• Published 27th May 2012
  • 3,037 Views, 35 Comments

Vampony - SkyHighFlyer



Scootaloo is a vampony, and reveals this to the Cutie Mark Crusaders

  • ...
6
 35
 3,037

Chapter 1

“Alright Scootaloo, whats so important that you had to tell us?” Sweetie asked impatiently, obviously disliking the effort put into keeping this a secret.

“Alright, but you have to swear that you wont tell anypony, got it.” The two other heads nodded, their expressions saying that they just wanted to know whatever secret Scootaloo was keeping from them, “Well, here goes, I'm... I'm a vampony.

Sweetie Belle failed not to laugh, thinking this was a joke, meanwhile Applebloom asked, “Whats a vampony?”

Scootaloo decided to focus her attention on the laughing unicorn first, “I'm not kidding, look.” with that, Scootaloo pulled up her lip, exposing her fangs, which were still growing in.

That got Sweetie's attention, causing her to hide behind Applebloom desperately, knowing that the clubhouse door was locked to prevent anypony from wandering in.

“Ah still don't see whats so big 'bout some fangs.” the red maned earth pony said in an unconcerned way.

“Applebloom, did you even pay attention in school last Tuesday, because if you did, you would see why Sweeties hiding behind you.”

Applebloom was a little disappointed in her friends memory, “Tha' was the day Diamond Tiara slipped that sleepin' potion in mah drink.”

“Hehe right, well, besides the fangs, do I seem any different.”

Applebloom looked over her friend, “Nope.”

Scootaloo walked closer the the cowering unicorn behind Applebloom, causing her to shake even harder, “See Sweetie, I'm still the same, so can we please step past this.”

Sweetie began to calm down, and said, “OK, but try anything funny, and I'm telling everypony in town, got it!”

Scootaloo whispered, “OK.” At this,Sweetie realized she had been yelling, and quickly apologized.

“Right, well, are we all ready for the Cutie Mark Crusaders sleepover tonight.” Asked Scootaloo.

Both heads nodded in unison, Applebloom obviously not understanding what had just happened, and Sweetie muttering something about coffee.

What happened next surprised the all three crusades equally. Scootaloo looked at the ceiling, and focused on the key hidden in the rafters. To her surprise, the key actually moved, something she had only managed to do with small pebbles only the day before. The others simply gaped at a non-unicorn moving a key slowly to the door, then proceeding to unlock it. Afterward, Scootaloo nearly passed out from exerting herself to much.

When the vampony had managed to catch her breath, Applebloom wasted no time, “How'd you do that. Ah mean, at first, Ah thought it was Sweetie, but she couldn' do that, she didn' even know the key was there.

“Anypony can do magic. It just isn't something you would know. It's a thing vamponies kept secret, but I still got some books on it. Unicorn can just do it better because of their horns.

“Can ya teach me?” Applebloom asked with an exited voice, one that she only used when she really wanted something.

“Sure, we can start tonight if you want.” Replied the Pegasus filly.

“Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes...” She trailed off, and all three crusaders broke into laughter, reminded of the aftermath of Twilight's cutie mark story.

After several moments of laughter, the crusaders started walking to Carousel Boutique. Sweetie Belle had been extra careful to stay out of her sisters way so they would get to stay there this time, rather than being forced to somewhere else. On the way, Scootaloo picked up pebbles with her mouth, not wanting to overexert herself again, and placed them in her saddlebags. Once she felt they had a reasonably good amount for Applebloom to practice on, she started a conversation.

“So Sweetie, what was that about coffee earlier.”

“I'm not sleeping tonight, not if your going to be there.”

Scootaloo sighed at Sweeties remark, but thought it was reasonable enough, considering that Cheerilee's lesson on vamponies was so far off, Scootaloo had to restrain herself from correcting her every sentence, “Sweetie, the lesson on Tuesday was all wrong. Besides, I'm still... uh... blooming if you want to call it that. My coats gonna get darker, my eyes will change, and I'll develop a bit of a problem with sunlight.”

