• Published 27th Sep 2015
  • 2,349 Views, 1 Comments

Equestria Wars: The Magic Unleashed III - sonicdash123



With the Friendship Games under way, Charming Thunder and Danny helps Sunset Shimmer investigate on how her friends pony up randomly.

  • ...
18
 1
 2,349

Chapter 5: Twilight Spies on Charming Thunder

Charming Thunder and Danny were at the library as they discussed the next event they were told about from Celestia. "Twilight sure is smart in this world as well the one at Equestria."

"We are only one point behind," Danny added. "I'm sure that Sunset and the others will win in no time."

"In the meantime, why don't you go to the others. I have things to attend to here in the library." Danny nodded and left the library. Along the way, he heard voices talking in the hallway. He used his ghost powers to turn invisible and spy on what appears to be Twilight and Principal Cinch talking.

"Perhaps you should get to know them after all," Cinch said.

"But I thought you didn't want me to," Twilight said.

"Let's just say I'm covering my bases. Who knows? Perhaps they will reveal to you the secret to Canterlot High's newfound success." Danny couldn't believe what he is hearing. Twilight might spy on his friends or maybe his brother.

"I dunno. Spying feels kind of...wrong."

"Well, it's your decision, Twilight. It's not as if your application hangs in the balance. On second thought, yes, it does." Danny backed away a little and placed a hand on the wall after what he heard.

"She probably made a deal with Cinch," Danny said quietly. "I call it a bribe. This might be important to explain to Charming Thunder later." He then continued his way through the hallway to meet up with Sunset and the others.

---------------------

Charming Thunder was reading a book on history as he sat on a table. Twilight entered the library as he didn't notice and she approaches him a little nervous. "Excuse me, sir," Twilight said a little shyly. "Mind if I talk to you?"

"Yes, Twilight, come closer," Charming Thunder replied as he closed the book. "Have a seat." Twilight smiled and sat down on the chair next to him. "I just want to congratulate you for winning the first round of the Friendship Games. That was impressive work you have done."

"Thanks. I am a smartest student in Crystal Prep after all."

"You know I may not be able to rely on you even if you are not on my team. I am surprised that Principal Cinch chose you to participate."

"Rather continue my research, but its the only thing I have left in order for Principal Cinch to accept my application."

"You must sense what I have come to suspect. Crystal Prep wants to win again and probably prank Canterlot High again." Twilight only sat there and didn't say a word. Charming Thunder only guessed why she was here. "Cinch asked you to spy on me, did she?"

"I-I don't--"

"No. It's okay if you are. The Force is strong with you, Twilight. I can feel it within your blood." Twilight's eyes widened and she fixed her glasses to hide the truth.

"I don't think..."

"Twilight, search your feelings. You know, don't you?"

"I have to admit something to you. The masked man is my mentor and he taught me in the ways of the Force."

"And yet you fail to admit it when I first saw you?"

"I know he doesn't trust you, but...."

"And yet you grow suspicious of something here." Twilight turns to Charming Thunder.

"He relies on his passion for his strength. He thinks inwards, only about himself."

"And you don't?"

"I have become selfless. He only cares about you." The conversation stopped for a moment as Charming Thunder fixed himself in his chair. He then leaned forward on the table and began to change changed the subject.

"Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise?"

Twilight turned to Charming Thunder and replied, "No."

"I thought not. It's a dark legend my brother told me. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life. He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying."

"He could save people from death?"

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

"Well what happened to him then?" Charming Thunder sighed and continued his story.

"He became so powerful. The only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice named Palpatine everything he knew, then he killed him in his sleep." Charming Thunder smiled under his helmet as he continued. "Plagueis never saw it coming. It's ironic that he could save others from death, but not himself." Twilight thought about one thing and asked it to him.

"Is it possible to learn this power?"

"Not from a guardian of the light. It's upsetting to me to see that Crystal Prep does not respect you. They don't trust you, Twilight." Charming Thunder stood up and gestured Twilight to follow him through the library. "They know your power will be too strong to control. You need to let go of your fear and your hate they have created. Let me help you know the subtleties of the Force."

"How do you know the ways of the Force?"

"I have learned it since I first came here to this world. Even the nature of the dark side." Twilight walked ahead and stood in front of Charming Thunder with a little anger in her eyes.

"You know the dark side!?" Charming Thunder sighed and looked away from Twilight for a brief moment. They then began to circle keeping an eye on each other.

"They fear you. In time they will destroy you. Let me help you, but be careful, Twilight. Only through me can you achieve a power greater than anyone. Learn to know the good ways of the Force and you may be able to save your boyfriend from certain death."

"What did you say?"

"Use my knowledge, I beg you." A lightsaber slid out of Twilight's sleeve and ignited her purple blade as Charming Thunder placed his hands up.

"You're the one from the Battle of the Bands. My device could've detected it. Why?"

"I know what's been troubling you for the past few years, Twilight. Just hear me out. Don't continue to be a pawn to Principal Cinch. Ever since I first met you, I sensed a dark future for you. You might break the balance of time and space."

"YOU'RE WRONG!!" Charming Thunder walked past Twilight as she pointed her blade at him. Charming Thunder stopped not looking back at her.

"Are you going to kill me?"

"I would certainly like to."

"I know you would. I can feel your anger. It gives you focus, makes you stronger." Twilight resisted to strike at Charming Thunder so she deactivated her lightsaber and uses the Force to slide it back into her sleeve.

"My boyfriend will hear of this."

"Of course he would. Unless you tell me his name."

"I'd rather not." Twilight walked past Charming Thunder and made her way to exit the library.

"So be it, Twilight."