• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 920 Views, 24 Comments

Friendship's New Flight: Rough Skies - Masterob



Rumble finds himself in an uneasy alliance with Lightning Dust.

  • ...
6
 24
 920

Highs and Lows

The Next Morning, Applejack had made breakfast for all the house guests, at the time of waking up, the other Pegusai were still asleep, she's much more used to waking up early since she works on a farm.

Soon she was joined by Big Macintosh.

"Morning Big Bro, made ya some Apple Tarts, others should be waking up soon", Applejack said.

Big Mac nodded and simply ate his breakfast. Applejack went to each room, first Apple Bloom's, she was just starting to wake up, Flitter and Cloudchaser were still sleeping.

"Morning Applejack, here to wake up the twins?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Yeah, their breakfast is ready", Applejack nudged Cloudchaser, "Wake up CC."

Cloudchaser woke up and looked up at Applejack, "Sup AJ', she sat up and stretched.

"Morning, I made ya breakfast", Applejack said.

"Aw you didn't have to do that, you probably got up early for it", Cloudchaser said.

"Ah always get up early, besides you're all guests, least ah can do".

"Thanks, better wake up Flitter", Cloudchaser said.

Apple Bloom shook Flitter awake, "Wake up Flitter, breakfast is ready"

Flitter murmured in her sleep, "Soarin, you're so cute".

Applejack looked surprised, "Uh, what was that?"

"Oh she does that sometimes", Cloudchaser explained.

"Figured as much, she and Fluttershy seem to like Soarin", Applejack said.

"I'll keep trying to wake her, you two can go get the others", Cloudchaser said.

Applejack went over to Rainbow & Thunder's room while Apple Bloom went to Rumble, Trixie & Lightning Dust.

Apple Bloom approached Rumble, but before waking him, she took the opportunity to plant several kisses all over his face, though the kisses did wake him up.

"Apple Bloom? What are you doing?" Rumble asked.

Apple Bloom blushed heavily, "Uh...ah came to wake you up", she chuckled nervously.

Rumble raised his eyebrow then shrugged it off, "Next time wait til I wake up. I don't mind your kisses, they feel nice, but I don't want you taking advantage of a vulnerability. Luckily I'm not like Cloudchaser, one time my brother tried this with her and she knocked him out".

Apple Bloom giggled, "Alright, ah won't, but since yer awake, can ah keep kissing you?"

"Later, I gotta eat", Rumble started walking off but then couldn't move, he started pulling but then remembered, "Oh right", Lightning was still asleep and Rumble couldn't move too far from her, thanks to Trixie's spell.

"Lightning, wake up", Rumble shook her a bit, eventually she started stirring.

"Huh? What?" she looked at Rumble, "Oh it's you, is it morning?"

"Yeah, come on, I'm hungry, I think Applejack made us breakfast", Rumble said.

"Mah sister made Apple Tarts, and fresh Apple covered pancakes", Apple Bloom said.

"I take it your family only eats Apples?" Lightning asked.

"This is an Apple Farm, of course we eat apples".

Lightning looked deadpanned, "Of course you'd say that".

Apple Bloom gave Lighting a smug look, "Well I'll go wake Trixie", she went to Trixie and shook her, "Wake up Trixie"

Trixie murmured in her sleep, "The Great and Powerful Trixie...would like five more minutes".

Apple Bloom raised her eyebrow, "Even in her sleep she's a pompous show-off".

Lightning glared,"Don't you insult her you little-"

"Lightning!" Rumble gave her a glare of his own, "You don't want Trixie insulted, I don't want Apple Bloom insulted".

Lightning returned the glare, "Fine...have it your way, now lets go", she walked off and made sure to move abruptly enough to force a pull on Rumble.

"Hey, take it easy, don't start getting all huffy", Rumble said.

"Don't test me kid, lets just go, let Trixie sleep a bit more", Lightning said.

"But she might miss breakfast", Rumble said.

"I'll save her some of mine, let her sleep, she's tired".

Apple Bloom rolled her eyes a bit and they walked to the kitchen and met with Flitter, Cloudchaser & Big Macintosh.

"Morning Big Brother, where's Applejack? Not back yet?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Nope"

"She's probably still fetching Rainbow Dash and Thunderlane", Apple Bloom said.

"My brother and Rainbow can be heavy sleepers, especially when they sleep in the same room", Rumble said.

