• Published 27th May 2012
  • 829 Views, 4 Comments

With the Shadow of Lightning - oneupthextraman



A new colt in Rarity's life. But who is he?

  • ...
3
 4
 829

Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Princess Celestia continued to stand in the door way of Rarity’s house, looking none too pleased. Rarity stepped back from the door way a few steps. She had not correctly processed the words the princess said.

Prince Lightning came out of the room, and looked at the princess, and quickly went back onto the room. The princess quickly jumped to door way, and opened the door, and used her magic to pull the prince out of the room.

“You are coming with me, my little pony.” The princess had captured Lightning in some kind of levitation ball, removing Lightings ability to interact with his surroundings.

Princess Celestia started walking back toward the front door, when a sudden burst of light revealed the sudden appearance of Princess Cadence and Shining Armor. Shining seemed indifferent to his sudden appearance, but Cadence seemed upset, and angered by what was going on.

Cadence quickly got to yelling. “YOU CAN’T DO THIS PRINCESS!”

Celestia was not having any of this. “Out of my way child, there is a prophecy to have happen!”

“You can’t control love! It happens naturally, and you can’t force it!”

Celestia was continuing to not be amused. “I have a kingdom to protect. I can’t take this risk. Do you think Rarity has the ability to bring it out of him? I can’t risk that she can’t.”

Lighting spoke up, still in the bubble. “Can I say anything about this?”

Celestia examined the bubble that held the prince. “Oh, you’re still concessions?” Celestia then started hitting Lighting against the wall in an effort to knock him out.

Cadence spoke up. “STOP THAT! You’ll break him!” Cadence started trying to pull the bubble away from Celestia.

Rarity walked over to Shining Armor, who seemed unfazed by this. “What’s going on?”

Shining Armor sat on the floor unaffected by the madness going on around him. “There was a prophecy that Lightning is going to be the one to save the world, but only after he falls in love, then he will be able to unleash his ultimate power, and destroy the evil that haunts this content.”

Rarity was taken aback by Shining Armor’s general indifference by this. “So, what is Celestia trying to do?”

Shining Armor sighed a heavy sigh. “Well, my wife wants the love to happen naturally, and believes that if it is forced, it will not work correctly. Celestia believes that her love potion from some old book will work, and then she can send him out and then he will just find the evil, and destroy it.”

Rarity was shocked by this. “Oh, is that it?” The two princesses continued to fight. Lightning getting jostled in his energy bubble Celestia had him trapped in in the struggle between the princesses. “Really seems like a lame idea. Something some soothsayer came up with.”

Shining armor laughed. “Yeah. I don’t believe it, but that same sooth….pony also foresaw Luna’s decent, and a few other disasters, so Celestia now believes her nearly without question.”

Rarity nodded. “I understand.” Rarity walked forward closer to the princesses. “Can I say something?” Rarity was ignored by the two fighting, and Celestia ended up swinging the bubble with Lightning in it, and striking Rarity, causing her to be flung across the room, and knocking her out.

Rarity woke up with a massive headache. She reached up to her head, and felt a bandage wrapped around her head. Rarity groaned and slowly opened her eyes. “What happened?” Everything slowly came into view. She was in her main bed room, and Shining Armor was just entering the room.

“Oh, you’re awake. That’s good. We were starting to get concerned that we would have to call the doctor again.” Shining was bringing in a little table with some food on it. He placed it near Rarity on the empty side of her bed.

Rarity sat up. “What happened? What happening to Lightning?”

“He’s resting peacefully down stairs. He was knocked out too, but he recovered before you did.”

Rarity sighed. “That poor pony. He keeps on losing consciousness, often at my expense.”

Shining laughed. “Yeah, he’s told me that. Something about a sandwich before…” Shining paused, thinking for a moment. “Oh well.”

Rarity laughed a bit. “Oh, poor Lightning. He is such a nice colt.” Rarity sat up in her bed, rubbing her head lightly. It still hurt a bit.

Shining laughed. “Oh yes. His general personality makes him popular with the mares.”

Rarity was caught slightly off guard by this. “I thought Celestia was always setting up dates for him?”

Shining laughed a little bit more. “Yeah, but between those dates, me and him would go out to the clubs, and we would try pick up mares. He was sometimes successful, but most of the time he stuck out.” Lighting laughed a hardy laugh, but then stopped. “But when I met Cadence, I stopped doing that. I’m not sure if Lighting stopped though. We haven’t really discussed it.” Shining paused briefly. “Oh well. Enjoy your breakfast.”

Shining left the room. Rarity was distraught. She was not aware of Lightning’s clubbing activities. Rarity’s head started hurting more. Then, a brilliant idea came to her; she would use a magic potion to make sure that Lighting would stay in love with her! It was the perfect plan! Rarity carefully made her way over to her small book shelf. On there were several books. One of them; Magical Magic Potions. Rarity tried to pick it up with her magic, but this caused a headache. Picking it up in her mouth, Rarity carried it back to her bed, and started reading it. Paging through the book, and eating some of the eggs and toast, Rarity discovered the potion she was looking for. It was based on the potion used by Sweetie Bell and her friends for Big Mac and Cherilee, but not nearly as powerful, and did not require both parties to consume. Rarity laughed a slightly evil laugh.

Later in the evening, Rarity had gone shopping, and started making the drink to cast over Lightning. Rarity’s head continued to hurt while making it, but she felt this was the way to go. It did not take long to make the potion. Rarity hid it the back of her refrigerator, and decided to give it to Lightning in the morning.

Rarity didn’t sleep too well that night; her headache and plans with the potion swam through her brain all night. Eventually, sleep took her though.

The next morning Rarity woke up feeling much better, but still not back to her normal self. Rarity entered the kitchen with her mane and tail a mess from her rough sleep. In the kitchen was Lightning and Sweetie Bell. Lighting had removed the tea from the refrigerator, had consumed some of it already while reading from his tablet. This snapped Rarity wake.

She galloped to the table. “Did you drink any of this?”

Lightning smiled. “Yes. In the refrigerator, it said ‘Lightning, drink this’. And it had several arrows written on paper pointing to it. I figured you had made some kind of new tea, and you wanted my opinion.” Lighting paused briefly for what he thought was dramatic effect. “I thought it was ok. Not amazing tea, but I am not much of a tea drinker.” Rarity appeared to be distraught at this. “Oh, don’t feel bad Rarity. Tea is just not my thing.” He got up and hugged Rarity.

“I have to go.” Rarity ran out the door.

Sweetie Bell seemed confused by this. “What’s wrong with Rarity?”

Lighting returned to his tablet, and answered nonchalantly. “She things she gave me a love potion in the tea, and appears to have regretted the decision.”

Sweetie Bell was not expecting this. “Is it affecting you?” Sweetie Bell poked Lightning with her hoof.

“Not at all my dear.” He rubbed Sweetie Bell’s mane in a playful manner. “But I think I will play along for a while.”

Sweetie Bell laughed. “Well, don’t get too carried away. I don’t need a foal in my life at this point.”

Lighting blushed lightly at that comment. “Well, I shall do what I can do behave myself my dear.” Sweetie Bell left the kitchen to get ready for school. After she had left the area, Lightning ran over to the sink, and grabbed a glass, and started drinking as much water as he could. After he drank the tea, he knew it was a love potion. Many enemy stats had tried to use it on him before, and he had grown able to resist it. But this one was surprisingly more powerful, and his feeling for Rarity would only make it worse. Lightning could only hope that he could resist it for long enough to have it make it out of his system. Hence the water. Lighting jumped as Rarity reentered the kitchen. Something felt warm inside of him.