• Published 27th May 2012
  • 820 Views, 13 Comments

A Daughter's love - AlbinoEquine



What happens when Chrysalis and discord team up? this happens (or will happen)

  • ...
 13
 820

Controlled Chaos

A daughter's love

Chapter 3: Controlled Chaos.

Chrysalis looked at Screwball prance around the statue of discord. A worried expression on her face. She was having trouble coming up with a good way to break the spirits of the main six and unleash Discord. As she looked at the statue before her, she tried to imagine exactly how powerful Discord was. What kind of personality did he possess? Was he cunning? resourceful? She didn't know but couldn't wait to find out.
"Have you come up with a plan to break the elements of harmony's hold over your 'Daddy Discord'".

Chrysalis said with a sour taste in her mouth. How that creature could have a pony daughter was beyond her. She wandered how much of a father he was to her. Certainly better than her father ever was.....her.....father.......

Chrysalis thought back to when she was a young changeling living with her father in the castle in tuataras. Her father was never around for her and would shun his only daughter for other pursuits. Her mother wasn't in good shape to take care of her, so she pretty much grew up herself alone with no one to care about her. She may be a changeling and devour other's love but that didn't mean changelings can't show love to one another. When you show a changeling love it doesn't affect them, you don't steal their energy. Changelings are just like other creatures; they love, they cry, they show compassion when the opportunity arises. But her father never showed her any love, any compassion, all he showed her was his hatred of her, never a kind word, never a smile, never anything at all. Her father was ruthless; when he lost a battle he would come home and use her as a punching bag. Her father was also ruthless on the battle field. She had heard stories from the drones about his brutality, how he ripped a mother's arm off and told her children to eat it right in front of her then after the arm, eat her alive. That was brutal. Chrysalis remembered the look of the children as they ate the mother’s arm in front of her, through tears they were apologizing and saying they loved her. Chrysalis begged her father to let them stop doing it but he just pushed her aside and continued to look on the scene with glee and excitement. Her father started to laugh, Chrysalis looked on frightened. Suddenly, the ground beneath her melted away and she found herself in complete darkness. She started falling into the darkness as her father’s laugh haunted her all the way through.
“WAKE UP!!!!”
“Huh? What happened? “ Chrysalis asked confused.
“You fell asleep, bug-lady! This is no time for sleeping! We must free my daddy from that statue!!”
“Ok, ok, calm down. And just how do you suppose we do that, little one?”. Chrysalis said with a bored look in her eyes.

“Hmm, do you know anypony we can use to get at the elements of harmony?” Screwball asked while she walked back and forth. “We need someone whose trusting of others, someone close to one of them, like a sister, or one of their friends……”

Suddenly, Chrysalis thought back to when she saw Applebloom playing with that weird Zebra outside her (the Zebra’s) cottage. Applebloom was pretty trusting of new ponies so she could be easy to manipulate.
“I know just the one we can use.”
End of chapter 3