"I bet they barely slept last night, probably doing late night exercise", Cloudchaser said with a sly grin.

Rumble and Apple Bloom looked confused at that, Lightning and Big Mac blushed though.

"Uh what does that even-oh here they come now" Apple Bloom said and pointed to Applejack, Rainbow Dash & Thunderlane, all of them having a small blush on their face.

"Ah can't believe y'all were doing what you were doing", Applejack said.

"Thunderlane's my coltfriend, stuff like that is normal for us", Rainbow said.

"Sis, what happened?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Don't ask Apple Bloom, just don't ask", Applejack said.

"Lets just say what we were doing, is stuff you're gonna wanna do with Rumble soon", Rainbow said, earning Applejack's ire, "Don't say stuff like that to mah sister!"

"Hey she's gonna find out someday! You're gonna have to give her the talk soon!" Rainbow explained.

Apple Bloom blushed a bit, "The talk? Oh...ah know what you were doing".

Thunderlane looked at Apple Bloom, "You do?"

"Ah live on a farm Thunderlane, I've seen the animals", Apple Bloom pointed out.

At this point Rumble was getting an idea of what was going on, needless to say it made him blush as well.

"Lets drop the subject, eat up everypony, you need yer strength", Applejack said.

The ponies started eating, "Where's Trixie?" Rainbow asked.

"Still sleeping", Apple Bloom said.

"Her food's gonna get cold, plus there might not be any left when she wakes up", Applejack said.

"Relax, I'll save her some, I'll give her my food when she wakes up, I'll only eat like half of it", Lightning said.

"Ok, sounds good, but I'll try to save her some, though we Apples have quite a mighty appetite", Applejack said.

"Well lets eat, I wanna start training", Rainbow said.

After breakfast, they waited a bit before all the ponies went outside and began their training rounds.

It went well for a bit but during the flight, Lightning began her usual antics, she got that rush of adrenaline and started zip zapping around the skies, making Rumble nervous as he tried to keep up with her.

"Lightning I'm getting dizzy!" Rumble said.

"You kidding, this is fun! This it real flying kid! Learn to love it!" Lightning said.

"I like how I normally fly, thank you very much!" Rumble said with some attitude.

As they continued Lightning started doing loop-de-loops, making Rumble extra dizzy, then Lightning started another dive bomb, she got dangerously close to the ground, Rumble was afraid they would get hurt so he immediately stopped, causing Lightning to feel a pull.

She looked up and glared at Rumble, "You ruined my momentum!"

"You almost got us hurt...or maybe killed!" Rumble shouted.

"You're such a damn wuss kid! The Wonderbolts don't like wusses! They want winners!"

"If you get hurt you can kiss your chances of joining them good-bye, Rainbow said they were close to replacing Soarin once cause he got hurt, even something minor that he eventually recovered from, if you do something that gets you hurt you think they'll want you?" Rumble asked.

"Dammit kid I know what I'm doing, if you follow me closely like a good wing pony then you'll be fine", Lightning said.

Rainbow flew up to them, "Ok what happened now?"

"She attempted a dangerous dive bomb", Rumble said.

Rainbow face hoofed, "Lightning you don't need to endanger yourself constantly, at least not when another pony has to follow you, Rumble's still a young foal, you have to be careful with him".

"I can handle it Dash, when we were partners you were able to keep up just fine", Lightning said.

"I'm older and I have more experience, and even then, you nearly injured me on occasion", Rainbow said.

"Is this about you clipping your wing? You were fine, and if you weren't I would have taken care of you, believe it or not I did value you as a teammate, then you went behind my back and whined to Spitfire", Lightning said.

"You nearly killed my friends! Can you not comprehend that!?" Rainbow shouted.

"Hey if they're alive then that's all that matters right?" Lightning said.

"You just don't get it, just wait til Trixie's life is endangered then you'll get it", Rainbow said.

"You need to leave Trixie out of this, she's been through enough already", Lightning warned.

Rumble sighed, this was not going well.

After some more back and forth, usually the same arguments, they decided to train more, but with the other Pegusai watching Lightning closely.

Applejack had been watching from the ground, worried about this situation. Soon Trixie approached and started watching next to her.

"Enjoying the show Applejack?" Trixie asked in an almost pompous tone.