Sweetie responded as they began to walk into Ponyville, “How did this even happen to you, and what are some things wrong about the lesson?”

“Well, I'm a pureblood vampony by birth, and the lesson was all wrong except for the more obvious things. First, most of the myths are false, just something to frighten foals into being good. I can enter homes without permission, cross running water, and stuff like that. The only things that are true is that I need blood to survive, and that I wont show up in mirrors on pictures. Oh, and the vampirism only transfers is if my blood gets in contact with an open wound on the other pony. Sunlight wont kill me, but it will hurt my eyes and give me sunburn, but that will heal in a few minutes. Plus, light magic is devastating in any forms, and healing magic won't have any affect. But dark magic won't have any negative effects if used against me, and there are some healing spells that exist in that field.”

“That explains why your never there during picture day, but what I want to know is, why would you need healing magic in the first place?” Sweetie asked, obviously less concerned about the fact that her best friend wasn't even a pony than she was earlier.

“Light magic will disrupt my natural healing process, and the magic in any form, or anything enchanted with it burns me, a lot.”

“Sooooo, if I were to make my horn light up, that would hurt you?” Sweetie asked in a half concerned, half threatening way.

“No, what I mean by light magic is stuff like holy magic, magic that gathers power from sunlight and stuff like that.”

“Oh” Sweetie said as they walked up to Carousel Boutique, disappointed that the best magic she could summon was not something that would drive Scootaloo away if she chose to attack.

Sweetie stopped in front of the door, “Wait, lets see if vamponies really can go inside houses without permission.” Scootaloo responded by opening the door, walking inside, and motioning he others to come in.

Once everypony was inside, Sweetie found a note that said Rarity was shopping, and offered to cook dinner while Scootaloo started magic lessons with Applebloom, deliberately ignoring the part of the note that said for Sweetie NOT to cook dinner. So, while the white unicorn began cooking the other two ponies began working in the next room.

“So,just so you know, magic isn't easy, but if you try, you'll get it.” Scootaloo said, getting the rocks she collected out of her saddlebags, “Now, I want you to focus on the rock, then concentrate on moving it, like this.” Scootaloo move one of the rocks towards herself.

Applebloom focused on the rock and willed it to move forward. When that didn't work, she tried harder, this time concentrating on using her eyes to channel the magic. This time, the rock, and her eyes, glowed slightly, and although the rock only glowed, Scootaloo started clapping.

But just glowing wasn't enough for Applebloom, and she tried harder, ignoring the dizziness that it was causing, and the rock moved towards her slightly before she fainted.

When she woke up, the others were sitting around her, eating toast, which Sweetie managed to at least make edible this time.

“Oh, good, you finally up.” Sweetie said with a smile on her face.

“What happened?” Applebloom asked.

Scootaloo responded, “Well, you moved the rock a little bit, but that made you pass out. Just keep practicing, and I'm sure you'll get it, but, if you start feeling dizzy, stop, OK.

Applebloom just nodded, “What time is it?”

Rarity walked in and said, “Time for you three to get to bed.”

Once they had finished their toast, the three fillies went upstairs and got in their sleeping bags. Applebloom fell asleep almost as soon as she laid down, although Scootaloo, being a vampony, had trouble sleeping at night, her body electing to sleep through the day, simply got out a book and started reading. This made Sweetie, who had somehow managed to smuggle a lot of coffee upstairs with her, very suspicious, “Aren’t you going to sleep Scoots?”

“Nah, I’m a vampony, I’m supposed to sleep during the day, and I usually do.”

“Aren’t I going to get any sleep tonight?” Sweetie asked nopony in particular. At this Scootaloo replied, “You can sleep all you want, I’m not going to stop you.”

“No, but you will bite me.”

At this remark, Scootaloo looked up from her book. Putting it down, she looked into Sweetie Belle’s eyes, causing her to become paralyzed, “Do you really think I would feed on one of my best friends without permission. What do you take me for?” Scootaloo just lay down, and as soon as they broke eye contact, Sweetie started to fall asleep, feeling reassured. When Scootaloo was sure she was asleep, she went back to her book, for was going be a long night.