• Published 27th May 2012
  • 817 Views, 3 Comments

Moon Time - flutterspin



Nightmare Moon walks again in the land of Equestria. What has happened and can it be reversed?

  • ...
 3
 817

Breaking Point

Rainbow Dash steered us to a small house down the hill. She walked up to the front door and knocked.

A pony from inside asked, "What's the password?"

Raindow Dash responded, "Cranky Doodle Donkey."

The door opened, and we entered inside.

Another pony further inside the house asked, "Is that you again, Toola Roola?"

The pony that opened the door replied, "It is just Rainbow Dash. It appears she brought along some friends."

Inside the house were two rooms. One room was completely surrounded with paintings. The paintings were either hung up, laid on easels, or leaned up against the wall. In the next room, there was a couch and a table with chairs.

Beside the couch was a pony admiring a painting. "Oh Twilight Sparkle. How can you keep on living the way you do? Someday I will find a way to rescue you out from that tower of yours, my fair princess."

Rainbow Dash said, "Hey, Wrek."

Wrek took in a deep breath. "Yes, RD? What is it this time?"

"We need to ask you something."

Wrek turned around and was taken back by the number of visitors inside his home. Wrek looked directly at Fluttershy and smiled.

"Nice to see you again, my dear Fluttershy. May you allow me the privilege in drawing your sweet face once more?"

Fluttershy blushed. "That is quite alright, Wrek. We actually came here-"

Wrek looked at me and interrupted, "Well, if it isn't Moonlight Sonata. I owe a pony an apology. It appears the sun will indeed rise once again."

Applejack asked, "You know Moonlight?"

"My dear mare, I don't think there is a pony in all of Ponyville that hasn't heard of Moonlight."

Rainbow Dash intruded, "Wrek, Moonlight knows about the Elements of Harmony."

"I see. It is just as the pony predicted."

Rainbow Dash asked, "What pony?"

Wrek laid down on his couch. "A couple hours ago, I was surprised by a pony at my door. My colleague dismissed his plea to enter when he didn't provide the right password. Instead of leaving, the pony insisted in speaking with me. There was something about him that persuaded me to accept his request."

Applejack asked, "Who was it?"

"I do not recall. Did we ever catch his name, SB?"

His colleague responded, "I don't remember."

"In any case, I invited the pony in for some tea. He liked that very much. We had a very nice discussion about the recent events in Equestria. He seemed eager to hear about Nightmare Moon and continued telling me about the Elements of Harmony."

Rainbow dash asked, "What else did he say?"

"The next thing he told me was very interesting. He said he was looking for you specifically, Moonlight."

I asked, "What did he want with me?"

He slid off the couch and wandered over to a small bag by the table. He pulled out a scroll and handed it to me.

"He merely told me to give you this letter if you ever arrived."

As I unrolled the scroll, Pinkie Pie asked, "What does it say?"

Dear Moonlight Sonata,

If you are reading this, then you too have found things out of place. The original timeline, that you and I know, has been altered. I know how to fix the problem, but I will need your assistance. From what I have gathered, Nightmare Moon was never stopped by the Elements of Harmony. We must correct this.

I have come by the knowledge of the existance of a time scroll that allows a unicorn to travel to the past. You must find this scroll and use it. Please be aware that when you use the scroll, you will be sent back within the altered timeline. That is why it is crucial for you to transport yourself to the right moment in time. Do not be afraid if all of this seems impossible. Nothing is impossible. You are living proof.

A blast from the past,

A friend

P.S. If you somehow encounter me in the past, remind me never to eat pears. I hate pears.

"Altered timeline?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Time scroll?" Applejack asked.

"Quantum Physics?" Pinkie Pie asked.

I placed my hoof on my chin. "I recall hearing about a time scroll inside the Starswirl the Bearded wing."

Rainbow Dash asked, "How do you know that?"

"Twilight Sparkle told me."

"The egghead that stays in the Canterlot library?"

"That would be her."

There was a knock at the door.

