• Published 29th May 2012
  • 680 Views, 8 Comments

The First Equestrian Games. - S. K. RyDer



Six males. Six females. Six cities. One victor.

  • ...
8
 8
 680

Chapter 2: Choosing of the Tributes A: Canterlot and Ponyville

In the thriving city of Canterlot, the five Royal Members, the Minotaur, and a whole mess of citizens were gathered around six massive glass bowls.

“Alright!” Haypitch’s dark brown fur waved in the wind, “The names I am about to draw out are the names going into the Equestrian Games. If you feel the name not drawn is adequate, you are more than welcome to volunteer in their place. One volunteer per sex and race please.

“First off, in the Males.” He dug around the bowl marked with a Unicorn horn etched into it “We have,” He unfolded the small scrap of paper, “Shining Armor!”

The Captain of the Royal Guard gave a quick kiss to his wife before he trotted to the point where the Minotaur was pointing. “Congratulations, My Liege.”

Shining armor nodded, head snapping forward.

“Earthen Ponies!” He reached into the bowl, stirring around for about a minute before, “Mandarin Orange!”

An orange stallion stood, his silver monocle slipping from his face. He shook his head, and then trotted next to Shining Armor.

“For Pegasi.” The dark brown hand dug around the white specks of paper, “It’s going to be.” His eyes scrunched as he tried to read the hoof writing. “Prince FoxTrot!”

The prince’s black face paled for a moment as he trotted to the front of the podium, taking place next to his brother.

“Now, female.” Haypitch tipped the bowl, trying to mix them up, “Fleur-de-lis!”

A white Unicorn who almost looked like another Royal Member in proportion and grace trotted to the front of the crowd.

Haypitch welcomed her, “Now the Earthen.” He dug around, unfolding the paper that read, “Minuette!”

A Maya-blue Earth Pony trotted to the front, standing next to the four others that had their names drawn.

“And finally.” The dark brown hand reached into the final bowl. “Female Pegasi.” He stirred, everypony’s breath catching in their throats.

“Princess Mi Amore Cadenza!”

“NO!” Luna leapt from her stand, “No! We refuse to let Cadance into that arena!”

“Her name’s been drawn Moony.” Foxtrot looked at her, “It’s the rules.”

“Then we’ll take her place.” Her violet eyes glowed at her brother, “No sister of ours will go into any games like these!”

Haypitch shrugged, “Then Princess Luna is our female Pegasus tribute.”

Luna glared at FoxTrot, “We will never forgive you for this, FoxTrot.”

The Prince of Shadows hung his head.




“ Alright!” A silver Minotaur was perched on a similar stage, “Everypony will remain quiet until I call out the last tribute’s name! When I call your name, stand up here!”

Iron Will reached into the bowl with a horn,

“Male Earth Pony: Doctor Whooves!”

“Yeah!”

“Female Earth Pony: Bon Bon!”

“Alright!”

“Male Unicorn: Noteworthy!”

“Whoo!”

“Female Unicorn: Octavia!”

“Yes!”

“Male Pegasus: Bumble Bee!”

“Yeeeaaahh!”

“Female Pegasus: Fluttershy!”

“Oh no.”

As the six tributes trotted to the podium, they flashed their appearance off.

A chestnut stallion with an hourglass adorning his flank, a blue-and-pink maned mare with pale yellow with three candies, a navy blue stallion with two notes, a grey mare with a g-clef, a white Pegasus with a dumbbell, and a yellow Pegasus with three butterflies, hiding behind her own mane.

“Let’s hear it for our contestants!”