"I'm worried about them, suppose Lightning loses her mind or something, really hurts Rumble?" Applejack said.

"Lightning has her issues but she would never intentionally hurt a foal", Trixie pointed out.

"Um, she tried to punch mah sister", Applejack said.

"She hit her first, so as long as Rumble doesn't provoke her he should be fine, and he doesn't seem like the type to provoke", Trixie said.

"Still, she's pretty reckless, why's she like that?" Applejack asked.

"Lightning pushes herself to be the best, maybe to a fault but to be fair, Spitfire was ok with it until she nearly got you and your friends killed. Part of me thinks that Spitfire only did what she did because she's trying to save face, she let all this slide and it blew up in her face, Lightning Dust was nothing more than a scapegoat, so I personally fault Spitfire".

"You really think that?" Applejack asked.

"Do you really think ponies like me and Lightning Dust are as bad as you say we are? Why was I blamed for that Ursa Minor coming to town? Those two idiot colts brought that creature to town", Trixie said.

"Well you did boast about beating one", Applejack pointed out.

"Your point? I'm a show mare, my job is to be exciting, maybe I stretched the truth a bit but it's all entertainment, it's suppose to be fun, you ponies sucked all the fun out of it", Trixie said.

"Still, you were kinda rude, especially to Twilight", Applejack said.

"And I regret that, Twilight's a nice pony, I don't fully regret humiliating you, Rainbow Dash or your pompous friend Rarity, you deserved it, I'll be honest, you ponies can be really unfriendly and selfish", Trixie said.

Applejack looked offended, "How do you figure that?"

"Lets see, you attempted to humiliate me for putting on a show, you run me out of town for something that wasn't my fault, you show up in a hot air balloon in a restricted area just because your pink hyper friend was too impatient to wait for the mail, the same pink hyper friend had also at one point refused to share Rainbow Dash with an old griffon friend she had and it got to the point that she was essentially run out of town, and lets not forget this whole Thunderlane stuff. In fact, Even the crusaders barely spoke with other foals, and the minute one other foal joins it's a whole big issue".

Applejack looked taken back, "Surely we haven't been that unfriendly?"

"What about Flim & Flam? They simply wanted to work with you during cider season, and make a small profit, you already sold everything else, would it have killed you to throw them a bone for the cider stuff?"

"Those guys were trying to rip us off!" Applejack shouted.

"Then negotiate with them", Trixie said.

"This is a family run business anyway", Applejack pointed out.

"Well they are brothers, fits the family thing, though if it bothered you that much then maybe you could have married one of them, I would suggest Flim, he's got a cute smile", Trixie pointed out.

Applejack glared at Trixie, "Ah don't think so".

"Still, my point stands, you're all not that friendly".

Applejack looked a bit offended, "Listen missy, ah ain't gonna stand here and listen to you call us unfriendly, especially considering I'm letting you stay at mah barn free of charge, you don't even have to work on apple bucking, knowing you yer probably too weak to handle something like that".

"Hey, I am doing you a service, I'm the only one keeping Lightning under control", Trixie said.

"Not by much", Applejack retorted.

"Relax, this could only get better", Trixie said.

It hasn't gotten better, weird things have happened over the next several days, such as Rumble crusading with his friends.

"No way, I am not joining your bratty friends on stupid activity", Lightning said.

"Hey I want to spend some time with my friends, and since you're stuck with me, I suggest you suck it up and deal with it", Rumble said.

"Hurry up Rumble, we're gonna try to get out Cutie Marks in juggling", Scootaloo said.

"Do any of you kids even know how to juggle?" Lightning asked.

"We're about to find out", Scootaloo said.

They went to Apple Bloom juggling some tennis balls, or trying to, "Come on, ah could do this".

"Why are you kids so obsessed with your cutie marks? Are your lives that pathetic?" Lightning asked.

Sweetie Belle gasped, "How DARE you question the importance of cutie marks!"

"Do you always squeak when you speak?" Lightning asked.

Sweetie Belle glared, "Sleep with one eye open".

Rumble approached Sweetie, "Sweetie, as cute as you are mad, don't make things worse".

Sweetie blushed, "I'm cute when I'm mad?"

"Kid do you flirt with every filly you talk to?" Lightning asked.

"In a way".

Lightning was a bit surprised Rumble admitted it like that, "Wow, really?"

