• Published 27th May 2012
  • 829 Views, 4 Comments

With the Shadow of Lightning - oneupthextraman



A new colt in Rarity's life. But who is he?

  • ...
3
 4
 829

Chapter 16

Chapter 16;

Rarity was indeed generous. So generous that she insisted that Lightning say with her for making up for almost poisoning him. Lightning tried to reject, but then Cadence ordered that he stay with her. Lightning protested, saying that she was royalty just like him, and could not order him to do such things. Cadence pointed out that she was married, and thus higher up the chain of royalty than him. Lightning was not sure about this, but decided that being thrown into the stockade for not spending time with Rarity would look stupid on his resume.

Later on…..Back at Rarity’s house.

Prince Lightning was sitting at the main kitchen table reading off of his tablet, when he heard a loud gargling sound. The sound confused the prince, but after a few moments, went back to the internet. A few seconds later, the sound came back. Lightning became more confused at this weird sound. Then it came again, but this time, was louder, and closer. The prince started to become concerned about this odd sound.

A fourth sound emitted from right behind him. This caused Lightning to fly into full ‘ninja’ mode, and jumped up to the rafters, and examine the form below him. It was Rarity, wrapped up in a blanket, looking rather sick. Rarity looked up to see the prince on the celling.

Rarity asked in a raspy voice, “What are you doing up there?” She coughed lightly.

Lightning let go of the celling, and fell to the floor with a light thud, but then stood back up. “You’re sick!”

Rarity tried to smile. “Yeah, it’s hard to be beautiful when you can’t breathe through your nose.”

Lightning stood closer, and used his hoof to raise Rarity’s face, so he could look into her eyes. “You will always be a beautiful mare.” There was a slight pause, and Rarity sneezed into Lightning’s face. Rarity wore a sheepish smile while Lightning got a Kleenex from the table nearby to wipe his face down. “I stand by my comment.”

Rarity walked over to the refrigerator. “Here, let me make you breakfast.” She coughed.

Lightning walked up besides Rarity ,and pushed her aside. “No. You are sick, you need your rest.”

“But I am the element of generosity! I need to be GENEROUS and make you breakfast!”

Lightning did his best ‘the stare’ and imposed his will upon Rarity. “No. You are going to march up to bed, and you are going to lay there until you feel better, and I will be GENEROUS to you, and YOU will feel better. Understood.?”

Rarity had never saw this side of the prince before, and she rather liked it. After two seconds of his glare, Rarity blushed and quietly said, “ok.” And then started to make her way back to her bed.

When Rarity left the room, Lightning opened the refrigerator, and saw they had plenty of orange juice. He poured himself a tall glass, and then poured Rarity a tall glass, and started making her some leek soup. While the microwave was humming, a thought entered the prince’s mind; was rarity blushing before she went back upstairs? Was it because she was sick, or was it because he was being so strong, and commanding. Then another thought entered his mind; as Phillip Colt-Franco used to say, Mares be crazy.

The soup finished, and Lightning placed the orange juice, and soup on a try, picked it up, and started taking it to Rarity. He knocked at the door, and let himself in. Rarity was not in her bed. Lighting put down the tray, and started searching for her. The first place to look was her studio.

Rarity was there, with her blanket over her head, slowly moving around the room, slowly hovering things around. Lightning slowly approached Rarity from behind, being careful not to make a sound. He then stood on the edge of her blanket. Rarity went to move away, but the blanket did not move. Rarity pulled, but it did not budge. It took a surprisingly long time for her to figure out she was not moving. Rarity turned around to see what she was stuck on.
When she realized that it was Lightning, she smiled a sheepish smile. “I just wanted to get a little work done.”

Lightning was having none of this. He used his magic, bundled Rarity up with her blanket, and levitated her to her room, where she was placed under the covers, and tucked in tightly. Lightning leaned in close to Rarity’s face. “If I catch you out of bed for anything besides a fire, or going to the bathroom, I’m going to have to do something very serious.” Lightning gloomed at Rarity.

