• Published 27th May 2012
  • 3,038 Views, 35 Comments

Vampony - SkyHighFlyer



Scootaloo is a vampony, and reveals this to the Cutie Mark Crusaders

  • ...
6
 35
 3,038

Chapter 3

It had been 3 days since the Cutie Mark Crusaders sleepover and the 3 fillies had grown even closer together. A little jealousy was expected, but they all knew one of them would have to get their cutie mark first. After Scootaloo get her cutie mark, they had been expecting the group to separate somewhat. However, Scootaloo still joined in on crusades, which although less dangerous, still had some aspect of Scootaloo's recklessness attached to them.

Rarity was still reluctant to allow her sister to go out with a vampony, but agreed to allow it as long as Applebloom was with them.

Perhaps it was the failures of the crusades bringing them closer together. When Scootaloo's coat darkened, they decided to try to get coat dyeing cutie marks. Like always this turned into an utter disaster very quickly. At first it appeared that the dye had changed the pegasus filly back to her original color, but her coat began changing colors rapidly. It had taken Twilight 4 hours to confirm that this was the effect of the poison joke they used in the dye.

After the third day, Scootaloo was finally cured, though it did take a bit of explanation to explain why Scootaloo's coat was red and her mane black. Applebloom and Sweetie tried hard to think of a quick explanation but Scootaloo beat them to it explaining that these were her natural colors and she had been dyeing herself. Fortunately for them Twilight believed the story, and assumed the hesitation was due to embarrassment.

“How did you come up with that?” Sweetie asked as they left the library.

Scootaloo thought for a moment, “Well, it wasn't really hard. I mean, these are my natural colors, and the dye part just came to me.”

Sweetie Belle put on the thoughtful expression an adult would get before being asked a very awkward question, until finally she asked, “Scoots, where do you live?”

Scootaloo froze upon hearing the question she hoped would never be asked, “Um... so... wonderful weather were having.

Applebloom looked at her, “Really, where do ya live.”

Scootaloo sighed. She was cornered, “I guess I have no choice, follow me.”

She led them towards Fluttershy's cottage, but turned left just before getting there. This led them into the Everfree Forest. A little while inwards, they stopped, “Well, this is my place, like it?”

Sweetie and Applebloom looked at the old house. The wood was chipping away in many places and the paint was long gone. The door was barely staying on its hinges.

“Well, you coming in or not?” Scootaloo asked impatiently.

Applebloom walked up to the door, but Sweetie where she was and asked, “What about your parents?” She was obviously scared. Sure, she might be able to handle Scootaloo, but she was obviously terrified at the thought of meeting adult vamponies.

Much to Scootaloo's surprise, Applebloom answered that question, “Her parents are dead.”

“How'd you know that?” Both Sweetie and Scootaloo asked in unison, Scootaloo in a voice of surprise and Sweetie in a voice of curiosity.

“Sleepover.” Applebloom answered as they went inside.

The inside of the house was a lot more homely than the outside. The walls where still painted and most of the objects were intact. While the interior of the house was intact, it was no less of a disaster zone than Pinkie's room. Books littered the living room, most of them having fallen off a broken bookshelf. The kitchen was a little better off, but not much. At least the owner had taken the time to wash the dishes, not that she used them very often anyway.

Scootaloo gestured for the others to come with her. She led them upstairs and into her room. What they found there made them almost regret the fact that they had normal families. Books that had been read so many times that the binding was broken littered most of the floor. A deck of solitaire cards was laid across a table, a few cards littering the floor. Overall, this was the room of the filly who had lived alone her entire life.

Sweetie Belle walked up to Scootaloo and pulled her into a hug. This surprised Applebloom, for the past several days Sweetie refused to be close to Scootaloo.

Scootaloo didn't return the hug. She merely looked at the floor, tears dripping from her eyes. For once she had been reminded of how truly alone she was... but she wasn't alone anymore. She finally had friends who accepted her for what she truly was.

“Thanks... thanks so much.” Scootaloo said, finally returning the hug.