"I guess, I just talk nice to them, apparently that's flirting", Rumble said.

"Well I gotta admit, it's very annoying", Lightning pointed out.

"Why? Do I make you feel insecure? Would you feel better if I tried flirting with you?" Rumble asked.

Lightning Dust glared, "Back off"

Apple Bloom continued her attempts at juggling but she had threw one too far and hit a bee hive.

"Oh crap, run!" Apple Bloom said and everypony ran off as the bees chased them.

"I hate you kids!" Lightning shouted.

"Hey shut your mouth lady!" Babs shouted.

They continued running away from the bees, though it would eventually prove to be for naught.

On another occasion, Rumble and Lightning are with Babs at Fluttershy's place as she feeds animals, Lightning bored again.

"Why are we here?" Lightning Dust asked.

"I wanted to spend a little time with Babs, besides I like listening to Fluttershy's humming, it sounds angelic", Rumble said.

"It sounds boring", Lightning said.

"It's not boring, it's soothing, her animals really like it", Rumble said.

"I hate these animals too!" Lightning said, Fluttershy's animals sensed her hostility and got angry.

"Oh no little darlings, please remain calm", Fluttershy said.

"Yeah know your damn place!" Lightning warned.

The animals continued to get angry.

"Lightning, you're upsetting my animals, please stop", Fluttershy pleaded.

"What they mad? Bring it on!" Lightning taunted.

"Lightning...what are you doing? Why are you doing this?" Rumble asked, very worried and confused.

"Calling these sons of bitches out", Lightning said.

The animals surrounded her, ready to strike.

"This lady's a damn psycho!" Babs said.

"We should run!" Rumble said.

Babs ran off, Rumble attempted to follow but he couldn't move, Lightning refused to move.

"Lightning! For Celestia's sake, stop challenging the animals!"

This fell on deaf ears, "Come on, I'll take all of you!"

Babs went back to pull Rumble, hopefully get him away as Fluttershy continued her attempts at calming down the animals, with little success.

"This won't end well, Babs run!" Rumble said.

"I won't leave you kid!" Babs said and hugged Rumble, things got ugly quick.

Later after that.

"Sorry about that Fluttershy, I guess I kinda let my anger get the best of me", Lightning said a bit sheepishly as Rumble tended to some scratches she got from Fluttershy's animals.

"It's fine, I appreciate the apology though", Fluttershy said, getting the animals back in their cages.

"Gotta hand it to you, for a shy mare like you to handle those animals, you're pretty awesome"

"Oh, thank you".

"Now if you only embraced your inner Pegasus, and be the flyer you were meant to be".

"I'm fine where I am", Fluttershy said.

"Suit yourself".

Rumble was somewhat impressed to see Lightning being nice to Fluttershy, possibly Trixie's influence shining through.

"By the way Fluttershy, these animals had their vaccinations right?" Rumble asked.

Fluttershy thought, "Yeah, most of them at least".

Lightning gulped nervously, "Most?"

In another moment, Rumble had spent some time with Sweetie Belle at the park, Twilight was there, as was Trixie and Lightning reluctantly, though Trixie being there made it easier.

Twilight was teaching Sweetie a few spells, Trixie wanted to watch Twilight in action.

"Ugh, why am I here?" Lightning Dust asked.

"Because you get jealous when Trixie spends too much time with Twilight", Rumble said.

Lightning Dust blushed, "What? No I don't!"

"Yeah you do, you said before, 'Why is Trixie so enamored with Twilight? What does she have that I don't'?"

"Kid I swear".

"You even complained that Trixie's been spending too much time with Twilight, mainly to find a counter for the spell she cast on us", Rumble pointed out.

Lightning grumbled, "You'll get yours kid".

Trixie giggled, "Don't worry Lightning, you're still number one to me, Twilight, as lovely, pretty and talented as she is, she'll never replace you".

Twilight blushed at the comments, "Thanks Trixie, that's really nice of you, you're a great pony too".

"Hey back off Sparkle!" Lightning shouted, much to Twilight's surprise.

Every pony was silent a moment.

"Awkward", Rumble said.

Lightning realized her outburst and looked away in a blush.

Trixie approached Lightning and nuzzled her, "You're cute when you're jealous, like I said, you're number one, I'll never replace you".

Lightning smiled a bit but quickly hid it, she didn't want anyone to notice her soft side.

