• Published 16th Sep 2015
  • 941 Views, 33 Comments

Sombra Finds True Love - Book Lover 1994



After 1000 year of not knowing true love Sombra finds it in a unicorn filly named Lucina who is the youngest daughter of Princess Cadence and Shining Armor.

  • ...
7
 33
 941

Dinner Talk

Lucina walked through the castle door only to be welcomed back by her big sister Skyla, and they proceeded to do the chant that their mother taught them when they were very little.

“Sun shine

Sun shine

Ladybugs awake

Clap your hooves

And do a little shake!!!!”

When they finished they both broke out into a fit of giggles. Perhaps their giggles were a little too loud because their brother Iron Shield came out of the training room.

“Must you two be so loud?”

They looked at him not sure if they should answer the question or not. They both smiled and Skyla answered his question. “I suppose not. However, what would be the fun in being quiet?”

“Mares.” he said with a huff and walked over to Thunder Clap. “Come on dude, let’s leave my sisters to their stupidity.”

Once Iron and Thunder were out sight Skyla proceeded to ask Lucina why she wasn’t at her princess lessons.

Lucina didn’t even bother to meet her sister’s blue eyes, afraid that they would be shining with disappointment. “I was bored.” She said flatly.

“Just bored.” Skyla put one of her hooves to her forehead and shook it in disappointment. “Luci you know better than that. To skip one of your princess lessons is very irresponsible of you.”

“Your sister is right Lucina. Learning how to become a proper princess is essential for the future of Equestria.” Princess Cadence said as she enter the entry hall.

“Yes mother.” Lucina bowed her head in shame.
Princess Cadance gesture for her children to follow her. “Come along dinner is ready. Skyla go collect your brother and father from the training room please.”

Skyla nodded and went into the training room.
______________________________________________________________________________

Over the royal family dinner Lucina listened to her family talk about their day. It’s the same thing every day. Her mother would go to Canterlot to visit Aunt Twili, her father would train the new guards, Skyla goes to her princess lesson with Princess Celestia, and Iron Shield would be in her father’s lesson for the new guards.
Noticing that his youngest daughter was not being included in the conversation Shining Armor asked her about her day. “So Luci how was your day?”

Lucina wasn’t sure if she should answer the question or not. She was already scolded by her sister and mother for not going to class, she was afraid that her father would be mad too. “Fine.”

Shining Armor was a little skeptical. “Are you sure? Because I can just order Thunder to tell me what you did.”

She let out a sigh and confessed. “I didn’t go to my lessons.”

Surprisingly he wasn’t upset. He suspected something since Thunder Clap didn’t even attend his. “If you didn’t go then what did you do.”

She was happy that he wanted to hear about her adventure. “I went exploring on the outskirts of the empire and played in the snow and I saved a pony’s life.”

Shining Armor cut her off. “You did what?”

Unsure of what she did was a good thing she continued. “Yeah he wasn’t moving and was unresponsive, and the ground began to shake. So Thunder and I brought him to the infirmary.”

Shining Armor glowed with pride that his daughter saved somepony’s life. “That’s my girl, always willing to help others.”

Skyla’s ears perked up. “Oh, so who is this pony?”

Lucina put her hoof to her chin thoughtfully. “I’m not really sure. All I know is that he is not a crystal pony.” She thought back dreamily to the stallion and remembered when he opened his eyes. For some reason his eyes shifted back and forth between ruby red and emerald green and she found it interesting.

Skyla caught her sister’s dreamy stare. “So what’s his name?” she teased.

A little apprehensive she answered. “I think his name was Shadow.”

Skyla raise an eye brow. “Ooh…Shadow how mysterious.”

“Skyla stop teasing your sister.” Cadance scolded. “Luci I’m happy you made a new friend.”

“Thanks mom.” She said with a smile.

For the rest of the dinner the royal family ate in silence.
______________________________________________________________________________

During the royal family dinner Thunder Clap stood guard in the dining room listening to the family’s conversation. All during their talk he didn’t move his eyes off of Lucina. Her purple gaze never failed to catch his attention. Her smile always kept him entranced and her laugh sounded like a bell.

The only other ponies that know of his feelings for her were Shining Armor and Iron Shield. Shining Armor didn’t mind that he felt something for her. After all Lucina did resemble her mother when she was her age. And Iron Shield at first wasn’t very approving of his best friend being in love with his little sister, but he got over it. He still would tease him about his little crush though.

When he caught their conversation about what they did earlier that day he couldn’t help but pay close attention. He noticed Lucina with a dreamy far off gaze. All of a sudden he felt some jealousy boil in the pit of his stomach. He knew that that look on her face was not directed towards him.

He knew that he had to keep his jealousy in check. Once he heard the name of his rival he decided to pay him a visit. But he had to figure out who this mysterious colt was.

After the royal dinner was complete he went to the Crystal Empire library to do a little research on this Shadow character.

He didn’t really find much about him, however he did find a picture that was eerily similar to the stallion in the infirmary.

He read all of the legends and stories about a very dangerous stallion that terrorized the empire many years ago. This threatening creature went by the name King Sombra. He continued to read on and his worries worsen. The creature could control shadows, feed off of other ponies’ fears, and use dark magic.

After all his research was done he went straight for the infirmary.