• Published 15th Aug 2015
  • 3,799 Views, 60 Comments

Prince Shining Armor or King Metamorphosis - Fullmetal_Pony



Shining Armor has been turn into a changeling by Queen Chrysalis. Now he must struggle to survive in his new form while trying to keep it a secret from his loved ones. For he fears they may never look at him the same way again.

  • ...
10
 60
 3,799

Chapter 3

Day 7

I survived my first week as a changeling. I don’t know if that's a good thing or not. The last week has been hell for me. After my outburst on the second day Cadence stopped asking questions, at least for the time being. Stupid, why did I do that? We haven’t spent much time together over the last few days and I fear I may be starting to lose her. Damn, I’m in a no win situation. If I don’t tell her I may lose her, if I do tell her I still may end up losing her. There has to be a way to fix this. I know she still loves me, but the way I’m acting how long is that going to last. Luckily Cadence just left for Canterlot to visit Twilight and the other Princesses for a couple of days, she should be arriving in the morning. She asked if I wanted to come with but I said I should stay here and hold down the fort. I know what she’s up too, get me around the others only to start asking questions again and back me into a corner, no way. Maybe I’m just being paranoid. Hopefully some time apart will do us both some good and give me time to think about what my next move should be. Disguising myself has become second nature now. I tested myself and was able to hold my disguise while I slept, also I’ve gotten better at controlling how I feed on love and should be able to sleep in the same bed as Cadence when she gets back. On the subject of feeding, pony food hasn’t been agreeing with me lately and I fear I may be starting to crave meat. What’s happening to me?


In Canterlot Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Twilight were having tea in Celestia’s private chambers when Cadence began recounting the events of the last week.

“I just don’t know what to do. Every time I try to talk to him about it he shuts me out and walks away.”

“Strange indeed, I’ve never know the former Captain to hold on to secrets, especially not so fiercely. Whatever happened to him while he was held captive must have been a traumatizing experience for him,” said Luna.

“Maybe I should talk to him, Shining wouldn’t keep a secret from me,” said Twilight.

“Perhaps it would be best to let him come to terms with what happened on his own,” said Celestia.

“But what if-”

“Cadence I know you’re worried but if you continue to press the issue you may end up driving a wedge between you two.”

“So what should I do then, just act like nothing’s wrong until the day he finally feels like talking about it?”

“I’m not saying that, but you might consider extending your stay to help take your mind off things. Also we’ve decided to start celebrating the winter solstice which will be next month. I would like you and Shining to be there, maybe he’ll be more talkative by then.”

“I’ll think about it.”


Back at the Crystal Empire Shining spent the morning practicing his magic in the troop training grounds. He now had a full understanding of how changeling magic worked and was able to reproduce most of the spells he already knew, though he figured that some spells he would be incapable of doing such as the spell he used to repel the changelings at the wedding, at least not without hurting himself in the process.

Alright enough magic practice I need to conserve my energy. Maybe I should practice my flying now.

Just then Flash touched down next to him.

“Sire, here are those reports you wanted.”

“Very good, just leave them on my desk and I shall look at them later. I’m glad you’re here actually, I’m going on a hike in the Crystal Mountains.”

“And you want me to come with.”

“No, just inform the others of where I am going. Don’t want them to worry that I disappeared again.”

“You’re sure you don’t want some company, it could be dangerous?”

“I’ll be fine on my own. I’ll be back sometime before dinner.” Shining left the training grounds and made his way through the city but stopped when he saw a loving couple out for a walk. He knew Cadence wouldn’t be back for two days so he thought a quick snack wouldn’t hurt. He could feel their love seep into him and stopped when he had enough. He continued to move through the city and reached the love barrier. He leaped through and again was met with the most amazing sensation and landed on the other side. “I’m never going to get use to that.”

Shining made his way into the mountains and dropped his disguise. He briefly thought about turning into a pegasus but decided against it on the grounds that changeling wings might work differently than pegasi wings and he wanted to practice with his first. Hours passed and Flash decided to check on Shining. He flew through the mountain range when off in the distance he spotted a changeling flying by.

A changeling, here! I have to tell the others. Wait Shining is in these mountains, what if the changeling captured him. I need to bring him in for questioning, good thing I brought my spear with me.

Flash then charged the changeling at full speed. Shining was taking in his surroundings when he caught something out of the corner of his eye and did a double take to see Flash coming right at him.

Damn it Flash! I told him I would be fine. He’ll never believe it’s really me. I have to find a hiding spot and change back.

Shining bolted and flew as fast as he could, but Flash being the more experienced flyer was gaining on him. Shining turned onto his back and started firing stun spells at him, but he took evasive action and dodged them. Flash caught up and tackled Shining in the air. Shining latched on to Flash’s spear and he did the same. They tumbled through the air, both throwing the occasional punch or kick to knock the other away. Shining shot his viscous saliva at Flash hitting him in the eyes, blinding him. Shining broke off, flew towards the ground and hid behind a rock. He tried to calm himself down and changed his appearance while Flash was trying to clean his eyes. Shining quickly shot off several spells into the sky. Flash thought he was under attack but nothing happened. Finally able to see again he looked around and saw nothing, then heard a voice.

“FLASH ARE YOU ALRIGHT.”

Flash looked down and saw Shining on the ground, he flew down to him.

“Sire, I’m glad I found you.”

“I saw your tussle with that changeling. When it got away from you I tried to blast him but missed, he disappeared into those thick clouds over there. Sorry I couldn’t have been more help but I was afraid I’d hit you while you were in such a close proximity to him.”

“That’s alright sire. Although he looked different from a regular changeling, might have been a royal one like Chrysalis.” Then Flash thought of something. “How do I know you’re not a changeling in disguise?”

“Aright, ask me anything.”

“What did you get the Princess for your anniversary last year?”

“I didn’t get her anything. I got buried in work and forgot which day it was. I was in the doghouse for a couple of days after.”

“It’s you alright.”

“Let’s head back to the palace. Just in case he had friends nearby.”

“Good idea.”


Day 8

I got into a bout with Flash today while I was practicing my flying, thankfully it wasn’t anything serious and he’s none the wiser. While I was out I came across a river and on a whim caught a fish and ate it. It actually tasted good. I fear my changeling side is starting to takeover. I must remain vigilant to keep myself in check. I’m still holding out hope that things will start to get better when Cadence gets back. Though a part of me still doubts that.