Rarity stuck her tongue out, and snuggled under the covers. Lightning smiled. He then levitated the tray of soup and OJ to Rarity. “I made you some soup and found some OJ.” Rarity moved the covers away from her face. Over the next 10 minutes, Lightning fed Rarity the soup. When they were finished, Lightning levitated the OJ to Rarity who took it in her hooves, but looked at it for a few seconds.

Rarity asked, “Now, you didn’t spike this or anything, did you?”

Lightning laughed. “No, no I did not Rarity.” He paused, and Rarity started drinking the drink. “Twilight did.” Rarity stopped drinking, and had a look of concern on her face. “No, I’m just messing with you again. Twilight did not put anything in your drink.” Again he paused, and Rarity continued drinking. “Pinkie Pie did.” Rarity finished drinking the orange juice, and looked into the glass.

Rarity asked, “Really?”

Lightning leaned in, and whispered in Rarity’s ear, “You’ll know when it kicks in.” He then backed away, and took the tray, bowl, and cup away to the kitchen for him to clean. Rarity sat in her bed, not sure what to think of what Lightning whispered in her ear. Rarity snuck back completely beneath her blanket, and started to think about how her mind may be changing. Was it a love potion? Revenge for what she did to him? Or was it a sex drug? Was she going to suddenly want to mount him? Rarity paused. She did not feel a sudden urge to do so, so she put that in the ‘to investigate later’. Maybe it was going to corrupt her, in some other fashion, like make her a deviant. Rarity sneezed.

Rarity heard the door open, and heard Lightning ask, “Where do you keep your cold medicine?”

Rarity took her head from under the covers. “I only have filly and colt medicine. I don’t usually get sick.” Rarity could hear Lightning walking closer, and he suddenly came into her vision. “I’ll go get some from the store. That’ll help you sleep so you can feel better. I’ll be back later. Try to get some rest.” Lighting left her vision, and Rarity heard the door close. Rarity felt like she was so lucky to know the prince. For one, he was a prince, and two, he was such a nice colt. Rarity smiled, and giggled to herself a bit.

MEANWHILE!.....

Lightning walked down the street. He knew he saw a pharmacy somewhere nearby. Wondering down the street, seeing all of the happy couples, Lightning thought about his future, and some day settling down, stop being a secret agent, and taking up that teaching position at the University, and having a family. Then he ran into a wall, and noticed he arrived at the pharmacy. Lightning smiled, and went inside

He wondered around for some time, looking at the various medicines. Eventually, he found the cold section, and was flabbergasted by the various colors, types, and other things. Lightning stood at the front of the isle for about two minutes. During that time, a mother and foal walked past him, with the mother telling the foal not to star at the broken colt. That snapped Lightning out of his stupor, and started examining the various colored boxes.

Lightning quickly became awash with various symptoms. Lightning decided to call Rarity using his horn. Lighting closed his eyes, and focused, and started connecting. The call ran a few times, and Rarity did not pick up. Lightning thought this was weird, but decided to use his expert spy training, and see get the best one he could.

Lightning continued to examine the various colors and boxes, when Cadence and Shining arrived.

Shining said, “Hey there Lightning!”

Lightning slowly turned his head to face the couple, with the scariest look on his face. “Hello there, you two.” He head then slowly turned back to the medicine in front of him.

Shining and Cadence were thrown off his odd facial expression. Shining asked, “What cha doing?”

Lightning spoke in a regular tone, “Rarity is sick, and I’m trying to find some medicine to help her feel better.”

Cadence walked forward, to examine what Lightning was looking at. “Oh, that’s too bad. I hope she feels better.”

Lightning was on to Cadence. “I bet you made her sick, so I would have more of a reason for me to stay. Didn’t you?”

Cadence put on her best ‘wha? Me?’ look, and placed a hoof over her heart in shock. “What? No! I’m the princess of love! That is not how I do things!” She paused. Lightning seemed to accept it. “It was Celestia.”

Lightning slammed the boxes he was holding down on the shelf. “I KNEW IT!”

Cadence responded, “No you didn’t, you thought it was me!”

