• Published 27th May 2012
  • 2,999 Views, 36 Comments

Metamorphosis - Eneha



Queen Chrysalis will stop at nothing to exact vengeance upon the ponies that foiled her plans.

  • ...
2
 36
 2,999

Introduction

She awoke dazed and confused, the world around her veiled in darkness. Green sparks of magic crackled through her crooked horn as her eyes adjusted to her pitch black surroundings; the memories of the wedding slowly crept back into her mind.

That’s right—the little brat ruined everything for Chrysalis. If it weren’t for her, that pathetic princess would still be rotting in the cavern and the Changelings would be feasting on Canterlot. At the thought of the princess—Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, a voice echoed bitterly in the back of Chrysalis’ mind—the magic surged and erupted, illuminating the area to reveal several crashed Changelings littering the ground. From the looks of it, they had been blasted all the way to a forest, most likely the dark Everfree Forest, a place Chrysalis had learned to call home.

Huffing, failing to regain control of her temper, she screamed out to her minions. “Changelings! To me!”

Slowly, the small beasts gathered and dusted themselves off. As dozens of them slowly assembled around their Queen, she noticed several of them appeared injured. And although she couldn’t be bothered to know all of her Changelings individually, she grimaced as she realized there were far less appearing than there should be.

“My pets…” she cried, her rage subsiding as the green illumination encompassing her form dimmed and phased out entirely, leaving just the moon’s pale glow to light the area. At the thought of her lost Changelings and lost efforts, her heart ached and she soon felt the familiar lightheadedness of the energy drain. She had wasted far too much of the supply Shining Armor had given her in her battle with Celestia, and the anguish she felt now only expedited the draining process. The feast could have lasted them for years if all had gone according to plan, but instead, it was looking more likely that the Changelings would starve and wither away to nothing… because she failed to save them. Undoubtedly, the Changelings had begun thinking similar thoughts and it reflected across many of their faces; however, they would follow their Queen until the end. It was their way.

“We will eat soon,” she promised, trying to inspire faith. “Just hold out a while more, my darlings, and we will rule all of Equestria. ..Everyone and everything shall acknowledge me as their Queen, and no Changeling shall ever go hungry again. Let us regroup—replan—and, for the meanwhile, pay a visit to the nearest town. It’s snack time.”