SB asked, "What is the password?"

The pony from outside said, "I don't remember."

RD walked over to the door and said, "Let me try. What's the password, Rarity?"

"Rainbow Dash, let me in! You know it's me!"

"Not until you say the password."

Wrek said, "That's enough RD. Let her in."

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and opened the door for Rarity.

"Thank you," Rarity said, "Oh my, I wasn't expecting there to be so many ponies."

Wrek bowed. "You are always welcome here, Rarity. Today has been an eventful day."

Rarity nodded. "Nice to see you again, Wrek."

"Likewise."

Pinkie Pie asked, "Hey, aren't you that blacksmith in the Hearth and Home?"

Rarity responded "Whitesmith, darling."

"What are you doing here?" I asked Rarity.

Rarity went to the couch and sat down. "I have been searching high and low for you, Moonlight. I went to take out the trash when I noticed your chariot still sitting in my front lawn. The poor pegasi must have been out there for hours. But don't you worry, Spike is taking good care of them."

"How did you find me?"

"When you never returned, I left in search for you. Fleetfoot told me that you were with Rainbow Dash at Fluttershy's cottage. When I arrived, Scootaloo directed me here. What are you all doing here anyways?"

I answered, "I'm trying to find answers."

Rarity asked, "Care to expound?"

Pinkie Pie interrupted, "Hey look, your horn!"

"My horn?"

Rarity said, "Your horn is glowing, darling."

Once again, my magic took control of my sight. The room faded away and the night sky was the only thing I could see. One of the stars glowed and gave me sight of a small painting. As I walked closer, my vision returned to normal. The source of the light came from beside the couch. There were four different paintings leaning up against the wall. I pushed aside three and picked up the last one.

"It's her."

"Her who?" Pinkie Pie asked.

Wrek glanced over my shoulder and looked at the painting. "Aw yes. That one. Your friend seemed to like that one too."

"When did you draw this one?"

Wrek grabbed the painting out of my hooves. "This one? Let me see. It must have been about a year ago. It's an interesting tale. I awoke one night hearing a pegasus cry from the corner of the room. I asked her some questions, but she didn't answer me. I guided her over to my couch and made some tea. When I returned, she had fallen asleep. I placed the tea on the table, grabbed a canvas, and started drawing. Before I could put on the final touches, she disappeared without a trace."

"She must be the one behind all of this."

Rainbow Dash asked, "What are you thinking?"

"I need to get back to Canterlot and I'm taking all of you with me."

Rainbow Dash asked, "Why? What are you going to do?"

I replied, "As much as I would like to return by myself, I'll be needing some assistance. The pegasus I keep running into might be behind the alteration, but I feel like there is more behind the scenes I don't yet know about."

Applejack said, "If you need our help, then count me in."

Rainbow Dash said, "Count me in."

I said, "If you are coming, make sure you remove your outfit, Rainbow Dash."

"But I love this outfit!"

Wrek said, "You can place it over on the table until you return."

Rainbow Dash pulled off her Shadowbolt uniform and laid it on the table.

Rarity nodded with the other ponies. "I think we can all agree on coming with you, Moonlight, but what is the plan in getting us in? We all can't fit on your chariot and the guards won't let just any pony on the train."

Rainbow Dash said, "Even if we were able to pass over the gates, we wouldn't be able to sneak past the guards."

Pinkie Pie asked, "How 'bout I use my party cannon?"

I said, "Actually, I already have a plan. Follow me and I'll explain on the way."

* * *

"Halt! Who goes there?" a guard asked at the train station.

"Is there something the matter? I asked.

"Moonlight Sonata? What are you doing here at the train station? Weren't you provided a chariot?"

"I am taking in some prisoners. If you could, send some pony to retrieve the pegasi in front of the Hearth and Home. I will no longer be needing their services."

The guard replied, "Yes sir."

The guard allowed us to pass onto the train. The train pulled away from the station and made its way to Canterlot.

I said, "We should take this time to rest. It has been a long night."