• Published 29th May 2012
  • 680 Views, 8 Comments

The First Equestrian Games. - S. K. RyDer



Six males. Six females. Six cities. One victor.

  • ...
8
 8
 680

Chapter 3: Rules are Rules

A white Unicorn trotted to the newly-added room. Her saddlebags bulged thanks to the fact that they were holding far more clothing than they usually did.

She raised a hoof to knock, “Come in Rare.”

Rarity shrugged, pushing the door open. “I have the uniforms Fawkes.”

Skorpeon turned around, “Thank you Rarity.” He took the packages from her, “I appreciate it.”

Rarity smiled, “Always happy to help.”

The fox pulled a uniform from the box marked “Pegasi”, “Spandex-polycarbonate?”

Rarity nodded, “This way, even the buffest stallion or the smallest mare can wear them with comfort and ease.”

Skorpeon set the jumpsuit back in the box. “Did you hear who all was chosen?”

Rarity shook her head, “Just those in Ponyville.”

He sat down, heaving a massive sigh, “Luna and I are to compete. I think even three of the Wonderbolts are in.”

Rarity’s purple mane bobbed, “Fluttershy is Ponyville’s female Pegasus.”

Somepony was knocking at the door, “Your Highness?”

Skorpeon leapt from his chair, landing on all fours. He shook his head, and then tapped something on his wrist.

The door opened, “Princess Luna would like to see you for a moment.”

FoxTrot trotted from the room, “Thank you, Commander.”

Rarity grabbed the boxes in her aura, “Where should I put these?”

FoxTrot turned back to the seamstress, “Put them on the table. Smiles will get them.”




“This is how the games will work!” Princesses Celestia and Cadance stood at the top of the Royal Guard’s armory range, “Thirty-six of you will enter the arena.”

FoxTrot trotted to Fluttershy, “You okay Flutters?”

She nodded, “Yes, I’m okay.”

“You sure? I can see you shaking from the other side of the room.”

“What’s the point of these games?” Fluttershy nuzzled into his shoulder, “I mean, yeah, they’re for deciding who is a victor because of a threat with Grydon, and the victor will lead a force against them, but why us? What are the games going to be?”

FoxTrot nodded to Celestia, “They’ll pitch the plan to us in a moment.”

“… and careful planning, among other things, will decide you fate in The Games. You MUST listen to your mentors. What they say will ensure your survival.”

A slight murmur broke out. Survival?

Cadance looked around, “Yes, you see, the only way we can get through this is if you can survive. Not only will you need to survive the elements, but you also need to survive your fellow tributes.”

More murmuring.

“You see, the Equestrian Games will be a test.” Candace looked at the mass, “to see who can kill without fear, and without being killed himself.”

Fluttershy’s eyes popped from her head. Three Pegasi turned a sickly shade of green. Mares swayed.

“And if we don’t?” A young mare, about a foot to the shoulder, tried to make eye contact with a Royal Member.

“And if you don’t survive? Well, I think that’s called ‘death’.”

“But it’s all for show, right?” A white Pegasus with brown hair spoke out, “I mean, we’re not REALLY going to die, right?”

FoxTrot leapt onto the stage, “Even I have a chance of dying in the arena. No, this will be real killing with real weapons and real blood. If you feel faint, don’t want to kill, or have problems with blood, then too late. You’ve been assigned a position. Take it or take it. Your choice.”

“And if we don’t?” A tan Pegasus with auburn-brown hair, “If we don’t want to take it?”

“What’s your name, ma’am?”

“Wild Fire, your highness.”

“Well, Wild Fire, if you REALLY want to put it that way, you can die in the arena, or you can shame all of Equestria if we don’t kill you now.” He shook his hoof, a silver blade erupting from a device on his foreleg.

All backed up in fear. FoxTrot held his hooves up, “But, hey, if it will make you feel better, I was chosen for this too. You can kill me in the arena, probably easier than you can kill lanky over there.” He gestured to the white Pegasus that spoke out earlier.

“Any way, enough talk.” Celestia opened a door, revealing six people, “Here are your mentors. As I said, you are to listen to everything they have to say. For it may be the last advice that you’ll ever receive.”