• Published 27th Sep 2015
  • 2,349 Views, 1 Comments

Equestria Wars: The Magic Unleashed III - sonicdash123



With the Friendship Games under way, Charming Thunder and Danny helps Sunset Shimmer investigate on how her friends pony up randomly.

  • ...
18
 1
 2,349

Chapter 2: Strange Disturbance

Charming Thunder sat on his throne facing the window as he had his eyes closed meditating. He then felt something strange like its a disturbance, but it's not from Equestria. Danny entered the throne room to see Charming Thunder as he meditated. He then opened his eyes as Danny approached to stand next to him. "What is it, brother?"

Charming Thunder sighed and replied, "There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?" Danny closed his eyes then opened them to look at his brother.

"There is a great disturbance in the human world. There may be a new enemy. Someone has interfered with the portal."

"It is not from here this time. I fear for Sunset's danger."

"As do I, Charming. Perhaps we should check the book to see if there are any messages from her."

"What of Twilight?"

"She has to stay here this time. And don't worry about Rainbow. She will be fine with taking care of Sonic." Charming Thunder only responded with a nod and walked with Danny to the library where the book they are looking for is. When they arrive at the library, Charming Thunder levitated the book to him and looked through the book for anything important from Sunset. Some of these were recent lessons to Twilight. When he flipped to the next page he found something that caught his interest. "What is it?"

"Look at this." Charming Thunder showed Danny the note that is written in the book.

Dear King Charming Thunder,

With the Friendship Games coming up, there has been a discovery about Equestrian magic. Somehow my friend Rainbow has ponied up without playing with her instrument. I was hoping if you and your brother could help me with the investigation. There is also something I would like to talk about in person once you arrive. I hope you can make it through the portal since it has been drained.

Your friend,
Sunset Shimmer

Charming Thunder was surprised about the news about Equestrian magic being used without their music instrument. "I have never seen that happen before since the time they first gained that power."

"Shall we get going then." Charming Thunder nodded as he placed the book on top of the portal. The portal then opened and they walked through it to enter the human world.

---------------------

Sunset Shimmer stood in front of the statue as she waited for Charming Thunder and Danny to arrive. Suddenly, the portal opened and the two brothers stepped out. Sunset was happy to see them as she rushed over to hug Charming Thunder. "Thank goodness you arrived on time."

"I am surprised about the news," Charming Thunder said. "At least me and Danny made it safely. Bring me up to speed about what you wanted to talk to us about."

"This may sound crazy, but me and the girls encountered Twilight Sparkle of this world and a man wearing a strange mask. She is Crystal Prep student."

"Crystal Prep?" Danny asked.

"Canterlot High's rival for the Friendship Games."

"Is there anyone else I know who is on their side?" Charming Thunder asked.

"No. I'm sorry if it makes you concerned." Danny looked around as he felt a presence in the air.

"I sense something familiar," Danny said. "Why do I feel cold?"

"I feel it to, brother. Where are principles Celestia and Luna, Sunset?"

"They are at the office. Celestia was concerned about Twilight as well as you were."

"I need to see them. Immediately." Sunset Shimmer nodded and lead them inside the high school.

---------------------

At Principle Celestia's office, Charming Thunder and Danny along with Sunset and her friends were having a discussion about what's going on in Canterlot High and their discoveries. "Crystal Prep students are here at the moment and the Friendship Games are being prepped," Celestia explained.

"And we are sure to win this year," Rainbow added.

"And what of Twilight Sparkle?" Luna asked.

"Fear is clouding her mind around the students of Crystal Prep," Danny replied. "There may be a way for me and Charming Thunder to hide ourselves from her. Since we know that there is a Twilight of this world."

"With your permission, Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna, we would have to wear our armor to cover our identity until the time is right," Charming Thunder said. Celestia and Luna thought this plan over and looked at him then nodded. "And never say our real names when she is around."

"I understand," Celestia said. "Do what you must."

"No need for me to step out," Danny said as his outfit changed to Revan's armor with the mask on.

"You have my armor with you, Rarity?"

"Of course, darling," Rarity replied. "Its outside waiting."

"Good. In the meantime, have the principal of Crystal Prep and her so called prized student meet me back here. I would like to meet her."

"I'll see what I can do," Celestia said as Charming Thunder stepped out of the office.

---------------------

Charming Thunder stood at the window to gaze outside as he wore his armor waiting. The door opened as Twilight and the principal of Crystal Prep entered. He smiled in his helmet as he did not turn to face them yet as he greeted them, "I'm sure that Principal Celestia told you about me before you came here," he said. The breathing that the suit makes gave Twilight the chills as she sat in her chair.

"Indeed she has," the principal said. "You are a friend of hers and you are watching over the games with her and Luna. I am Abacus Cinch, principal of Crystal Prep Academy. And this is--"

"Twilight Sparkle. I assumed that she would be your prized student. I can sense fear in her when it comes to the Friendship Games."

"I assure you that she will do well in the games."

"Of course. Mind leaving me with your student? I would like to have a word with her alone." Principal Cinch only nodded and got up to leave the office. Once Charming Thunder and Twilight were alone in the room, he turned to face her and slowly walk up to her. "I assume that the Friendship Games is not the reason you are here is it?"

"I, uh, I don't know what you mean, sir," Twilight said nervously. Charming Thunder sensed a lie and decided to play along.

"I expect great things for you, my dear. Even if you are focused on something way more important." Charming Thunder then walked behind Twilight as he wanted to find out something important. "I hear that there is a masked man here as well. Know anything about him?"

"I, er, have heard of him, but do not know his name."

"You also might be aware of a friend of mine who will also oversee the Friendship Games." Charming Thunder snapped his gloved fingers and Danny walked out to meet Twilight. "I assure you that we won't cause trouble during the games. Am I right?"

"Of course," Danny replied.

"You may go, Twilight. I wish you luck."

"Thank you," Twilight replied. "It was nice meeting you." After Twilight left the room, Charming Thunder and Danny sat down on a chair and thought things over.

"She's probably lying, brother."

"Then we must keep an eye on her then. Whatever she is after, she must not know anything about our true identities and the Equestrian Magic that is here."

"That's not the only thing. The force was strong in her. I could feel it in her blood."

"How is that possible?"

"Search your feelings, Charming. You will know it to be true." Charming Thunder stood up and gazed at his brother. He then crossed his arms with concern.

---------------------

Twilight walked through the halls of Canterlot High as she made her way back to the rest of the students of her school. She then stopped and said, "I know you're here, love." Out of the shadows, a figure wearing a robe and mask under his hood. On his belt was a cross guard lightsaber.

"Any trouble while you were with Miss Cinch?" the masked man asked with concern.

"Nothing at all except that armored man giving me the chills. I did sense darkness in him and sadness."

"I don't trust that man." Twilight placed her hand on the man's mask as she reassured him.

"Don't worry, my love. I may be nervous around other students of Crystal Prep, but I am sure that the source is here."

"I hope you are right."

"I hope so as well, my love."

"And what of the deal you made with Principal Cinch?"

"I'm sure I'll do well in the Friendship Games."

"I'll be here for you if you need me. I sensed a disturbance in the Force as we arrived here. Now come. We must get to the others." Twilight wrapped an arm around the masked man's arm and walked together to check in with the students.