Twilight was a little confused at this development, she had the slightest feeling that Trixie & Lightning may be an item, but she had no issues with that, she would even encourage it.

Sweetie Belle was a little confused, "Funny my sister acts like this as well with Applejack sometimes".

That also occurred to Twilight, she started putting pieces together, "Oh my"

"What?"

"...Nothing, I'll explain later, just resume your lesson", Twilight said.

"Ok...hey Rumble are you watching? Am I doing great?" Sweetie asked.

"Yes, you're a talented filly Sweetie, and you're very pretty", Rumble said.

Sweetie blushed at that, Rumble had a smug smile, he enjoyed being on the other side of the flirting and he liked making her feel that way, even if it's partial payback for her once being a bully to him, using kindness to guilt her.

In another situation Rumble & Lightning are flying after Scootaloo while she rides her scooter, her way of training them.

"I like this friend, she knows how to have fun", Lightning said.

"She likes the extreme stuff, makes sense since she's a big fan of Rainbow Dash", Rumble said.

"I see, her mane's a bit similar too, they look like sisters", Lightning said.

"Yeah they also used to be really close", Rumble said.

"Used to? Why used to?"

"Well after she helped well...beat me up, Rainbow got mad and nearly beat her up, Rainbow backed out last second but some damage was done to their relationship, I feel bad for her", Rumble said.

"Well she can idolize me, I'll teach her my best tricks", Lightning boasted. She liked the idea of having a fun sidekick to mentor.

Rumble glanced sadly, "That won't be possible".

"Huh? Why not?"

"You can ask her, she should explain it".

When they stopped, Lightning approached Scootaloo, "Hey kid, you did well there, nice wing power, you'd make a great racer, just so you know, I'm not above teaching you some flight techniques"

"Thanks but...I can't", Scootaloo said.

"Sure you can, I mean I know I'm not Rainbow Dash, for damn sure I'm not Rainbow Dash, but I think it can work, you can fly with us".

"I can't because I am unable to fly", Scootaloo admitted.

Lightning looked confused, "What do you mean you're unable to?"

"I have a flight disability, I can't fly", Scootaloo said.

Lightning looked heartbroken from hearing that, "A Pegusus that can't fly? That's...that's awful...a Pegusus should fly...that's not fair".

"Well it's hard but I've sorta accepted it, though I wish I could fly...but what can I do?"

"Well I hope the whole disability thing is wrong, you have the heart of a racer, I hope you can fly one day", Lightning admitted.

Scootaloo smiled, "I don't care what anypony says, Trixie is right about you, you are pretty nice".

Lightning blushed, "Well don't go telling too many ponies, I have a reputation to keep".

Scootaloo chucked, "Sure thing Lightning".

Rumble was happy to see Lightning Dust show off her softer side, and that Scootaloo could bond with her.

Another time, both were seen reading comic books in the Sweet Apple Acres family room.

"So Rainbow and her friends really got sucked into these Power Pony Comics?" Lightning asked.

Rumble nodded, "Yeah, this was before we really became friend with them but they got sucked into one of Spike's comics and they each got super powers".

"That's so weird, wonder what it would be like if I were in a comic book? What hero would I be?"

"You wouldn't be a hero, well not like these"

Lightning glared a bit, "What would I be? A villain?"

"No...you'd be a badass anti-hero, the one who does things her way and millions of ponies love her", Rumble said.

Lightning smiled and ruffled Rumble's hair, "You not bad kid, I actually like you, being stuck with you wasn't too bad...except the times either of us needed the bathroom".

"Yeah lets not discuss that", Rumble said.

"Still, I like you, I can't believe I hated you, and hurt you too, sorry about that by the way", Lightning admitted.

"It's fine, usually those who like me hurts me first, besides you hit me by accident", Rumble said.

"Still, we should stick together more after all this, we first gotta kick ass at the competition, which is in 2 days", Lightning said.

"Totally, I'm with you Lightning".

Lightning hugged Rumble a bit, which Rumble returned. Nearby Applejack is watching with some pride, seeing that Rumble may have finally gotten Lightning Dust to turn around.

That same day, Trixie's trailer finally arrived in town, led by Suri Polomare and she was joined by Flim & Flam.

"Ugh, what an ugly town, how did Trixie & Lightning Dust endure this place?" Suri asked.

