• Published 16th Sep 2015
  • 939 Views, 33 Comments

Sombra Finds True Love - Book Lover 1994



After 1000 year of not knowing true love Sombra finds it in a unicorn filly named Lucina who is the youngest daughter of Princess Cadence and Shining Armor.

  • ...
7
 33
 939

The Release from the Infirmary

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait. :twilightblush:
College work has been keeping from writing. :facehoof:
I hope you enjoy this chapter.:raritywink:

Days, weeks, months have pass since King Sombra was found in the snow of the Crystal Empire. Lucina visited him every day during his recovery.

She brought him treats, books from the royal library, news about the latest gossip in the empire or in Canterlot, and sometimes to keep him company.

With every day that Sombra stayed in the infirmary he could feel himself become stronger and all of his powers coming back to him.

He knew that with the amount of power that he had right now he could have converted himself into a shadowy mist and left the infirmary by now, however something was holding him back. But what?

Lucina walked into the infirmary room, “Shadow I have some good news.”

Sombra gestured for her to continue.

“You can finally leave the infirmary now,” she said excitedly.

Finally is right, he thought.

“Isn’t that great?” she squealed.

“Yeah,” he answered absently.

One of the Crystal Empire Infirmary nurses walked in to check his vitals, “okie dokie Mr. Shadow it would appear that you are healthy enough to leave the infirmary. You just need to sign these forms and then we’ll let you go on your merry way.”

The little filly smiled ear to ear, “and just in time for the Crystal Fair too. Right Nurse Gem Heart?”

Nurse Gem Heart nodded, “oh yes, how could I forget?”

The Cristal Fair the root of all of Sombra’s suffering. He could recall in the pass whenever the time of the Cristal Fair came along he would fall ill, no matter how much he promised his best friend Radiant Hope, he was unable to go. He would feel so weak and have the sensation of being torn apart from the inside out as the fair continued. However the next day he’ll be feeling much better and go on with his life as if nothing ever happen. And it continued like that for many years. Later on in his adult years he discovered the sores of his suffering and it was the Cristal Heart. From that moment he vowed that he would destroy the Cristal Heart, however he couldn’t, something inside told him that would be wrong. So he hid it away.

When he was defeated the first time he brought the empire down with him. When he was defeated the second time he was destroyed during the Cristal Fair over fifteen years ago by the Cristal Heart. How ironic?
______________________________________________________________________________

After Sombra finished signing the papers required to leave the infirmary him and Lucina went for a walk around the empire (with Thunder Clap not that far behind). They watched as the Cristal ponies created booths and stands for the up and coming festivities.

Unable to stand the silence Lucina began to ramble. “I can’t wait till the Cristal Fair starts. It’s going to be so much fun. What about you Shadow? Aren’t you excited?”

Looking down at the young filly he answered her question in sarcasm, “ecstatic.”

Knowing fully well that her new friend was using sarcasm Lucina raised an eye brow, “you’re lying Shadow.”

Sombra ruffled her mane, “there is no getting anything pass you. Huh princess?”

Lucina fixed her lavender and sky blue mane back into place, “no there isn’t. Now tell me the truth.”

Sombra looked out into the distance, “I am afraid I won’t be able to attend the fair.”

Lucina was shocked, “what? ..... Why not?”

Sombra continued to look out at the horizon of the Crystal Empire, “I need to return to where I came from. Besides I don’t belong here. I mean look at me I’m not even a Crystal pony.”

Lucina placed her hoof on his shoulder in reassurance, “sure you do Shadow, and what does it matter whether or not you are a crystal pony.” She put her hoof down and smile up at him, “just look at me, I’m not a crystal pony either and neither is my family and we’re happy here. Besides every pony from all over Equestria is coming.”

“Are you really sure princess?” he questioned.

She smiled brightly at him, “definitely… and we’ll have so much fun that we won’t know what to do with ourselves afterwards.”

The clock tower in the middle of the town square rung six o’clock in the afternoon.

Thunder Clap came up to Lucina, “it is time to return to the castle your highness.”

“Oh right,” She said, “Supper would be starting soon.” And with a grand bow she bid Sombra a farewell.

“Will you be alright going back to the castle on your own princess?” Thunder asked “I have some errands to take care of before I continue my guarding shift.”

Lucina nodded her head, “ok, I guess I’ll see you back at the castle then.”

Thunder Clap waited till Princess Lucina was far enough to be out of sight and ear shot, then he turned his attention to Sombra, “you listen to me and listen to me good, stay… away… from… the… princess.”

In a show of boredom Sombra disregarded Thunder Clap’s words, “I should be telling you the same thing soldier.”

Thunder became flustered, but recovered quickly and became cocky, “I know your secret “Shadow” or should I say Sombra.”

Sombra was unfazed, “don’t forget young trainee I know your secret as well.”

Thunder Clap was thrown a back. How did he know? No it can’t be… he’s bluffing… he doesn’t know anything about how I really feel for her highness.

Sombra listened in on the young unicorn guard’s thoughts and could help but laugh to himself. This is what he lived for; make ponies fear the unknown and feed off that fear like a drug.

“What are you laughing at?” Thunder snapped.

Sombra smiled to himself maniacally, “oh it’s nothing of your concern soldier. Believe me.”

With that Thunder Clap just walked away all while muttering under his breath how he doesn’t understand foreign ponies.

Sombra looked around what use to be his empire and plotted, “enjoy all of your happy lives while it last my former subjects, because I am coming back with a vengeance and it will be hell.”