• Published 28th Aug 2015
  • 1,873 Views, 15 Comments

Markiplier's Crazy Adventures in Equestria - Trevor12300



After the defeat of Tirek, Mark embarks on crazy and hilarious adventures in Equestria.

  • ...
23
 15
 1,873

Chapter 8: A Visit To Ponyville and Meeting Up With Spike

Looking in front of me, I could see the castle only a little more ways away. As I near the castle I start to worry of how Tim will react to me being gone for almost half a day, hopefully he's not too mad. After thinking about something I turn right and start heading towards Ponyville, I decide that I might as well get some treats from Sugar Cube Corner, both because I am hungry and I want to make up being gone so long to Tim.

My leg was still a little sore from the process of my bones being all of a sudden mended back together. Although it's a far cry better from having to wear a cast or something on my leg for the rest of my life.

Landing on the dirt road leading into Ponyville, I land a little hard on my still sore leg, which causes me to stumble. Windmilling my arms, trying to grab onto anything, I try and regain my balance before my face can have a close up meeting with the dirt road, luckily it seems the universe wasn't totally against me today. Grabbing onto the conveniently placed sign-post, I regain my footing and keep most of my weight off my still sore leg. 'That was a close one' I think to myself as I try and catch my breath from that sudden workout.

I look around trying to see if anypony saw what just happened, but luckily, it seemed that everypony was still going on about their business. I guess a human failing while trying to land is one of the least weirdest things to happen around here.

Figuring that I probably shouldn't be dilly dallying, so I turn around and start to make my way towards Sugar Cube Corner, not noticing the little purple dragon in front of me until it was too late.

"Oomf!" Is what I heard after something bumped into my legs, I look down and see Spike, who I'm guessing was the one who bumped into my legs, on the ground rubbing his head, with groceries spilled all over the ground. "Hey! who put this wall here...Oh! Mark, it's you," He says still in a daze, until noticing that that wall he ran into was me. "What are you doing here, I thought you will still be in Canterlot?," He says in puzzlement.

"Spike!, sorry about walking into you," I say as I stoop down to help him gather up the groceries he spilled. "I guess I didn't see you there with you being all...well you know," I say rubbing the back of my head nervously. Luckily it seems Spike isn't offended that easily because he just laughs it off.

"I'm the one who should be sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going," he says picking up his now picked up bag of groceries. "I mean I should have noticed you, considering how tall you are compared to me and other ponies," He finishes dusting himself off.

Now it was my turn to laugh, "Really because where I come from I'm considered short for my age," I say laughing at the prospect that someone considered me to actually be tall.

"Really?, You're short from where you come from, man, I'd like to see how tall an average human is," He says in amazement. "Not trying to be rude or anything but you never answered my earlier question, what are you doing here, not that i'm not happy to see you, its just," he says until i cut him off.

"It's no problem really, I was actually leaving from Zecora's hut when i decided to stop at Sugar Cube Corner," I say. "I decided that since I had been gone all night, that I would try and make it up to Tim for being gone so long by buying some treats, plus I'm also a little hungry for something sweet also," I say.

"Wait, why were you at Zecora's and more importantly what happened to make you be gone all night?" he asks still puzzled.

"Didn't Twilight tell you about what happened?" I ask wondering why Twilight hadn't told Spike about what happened. Shaking his head no, I tell him about what had happened to me, and how I had gotten to Zecora's hut. "and that's pretty much what all happened," I finish as I look at my till sore leg.

"Man, that must have sucked, sorry to hear about what happened Mark, and Twilight probably wasn't able to tell me this morning because I was out running errands all morning," he says holding up the grocery list. "and did you say you were going to Sugar Cube Corner, because that's actually the last place I need to go today," he says smiling at me. "Since we're both going to the same place maybe I could join you," he says adjusting the groceries in his grip.

"That's sounds like a great Idea," I say and smile at him. As him and me start making our way to Sugar Cube Corner, neither of us noticing the foreboding storm clouds heading towards Ponyville behind us.

As we continue our way to Sugar Cube Corner, I feel something wet land on my shoulder, then another, and another, until I realize that it is starting to rain, me and Spike look at eachother and nod, running the rest of the way towards Sugar Cube Corner so we can get out of the rain, I spot the aforementioned building in front of me.

Sprinting the rest of the way up to the entrance with our arms over our heads we make it inside just as it starts to pour cats and dogs. I look out the window to see Ponies having the same idea as us, running into their houses or any restaurant or shop open they can find.

I start running my hands through my hair trying to get the water out of it, while Spike just shakes himself like a dog, the water flying off of his scales and landing on me, getting me even more wet.

I look at him with a slight glare and he gives me a sheepish look. Wringing my hair out again, I start to look around and see a few dozen or so other ponies waiting in line to order or sitting at a table or booth.

Spike and I walk up to the end of the line and wait there. "So how long do you think the Weather ponies were planning this storm for?" I ask as I look down at him seeing him digging around some money.

He sighs in ax-aspiration and hangs his head. "What's wrong?" I ask as he gives me a sad look.

"I think I forgot my bit bag at the last store I was at," he says now with a frown. "hopefully it will still be their when I go back," he says.

I look at his defeated look and decide on something. "What did you need to get from here?" I ask, as he looks at me with a questioning look.

"Why?" he asks me.

"Because I can buy whatever you need so you don't have to go back outside into the rain, to got a bag of bits, that might or might not have already been stolen," I say taking out my bag of bits and shaking the bag, sounds of a bunch of coins jingling around inside. "It's no problem really, I have more bits than I know what to do with," I say.

"Really, are you are you sure, Mark?" he asks in an unsure voice. "It is your money and I'd feel bad...," he says until I cut him off.

"That's what friends are for," I say as I smile at him.

"Thanks Mark, and to be honest I was not really looking forward to going out in the rain either," he says, then tells me what it is he needed to get, writing the list down in my mind.

A few minutes later we are up at the counter, and the first pony I see is Mrs. Cake. "Oh! hello Mark,hello Spike," she says with a smile. "What can I get you two dearies today?" she asks keeping the smile.

After telling her everything we needed, I gave her the right amount of bits and go sit down at one of the empty tables, Spike following me and sitting down next to me. "I hope it doesn't rain for too long, I don't want to delay getting to Canterlot more than I have to, Not that I hate it here, I'm just worried about Tim," I say eating one of the chocolate donuts I bought.

"Yeah, and I need to get back to the library and put all this stuff away," Spike says, eating a glazed donut with what I think is gems on it.

I nod and look out the window to see the rain still going as hard as ever, however I did not see the tall shadowy figure staring at me from a dark alley from across the street, nor the red glowing eyes it had.

Author's Note:

Sorry it's been so long since my last update, I've been busy with School and stuff. I don't know how long it will be until the next update happens, but hopefully it won't be as long. So I hope you enjoyed chapter 8, any criticism is welcome. Thanks again and see you in the next chapter.