"Let's just hurry me and my brother have some bad reputation in this town, we don't want anypony recognizing us", Flim said.

"Oh no! It's the Flim Flam Brothers! They're gonna sell us their crappy stuff again" they heard Lyra shout randomly.

"Shush! You loudmouth! We're only here temporarily, we're not selling anything!" Flim shouted.

"And our stuff is not crappy!" Flam shouted.

At that moment, Twilight, Spike & Trixie arrived.

"I got this Lyra, you may go home", Twilight said.

"Sure thing, bye Twilight", she looked to Trixie, "Bye Great and Pitiful Trixie", Lyra walked off laughing.

Trixie looked upset but Twilight gave her a small hug, "I don't think you're pitiful".

Suri approached them, "Well aren't you friendly, anyway we're here Trixie".

"Good, though you took awhile", Trixie said.

"We were busy, plus we got lost", Suri admitted.

"Well I need something from my trailer quickly", Trixie went inside.

Suri turned to Twilight, "Where's Lightning Dust?"

"Probably training, she's become a lot nicer as of late", Twilight said.

"Yeah, yeah, real nice, when she has a chance I'd like to speak to her, where is she likely?" Suri asked.

"Sweet Apple Acres, I'm sure The Flim Flam Brothers know where that is", Twilight said.

"All too well", Flam said with some regret in his voice.

"Yeah, you got your flanks handed to you by Applejack, her family and friends", Spike said.

"Spike...no need for that", Twilight said.

"Yeah seriously", Flim said, rather annoyed.

Trixie came out the trailer, "I got what I need, lets find Lightning and Rumble"

Soon they all went to Sweet Apple Acres and met up with the Pegusai.

"Lightning! Rumble! Come, I got the counter-spell for you!" Trixie said.

Lightning and Rumble rushed to Trixie, eager to separate, they liked each other and all but they still need some alone time.

"Ok line up, I'm gonna cast the spell, don't move", Trixie said, both Pegusai stood perfectly still, then Trixie worked her magic, literally.

"Did the spell work?" Lightning asked.

"See for yourself", Trixie said.

They walked away from each other, no binds.

"Sweet! I'm free!", Lightning did a few somersaults.

Rumble was happy too, "Now I can go on my date".

Lightning chuckled, "Oh right, that little Babs kid, then the rest of those fillies".

Twilight sighed, "Good, happy ending, now you all have a race to get ready for".

"Yeah, they sure do...ok Rumble, ready to team with Fluttershy?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Lightning looked confused, "Excuse me?"

"I said if he's ready to team with Fluttershy", Rainbow said.

Now all the ponies were confused, except Thunderlane, Cloudchaser & Flitter.

"But...I'm supposed to team with Rumble!" Lightning said.

"We've been over this Lightning, you're too reckless, we're not endangering Rumble's health", Rainbow said.

"Huh? You were still gonan replace me!?" Lightning asked.

"Yeah, what did you think that we were still gonna let you team together? Trixie's spell just annoyed us more!" Rainbow said.

"But Rainbow I don't want to replace Lightning Dust", Rumble said.

"This isn't up for discussion kid", Rainbow said.

"Yeah bro, we're not taking any chances", Thunderlane said.

"But-"

"No chances".

Lightning could not believe this, "You're kidding...after everything that me and Rumble did!? You're just gonna take that away!?"

"We're not endangering Rumble", Rainbow plainly stated.

Lightning felt like her world crumbled, "But me and Rumble...we bonded!"

"You and I bonded, didn't stop you from being a dangerous flyer and nearly injuring me and getting my friends killed, you've befriended Rumble, that's good, but you still have these adrenaline rushes, sorry but no", Rainbow said.

Lightning looked enraged, "You...you can't do this! Dammit I deserve this! I put up with your bullshit this past week, I earned this!"

"Hey, be happy we're even being nice about this! You wanna stay friends with Rumble that's fine but we're not putting you with Rumble, find another partner, if you can", Rainbow said.

Trixie looked enraged, "This is nonsense Rainbow Dash! You can't treat Lightning Dust this way!"

Rainbow glared, "Hey, this is your fault, like I said you casting that spell didn't change our minds, it just delayed the inevitable, now it's best if both of you just leave now, take your circus with you".

Trixie looked shocked and got enraged, "How dare you, I have a right mind to teach you a lesson!"

