straight back home.” Sombra answered in boredom.

“I would like nothing more than to contradict you Sir, however there are eye witness’s accounts that the princess was last seen with you.” Thunder spoke with reserved patience.

“Is that so?” Sombra drawled. “Then it must be somepony else, after all I’ve been on the outskirts of the empire for a full day now.”

While Sombra and Thunder bantered one of the guards was tracking the teleportation spell that Sombra used. “Sir, I tracked the point of orientation of his sudden appearance. It’s this way follow me.”

Thunder Clap gave the king a smug triumphant smirk. “Lead the way soldier.”

The stallions gathered around the front entrance of the umber castle.

- This castle wasn’t here before. - Thunder thought to himself. –I mean only a few months ago this was an empty field. What’s going on here? - He looked over to Sombra for a sign that the stallion was going to explain anything, but alas he stayed silent.

Just then he could hear a pounding sound coming from inside the structure. Without warning Thunder Clap charged through the palace following the beating sound of what he could only assume was Princess Lucina.
______________________________________________________________________________

King Sombra knew that the jig was up and that the crystal pony guards were going to find Lucina in any moment. So without the other ponies noticing, he created a shadow duplicate of himself to help them search for her. He then teleported himself to another location within the umber castle and transformed into his true form.

“It’s been ages since I was my true self, and sweet Luna it feels good.”

Sombra stretched out his limbs and conjured up his blood red cape and his crown. He made his way to the direction of where the royal soldiers and his duplicate were heading. After all there is no point in hiding any longer. He had to make his presence and intentions be known sooner or later, why not now?

He stopped stationary in front of the wall where he had poor, dear, darling, little Princess Lucina was imprisoned behind.

It didn’t take long for the royal guard to join him. He mentally cackled at the confused expression that Thunder Clap had smeared across his face.

“Looking for something soldier in training?” King Sombra taunted.

Thunder Clap looked back and forth between Sombra and the doppelganger, “WHERE IS SHE???????”

Sombra was unfazed by his outburst. “Who? The princess? I can assure you, young warrior, she’s perfectly safe.”

Thunder took a menacing step forward, “why do I have a feeling that you are lying.”

He shrug one shoulder, “believe what you want.”

Thunder Clap’s horn began to glow yellow and it looked like little lightning sparks were protruding from it. “TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE KEEPING THE PRINCESS, NOW!!!!”

“Ah…. Yes I could tell you where she is being imprisoned,” he taunted, “but where would be the fun in that?”

Thunder lost his patience then and blasted the king with a lightning blast that sounded like thunder once it hits its mark.

But Sombra got out of the way just in time, but the damage was already done.

They both heard a scream coming from the room that Sombra had Lucina trapped in. “PRINCESS!!!” They both yelled out when they saw a giant part of the debris falling towards her.
______________________________________________________________________________

Lucina could hear arguing from the other side of the wall she was trapped behind. She was able to make out five silhouettes through the crystalized wall. Based on the voices she could hear it was Thunder and Shadow who were fighting, but is sounded more like Thunder was doing most of the verbal argument than Shadow. The strange thing was Shadow didn’t sound like himself, his voice sounded more menacing, cold, and echo-y.

Then she saw that the argument became physical when Thunder’s horn began to glow. Once the discharge hit the wall she let a scream of fear. Little did she know of the debris was falling above her.

Last thing she felt was herself rushed by two massive forms and looking into a pair of beautiful rube and emerald eyes with purple mist perturbing from them.

-My hero. - she thought wistfully.

Author's Note:

- - = inner thought
Sorry for taking soooo long to up date with this new chapter . between my new job and classes I haven't had the time to write i'm afraid. but everything is ok now and i'll try to have the next chapter posted in the next 3-4 weeks.
Again i'm sorry for the wait. please in joy this chapter.