Lightning laughed. “Oh Cadence. That was just to throw you off.”

Cadence responded, “No it wasn’t.”

Shining stepped in, “So, need some help picking out some medicine Lightning?”

Lightning excitedly said, “I sure do!”

After a discussion, of what Rarity might have, and what is the best kind of medicine to take, Lightning went back to Rarity’s house. Lightning burst through the door, and was about to announce his presence, but decided against it. He listened carefully, but heard nothing.

Lightning quietly closed the door, and walked up stairs to see how Rarity was doing. Under so many covers, she was snuggly in her bed. Lightning could hear her breathing through her nose with limited success. Lightning approached the bed, and put the back side of his hoof on Rarity’s forehead, and felt that it was very hot.

This touch, and the fact that by comparison, Lightning was very cold, stirred Rarity from her sleep. She slowly blinked her eyes open, and looked at Lightning with a small smile. It seemed like she was very tired. Lightning pulled the bag of medicine close. “I got you some medicine from the store. I wasn’t sure what you exactly had. So with the help of Shining and Cadence, I think we found some good things.” Rarity adjusted her position. “We have Nye-Pony-Que. Some…” Lightning searched through the bag. “Robi-Pony-ssin. And some general vitamins!”

Rarity smiled. “Why do all of our medicines have the word pony in them?”

Lightning responded, “Because horse wasn’t as cute or funny.”

Rarity was confused by this. “Hu?”

Lightning shook his head. “Never mind. So, would you like to take some Nye-Pony-Que? I also have some Vicks Vapor rub!”

Rarity smiled. “Let’s go with some medicine, and some vapor rub.” Rarity sat up farther in bed, now completely straight up.

Lighting opened the box for Nye-Pony-Que, and briefly read the instructions. He placed some medicine in the little plastic cup, and carefully handed it to rarity, who drank it down and handed the cup back. Lightning examined the instructions to the vapor rub. Lightning’s ears perked up, and looked at Rarity.

Rarity had the most innocent look on her face that she could muster. “What is it my prince Lightning?” She tried to sound both innocent and sexy at the same time, but it kind of came out weird with her cold.

Lightning’s ears dropped. “Nothing.” He opened the canister, and dipped his hoof in. Because it was not solid enough, magic could not support it. Lightning had pulled a simple chair from the corner using magic, and sat down on it close to Rarity. Rarity tried to come off as innocent in sexy, looking down with her face, but up with her eyes, but the gurgling from her nose did not help. Lightning started applying the rub to Rarity’s chest. “Lift your heard up please.” Rarity did so. Lighting took some more rub on his hoof, and applied some more. When satisfied that he had applied enough, he put the cap back on, and placed the canister on the end table nearby.

He then walked out the door, and to the bath room to wash what rub was left on his hoof. Rarity breathed deeply. She could feel herself breathing better already. Or it could have been the touch from the price. Rarity was not sure.

Lightning came back with his tablet, and two large glasses of Orange Juice. Rarity continued sitting up in bed. “I have brought you some OJ, and my tablet, for if you get bored. I have loaded some books, and movies on it. I have the Daring Do and the Troublesome Spirit load on it.”

Rarity smiled. “Thank you prince.” Lightning walked over and placed the cups and tablet on the end table. Rarity leaned over, and gave Lightning a quick kiss on the cheek.

Lightning raised an eye brow at this. “Why are you being so affectionate and calling me ‘prince’ lately?”

Rarity smiled. “I don’t know. I just feel like it.”

Lightning looked at Rarity, and shook his head. “You crazy Mare. Now, get some rest, and feel better.” Lighting left the room, and left Rarity to it.

Lightning had retired to the living room where he was reading a physical book; “How to tell if your Mare friend is trying to kill you.” It was a book written by a good friend of his. He had been meaning to read it, but had been too busy to read it. But, all of a sudden it felt like a good time to read it.

Part way through the book, about two hours later, Lightning was brought out of his reading by a loud thud from Rarity’s room. “Oh, this can’t be good.” Thought Lightning, as he put his book down, and got up to see what was going on.