Rainbow took that as a challenge and tackled Trixie, this time too fast for Trixie to protect herself.

"You think you can take me Trixie!? You can't take me, you're not-!" Lightning grabbed Rainbow and threw her off.

"I told you NEVER to hurt Trixie!"

"Lightning...I tried to be nice with you...I tried to be patient...but you once again screwed that up, and now...", Rainbow tackled Lightning Dust down and wailed on her, "Now you're gonna regret this!"

"Dammit Rainbow! I said no fightning!" Twilight went to break it up but Lightning pushed Rainbow off her and shoved her toward Twilight.

After Twiliight moved, Lightning then punched Twilight down, "That's for flirting with my marefriend all week!"

"Marefriend!?" the ponies said in unison.

"Yeah, she's my marefriend, got a problem!?" she turned to Rainbow Dash, "And Rainbow! This is for putting your hands on Trixie!" she then attacked Rainbow and punched her, but Rainbow blocked and returned the punches.

Trixie aimed a magic blast at Rainbow but Thunderlane & Cloudchaser tackled her to the ground.

"Don't even think about it!" Thunderlane shouted.

Rumble looked pretty traumatized, he hated fighting, now his friends were fighting each other.

Applejack rushed out, "Land sakes! Why are y'all fighting!?"

Lightning and Rainbow traded several punches, leaving each other's faces bloody, Twilight approached them and used magic to separate them.

"Rainbow! No more fighting! And Lightning! I did not try to flirt with Trixie! Quit being jealous!" Twilight said.

"You stay away from Trixie, she's mine!" Lightning warned.

"Lightning, you need to be reasonable!" Twilight shouted.

"Screw you!" Lighting tackled Twilight and attacked her, "I never liked you either Twilight! You and your friends have hurt me and Trixie is the worse ways! I hate you!"

Twilight blocked her punch and blasted Lightning back.

Lightning regained composure and flew at Twilight, Twilight flew back and they engaged in a series of punches and kicks.

Meanwhile Trixie had blasted Thunderlane, Flitter & Cloudchaser away, then she aimed a spell blast at Rainbow but Rainbow reacted and dodged her attacks, she then flew in and punched Trixie.

Lightning noticed and the distraction cost her as Twilight punched her down to the ground.

"Stand down Lightning! I don't want to hurt you!" Twilight shouted.

Lightning rubbed her face and flew up at Twilight ready to attack again but Rainbow noticed and reacted by tackling Lightning really hard towards the barn, creating a huge hole.

"Lightning!" Trixie shouted, worried for her marefriend.

"Oh no, Rainbow!" Thunderlane shouted, worried for his own marefriend.

All the ponies went to check on them, they had landed in the hard on the floor floor. Lightning struggled to get up but then felt pain in her wings.

"My wings...what's wrong with my wings?" she attempted to fly but couldn't get off the ground.

"My wings are hurt!" she flapped again but it was too painful for her, "No...no, no, no! this isn't happening!"

She kept trying but she couldn't get off the ground, the pain was immense, "I can't fly!" she did her best to keep flapping, but no results, "I...can't...fly!"

Trixie ran up to her, slighting bleeding a little, but she didn't care, "Lightning..."

"Trixie! I can't fly! My wings hurt! They're really hurt! I can't fly!" Lightning started sobbing, "I CAN'T FLY!"

Lightning Dust had broken down, her wings had been heavily damaged, she can't fly, it's sinking on her, no Wonderbolts.

Trixie hugged Lightning as she sobbed.

"I, CAN'T, FLY!!!!!"

Trixie hugged more as Lightning sobbed, "Is this what you all wanted? For her heart to be broken!?" Trixie gave them each a death glare.

The ponies just stood their in shock as Lightning continued to sob over her wings, it wasn't the pain that upset her, it was the thought of not flying.

Rumble was also upset, he finally got Lightning as his friend, and this happens.

Trixie simply continued to hug Lightning, "Don't worry, Trixie's here for you, she'll never leave you".

Lightning didn't react, other than the tears rolling down her face, the ponies around not sure on what to think. This had really taken a turn for things.

At this point, Applejack had to wonder, was Trixie correct in her assessment that her and the others aren't as friendly as they think they are? Lightning's predicament seems to show that.

Author's Note:

Not being able to fly really sucks if you're a competitive flying Pegasus.