• Published 29th May 2012
  • 680 Views, 8 Comments

The First Equestrian Games. - S. K. RyDer



Six males. Six females. Six cities. One victor.

  • ...
8
 8
 680

Chapter 2: Choosing of the Tributes C: Las Pegasus and Fillydelphia

Las Pegasus’ atrium was packed with mares, stallions, and fillies of every race. A few Gryphons peppered the stands, all eager to see who would be chosen.

A pale yellow mare was sitting in a wheelchair at the center, “Thank you, Las Pegasus, for being here tonight. As I call you names, anypony can volunteer in place of the pony drawn. One volunteer per pony.

“First off: Soothsayer!”

“Yeah, go Gruel!” A buffed out stallion trotted to the front, his red eyes gleaming with excitement.

“Wild Fire!”

A beige mare flew to the front, her dark brown mane flowing in the breeze of her fluttering. A huge grin plastered hers, as well as her counterpart’s, face.

“Forrest and Scarlet Worker!” She shrugged, tossing the double name off.

The two made their way through the crowd, their identical red coats flashing about.

“Fortescue!”

A grey balding Unicorn slowly made his way forward. When his glasses fell from his face, he immediately dropped to the ground, groping for them.

“Erm. Okay. Now, Myriad!”

A blue Unicorn smiled, flicking her teal mane away from her face. She trotted past the old Unicorn still fumbling about, and placed a hoof on the stairs.

“Wait!”

Everypony looked to the teenaged Unicorn with the composure of Royalty. “Myriad, if you don’t mind, I would take your place.”

Relief flashed on the first Unicorn’s face as the white one trotted forward at a pace fast enough to cause her brown mane to trail behind her. Again, like royalty.

“Okay. We have our six tributes!” Evergreen took a look at the elderly stallion, finally making it on the stage. Poor guy.



Faust stood over her city, a small smile forming on her lips.

“Happy Equestrian Games!” She said, her bubbly voice carrying over without need of the microphone. “And may the odds EVER be in your favor!
“It is an HONOR, to be here in your fair city and placate six tributes to join us in the first Equestrian games. As I said to Prince FoxTrot when he chose me to become a Mentor to--”

“Get on with it!” Somepony yelled at the Unicorn, impatient to hear who was to play.

“Oh. Okay.” She took a breath, “Well, from the Female Earth Ponies.” A golden aura filled the bowl as she shook it, then the bowl glowed, a single piece of paper flying to the table. She did the same to the others, calling out the sex and race of the bowl.

“Here I have the names of your six tributes!” she said, “Three male, three female. Two Earthen, two--”

“Just read the bucking names!”

“Lightning Rain, Nimbus Flight, Luminosa, Hairspray, Mordrid, and Pot Throw!”

Seven ponies stood, one getting aggressively shoved down by his elder brother. “They say TRIBUTES. Not runts.”

They trotted as one to the front, Star Gazer shooting a look at a crying filly