• Published 18th Aug 2015
  • 239 Views, 0 Comments

The Sunset For Moonlit - AnonymousAlicorn



A new girl, Mooonlit Prism, Comes to Canterlot High. She was always the popular one, but Equestria Twilight hasn't even discovered the portal to this dimension yet.

  • ...
7
 0
 239

Chapter 2: Sunset The Demon.

It was Tuesday, and when she woke up, Vinyl still had her shades on. She promised herself that she would see Vinyl's eyes. In the meantime, she decided to make breakfast. It was about an hour before school. She found the kitchen and made 2 sandwiches. One for her, and one for Vinyl when she woke up. She thought about how she would beat someone like that. She could fight, psychically or mentally. But she couldn't scheme very well. The campaign starts today, so time to get some dirt on Sunset. If there wasn't any, she would have to make some. She heard bed springs shifting, and Vinyl got up shortly after. She grabbed one of the sandwiches and brought it to her.

"Mornin' Vinyl."

"Morning. You ready to start taking down Sunset today?

"Definitely. Where do we start?"

"Don't know. I do have an idea, though. Sunset has 2 little kids that always do what she asks. If we develop some sort of romantic entanglement, Sunset's gonna blow her top. Especially if Flash hears about it."

"Who?" Moon had an idea that it might be Sunset's boyfriend. She was right.

"Sunset's BF. She's only using him to gain popularity, though."

"Then if this doesn't work, that's our fallback. Am I right?" Moonlit inquired.

"Yes. how are we going to go about this, though?

"Just like any other election ever. Posters. You have big paper, tape, and markers? I have a good hand." Vinyl nodded, and they got to work. Each poster said :

Why does Sunset keep

Snips and Snails around?

Does Flash know about this?

Who votes cheater for princess?

Vote Moon, Not Sun

"This will only end badly if we are seen together any more then we have been." Moon commented, still making more posters.

"You're right. Text when you need to, and don't let anyone you can't trust see."

"That I can't trust? Who can I trust?"

"Sunset has open enemies. People who can help beat her. The most known one will be Rainbow Dash, the captian of the soccer and baseball teams. She will have rainbow-colored hair. Knowing that, she will be easy to find. tell her your running against Sunset and you got a very powerful ally. Look by the soccer field."

Later at school, while she was on her way to the soccer field, she saw someone who could only be Sunset, picking on someone with pink hair, green skirt, and animals in her backpack. Moon saw her on her walk around the school yesterday, following Vinyl. She was obviously very shy, and this was a perfect opportunity to she what she was dealing with.

"Just because MY big event is coming up, doesn't mean you should take out your stress on weaker people then yourself."

"And just who do you think you are?"

"The one who's going to borrow your crown. Just for a year or so."

"Big words. Hey, I know you, you got little miss disk jockey to talk."

"Oh that? That's just my natural charm. I have a way with people."
Sunset looked mad, then calmed herself. "Whatever you say, big mouth. Speaking of big mouth, you do much else than eat, drink or talk?"
"I cough. *cough*CoveringFor*cough*YourSelf*cough* Fun Fact, People often blame people for things that they do themselves, as to shift the attention away from themselves."

"I'm not done with you!" Sunset yelled as she stormed off.

"You okay?" Moon asked the shy girl.

"yes" Moon barely heard her.

"Whats your name?"

"flutter-" The rest was too quiet to understand

"One more time. please?"

"fluttershy" Moon had to listen hard to hear it at all. She wasn't sure she heard right at all.

"Fluttershy?"
Fluttershy nodded

"Well don't worry, She'll be focused on me from now on. You should be fine from now on." Moon felt a tap on her shoulder.

"That was smooth. How you handled Sunset." Moon heard as she turned. Moon saw a girl with rainbow colored hair and white tank top.

"You really running against her for princess?"

"Yep. You must be Rainbow Dash?"

"You heard about me?"

"Your one of Sunset's enemies, right? I might need all the help I can get."

"You got the jock vote. Ill try for the hipster vote too.

"You'r a live saver. I know how to get the nerd vote easy. Where should we go after that?"

"You also got Vinyl to talk, so there's the music vote."
Moon was relived that all she had to do was secure the nerd vote. Should be easy. She found her way to the library, and went in. No one here. Time to try the computer lab, which was all the way across the school. With her new enemy, she could only wonder if this will be eventful. She'd been walking for about 5 minutes, when she saw someone speed running through the school, going super fast for being only on her legs. She looked like Rainbow, only her hair was different shades of grey instead of a rainbow, and her skin looked a sort of light brown. she was being quickly chased by a mob. No way they would catch her. She decided to follow, fading in to the mob, and when they were all tired, Moon decided to speed up, having much more stamina than everyone else. She found the girl laying on top of some lockers, out of breath.

"What was the mob about?"

"Sunset sent her little lap dogs to tell Ahuizotl where I was so he would try to catch me again. Hey, your the girl who got Vinyl to talk, and your running against Sunset. It's risky, Even if your winning the vote count, she's going to ruin you on stage. I just know it, it's how she is. I can try to help you with that, if you want."

"I can tell, I'm gonna need all the help I can get."

"I'll be above the stage whenever your on it."

"Hey, why am I getting all this free help?"

"Everyone hates Sunset. Names Do, by the way. nickname's Daring Do. I'm the parkour master. I can outrun anyone, even the guards. If I have to."

"I'm just glad that this isn't a lost cause." Moon continued on her way to the computer lab, glad she had made allies with someone to guard the stage. She'd had mud dumped on her on stage in 5th grade, and didn't want that to happen again. When she got to the computer lab, she saw Vinyl there, walking out of the lab as she was only getting there.

"We have their vote?" Vinyl nodded. "Sunset should have too much trouble handling Flash, because of the posters. What now?"

"Act normal 'till Friday."