• Published 16th Aug 2015
  • 494 Views, 8 Comments

The Cutie Seek - CrystalMoon884



If Starlight Glimmer took over Equestria... it isn't pretty

  • ...
 8
 494

Introduction- A brief history

It was said that long ago back when the two sisters controlled the sun and moon from their castle in Canterlot, the site of Equal City 17, there was a pony who saw injustice and inequality everywhere she looked. This is the founder of the great Equal Cities, Starlight Glimmer. Sickened by this world and how unequal all ponies were treated, she decided to create the first Equal City. So she left her home in the bustling city of Canterlot to create a light in the darkness.

It was named Our Town and a few ponies lived there. But her plans to help the world and make it equal, so that nopony should ever have to worry about somepony becoming better than them at anything, were interrupted by a miss Twilight Sparkle. She entered the town with her evil magic and she was intent on killing who did not agree with her, it is sheer luck how Starlight got out alive. Twilight Sparkle was the so-called “Princess of Friendship” yet she could not see that friendship only came when everyone was equal and no one was above anyone else. She came there trying to show the ponies that Cutie Marks were good, though we all know that they are evil and cause greed and evil thoughts in all ponies. Twilight would not back down and came with a posse of ponies who would do unspeakable things for their “friend” Twilight.

So Starlight Glimmer, the great one, was forced to leave her home and her friends. She tried to show the princess and her posse of fighters that Cutie Marks divide Equestria by letting ponies be unequal and different. But it was in vain. For Twilight had brainwashed the residents of Our Town and Starlight had no choice but to leave, lest be killed by the savages Twilight had brought to Starlight’s home. She fled, running into the cave systems and the unknown. She left everything behind and knew she had to show Equestria how much being equal was a part of her life, how it should be a part of everypony’s life.

She soon built her first Equal City, Equal City One also known as Equal City Prime. It was in the place of a town once called Appleloosa. The ponies there were grateful that Starlight had come to them, as every town Starlight went to did. Soon others towns followed suit, sometimes resulting in bloodshed, until most of Equestria had followed in Starlight Glimmer’s hoofsteps.

Eleven Equal Cities were formed by this time. They included Manehatten and Fillydelphia and Cloudsdale. Starlight soon decided that the only way to really bring Equality to all of Equestria was to show the ponies that their princesses could become equal too and give up their Cutie Marks for the benefit of their subjects.

Thinking of good candidates, she settled on the ruler of the Crystal Empire, Princess Cadence. With her came land to build more Equal Cities and bring more ponies into the light of true friendship. She then brought Princess Cadence into the light of Equality, taking her Cutie Mark. With the edition of the Crystal Empire to the land that Starlight Glimmer controled, came four new Equal Cities, for the place was too big to accommodate just one large Equal City. So Equal Cities twelve through fifteen were acquired that day, leaving only two large cities left to bring into the light of being equal and finding true friendship: Ponyville and Canterlot. Ponyville was easy and soon all of the residents were leaving behind their Cutie Marks in favor of new better friendships than what they had had before and being happy in their sameness.

Soon after Ponyville was made equal, the last princesses of Equestria left Equestria, leaving Canterlot wide open for a new Equal City, the last Equal City. Starlight brought all of Equestria into the light of Equality the day that Princesses Celestia, Luna and Twilight left.

Starlight was sad that they didn’t want to become a part of this new world. But her sadness was short lived. She realized that with the Princesses gone and abandoned Equestria, nopony will rise and set the sun and moon. She soon afterwards began to raise the sun and moon, taking the place of the princesses who had left because they no longer cared for their subjects or the happiness of the millions of ponies living in Equestria.

And that is how The Equal Cities were Formed by the Great Starlight Glimmer.

Property of Equal City 17
Starlight book press
all rights reserved ™ 989

Shining Waterdrop looked up from the book she was reading on her TabDesk, a history book on how the Equal Cities were formed. She looked down again rereading it, making sure what she had read was true. It was hard to fathom all of those ponies in the before times having Cutie Marks and competing for everything. But mostly it was this fact: No one was equal.

She sighed, unable to take it all in. She took off her headphones, cutting off the Equal City 17 Rock Station Broadcast mid song. She looked around the dreary classroom that she went to school in with her bright green eyes she got from her mom. The room was quite boring.The classroom was pure grey, just different shades of it. It had the standard “We are all Equal” signs posted on the walls, although on the East wall facing out towards Equal City 8. They were big enough for an adult Pegasus to fit out of, in case of emergency and also just by design. Other than that the whole place was just well… equal to the boringness to all other classrooms in Equal City 17.

Shining Waterdrop looked down at her coffee, caffeinated with four sugars, to make sure she didn’t fall asleep during class. Class tended to get really boring really fast. She would much rather be at home playing her guitar or listening to Equal City 17 Rock Station Broadcast while playing video games, mostly the violent ones that had guns and lots of strategic opportunities, including war.

Shining looked at the clock, waiting for it to strike 3, just like all of her other classmates, the way that all of the ten year olds in all of the Equal Cities were waiting. Shining Waterdrop looked at her EyeComm, the eyepiece on top of her left eye, held up by a magic spell that couldn’t be broken. Every pony in Equal City 17 had an EyeComm when they reached ten years of age.. It was mandatory, although not something anypony complained about, they were awesome. My EyeComm reported that it would be another 11 minutes until the clock would read 3 o’clock.

Shining looked down to her TabDesk again and moved her hoof around on it’s surface, dismissing the book and pulling up a private message app, telling her mom that she would be out of school soon and was going to be at recording office, where most of her life happened versus in my home, where most of the other ponies lives happened. Closing out the app on her TabDesk and opening it on my EyeComm, waiting to see if her mom would reply. She waited for eight minutes, counting the time in her head, until her mom told her to have fun and be safe when crossing airways and streets. But before she could type a reply, the bell rang.

Ponies ran out of the classroom just happy that the day was finally over. A few Pegasi took to the sky to fly out out of the large floor to ceiling windows and escape the classroom faster than their Earth Pony and Unicorn counterparts.

The yellow-green Pegasus with the unruly pink and black mane named Shining water drop spread her wings and flapped them, rising into the air. She flew over into the outside world and away from the terrible place that she knew as “school.”

She had much on her mind today about equality.

All of the ponies here were equal within the walls of the Equal Cities,

None had a Cutie Mark on their flank, but rather an equals sign, never to see their Cutie Marks ever again.

Or almost all.

All but one.

Her name was Starlight Glimmer.

Why take everypony’s Cutie Marks but not your own? Shining Water drop thought pondering this. Why do that? If you don’t have to give it up, then neither do I!

On that day hope returned to Equestria after over ten centuries false equality.

But along with that hope a new path was chosen.

Shining Waterdrop will find good ponies and friends on this path, but also sadness and blood.

But the path of a hero is never easy.

Author's Note:

Okay! Well I had fun writing it with fan fiction ears on and my Brony music in my earbuds! (Not cool enough for headphones yet) But either way just a few things to say in my disclaimer:
1: I DO NOT own My Little Pony and I have not and have never done business (professionally like with stocks and shares) with Hasbro ™ or DHX ™ I am JUST A FAN of the show.
2: This is MY HEADCANNON. Don’t be jerk and tell me it is wrong. If you want to do that, consider why you are on this site in the first place please.
3: I DO NOT own Shining Waterdrop and she is the sole property of an awesome user named Kitara poika. Find him on Youtube, his music is awesome! So if you would like to use her in your own fan fic or fan art, please talk to him, NOT ME.
4: The rest of the characters that are from the show are NOT MINE and should not be considered as mine in any way. They belong in part to Hasbro ™ and DHX ™ NO ME. They are just changed a little for the purpose of this fan fic.
5: The characters that are mine are NOT BASED off of real people and are a work of COMPLETE FICTION. They are not made to resemble any pop culture icons or political figures for that matter.

That is it guys, I just wanted to get all of that out of the way. If you would like to talk to me more for whatever reason please feel free to PM me on the site! I would love to hear what you have to say! Just before of you please read number two and consider why you choose to message me (I will always respond unless you are really being a… well… real jerk.)
Hope you guys like the story, there is more to come! :twilightsmile:
(Not all of my author’s notes will be this long, don’t worry!:twilightsheepish:)

PLEASE NOTE: School is starting up again for me, and it is high school too. So if I am kind of slow with the story it means that homework and school and well… life have gotten in the way. :scootangel: