• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 787 Views, 2 Comments

A Quest for Harmony - Doodle Note



Two siblings and their pony get sent on a tireless quest to find five more elements since they have one of them to stop a menacing wizard. Do they have a chance to complete this objective?

  • ...
 2
 787

Chapter 8: The Everfree People

Meanwhile, Kai was floating on a river and stopped at a dock. Which had a three cloaked fillies standing watching Kai. The fillies walked up to Kai and picked him up.

Kai woke up and found himself in some other hut. He turned and saw a blue creature holding a bowl of soup. "Like you're going to make me eat tha-"

The blue creature shoved the rim of the bowl into Kai's mouth forcing him to take a sip. He walks to a water bank to wash the bowl. After the bowl was washed, he stacked it on some used bowls.

Kai looked at the creature and saw that he was with a zebra, a white ape wearing pants, a crab, and three fillies. One yellow with a red mane with a bright red bow in her mane and orange eyes, one white with a purple and pink mane and green eyes, and one orange with a purple mane and purple eyes.

The zebra turned to Kai. "If I wanted you gone, I would've told my apprentices to leave you at the river."

"Thanks." Kai said. "But where am I?"

"This is the Everfree Forest." The blue creature said. "One of the most visited places of Toonera. It is also the most famous places for visits."

"Who are you?" Kai asked.

"My name is Zecora." The zebra said. "These two are my childhood friends, Skips and Eugene Krabs. This blue creature is Bloo. And these little fillies are my apprentices, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo."

"Hey," Kai said to the fillies. "Three of my friends told me about you three. They said you were locked up."

"That's a long story," Apple Bloom added. "But we'll tell you anyway. After that talking pickle has locked us up, we were thinking of a plan to escape. But Zecora, Skips, and Mr. Krabs helped us escape the castle. They even taught us how to fight, save people, and many things we didn't know."

"But do any of you have any friends?" Kai asked.

"Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and I became friends after Plankton locked us up." Sweetie Belle said.

"Zecora, Skips and I were friends since childhood." Mr. Krabs added. "My daughter was one of us. She was a witch. But that Plankton has taken her away."

"I had a friend once." Bloo said. "And lost him."

"How did you lose a friend?" Kai asked.

"My friend was one of the best wizards of history that created me." Bloo explained. "He was talented. A role model. His name was Mac. He was my first friend after he created me. But one day, a tragedy happened. A Sea Mane-iac caught me and tried to drown me. But Mac saved my life and sacrificed himself for me." He takes out a blue gem tied to a piece of brown string. "And all I got was his amulet. I wore it everyday for his memorial. And that's when Zecora found me and took me to her hut."

"Wow." Kai said. "Your friend was so young back then."

"At least he did the right thing to save me." Bloo replied.

"Bloo's not the only one with a crystal." Scootaloo said. "Sweetie Belle got one as well."

"I didn't get my Cutie Mark." Sweetie Belle added. "But Zecora gave it to me. And they say crystals were given from a Crystal Gem."

"Can any of you help me?" Kai asked. "I've had an experience at Plankton's castle and it was not good. My friends are in that castle probably locked up in that dungeon by now. And If I don't make it-"

"We know." Bloo said. "He's going to take over the world and spread darkness everywhere."

"We'll help you with your objective." Skips added.

"But when does his reign start?" Mr. Krabs asked.

"Tomorrow night." Kai answered.

"Tomorrow night!?" The fillies asked in unison.

"We have to go before it's too late!" Mr. Krabs exclaimed. "But when do we leave?"

"We leave now." Zecora said. "We can take my boat."

Kai and the Everfree People went out of the hut and onto Zecora's boat all the way to Plankton's castle.

"So where were you raised?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"I was once raised in a village." Kai explained. "But a dragon destroyed it, and my friends and I grew up in a castle in Canterlot."

"We're on the hunt for Cutie Marks." Scootaloo said. "We call ourselves the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Who we can find our destiny if we have any ideas."

"On the search for your talents?" Kai asked.

"Exactly." Apple Bloom answered. "So you knew my sister?"

"She told me a lot about you, your brother, and your grandmother." Kai explained.

Bloo turned to Mr. Krabs. "How long will we be at Plankton's castle?"

Mr. Krabs checked the map. "Maybe at sunrise."

The sun rose and they finally arrived at the place where Plankton's castle was. They hid in the bushes until someone passes by them. But a changeling caught Sweetie Belle's eye as she pounced on the changeling. The changeling was about to call for help, but the rest pounced on the changeling. The crusaders tied the changeling to a tree.

"Where are my friends?" Kai asked.

"Prison Cell Number 417." The changeling answered in fear.

"Can you write that down?" Bloo asked.

The changeling gives Kai a piece of paper saying which cell the travelers were.

Kai turned and found the same tunnel that he and the others first entered. So he told the Everfree People that they should enter the tunnel. They agreed and entered the tunnel. It was dark, but the light from Bloo's friend's amulet was lighting the way. Kai found the door as he opened it and he and the others entered the dungeon.

"My crystal said that your friends are above us on the next floor of this dungeon." Sweetie Belle said.

Kai looked on his left and found stairs to the next floor.

Meanwhile, the travelers were waiting for Kai to come back.

Jay growled. "I'm so bored! How long have we been here besides last night?"

"Maybe we've been here for seven hours." Rainbow said. "But don't worry. Kai might show up anytime soon."

"Well he better hurry." Patrick replied.

"I know that Plankton's an evil wizard." Twilight added. "But I don't know why he's acting this way."

"I know why." Sandy said. "There was a story about this."

"Can you tell us?" Fluttershy asked.

Sandy told the story. "Plankton was once a friend to Celestia and Luna in childhood. They were great friends that only hung out with each other until the sun sets. But when they grew up, Celestia and Luna became the rulers of Canterlot with the motivation from Plankton. The children played in Celestia's day, and many people gazed at the stars of Luna's night. But Plankton was often ignored and always gets trampled by every single citizen. But that's when Darkness entered his heart and made him bitter and stressed. Luna tried to calm him down, but Plankton brushed her off. But one day, he found a castle on another island filled with the most dangerous threats of Toonera and used a spell to set them free. He knew that who ever sets them free will become their master. And with his new companions, he went back to Canterlot to spread his Darkness there and in every nation of Toonera. Meanwhile, Celestia and Luna were given six gems from a rat named Splinter called the Elements of Harmony. He told the sisters that they stand for six ways of friendship and told them to use them wisely. Plankton returned to Canterlot to get his reign. Celestia tried to make it up to him, but Plankton turned on her. Celestia and Plankton battled, but Celestia didn't have the strength. Luna rushed to Celestia if she was okay. Celestia told Luna to use the elements. And Luna did. And sent Plankton back to the island where he found the castle. And Plankton wasn't their friend anymore. He wasn't a friend to anyone. He caused chaos everywhere in Toonera. And he hired common threats."

"That explains why he's so evil." Mabel said.

"Don't worry, guys." Spongebob said. "While we wait for Kai to get here, I can entertain all of you with a song."

"How is a song going to solve our problem?" Cole asked.

"My mom sang this to me when I was little." Spongebob replied as he got out a guitar and started to sing.

Spongebob finished his song and the rest were smiling.

"That song you sang was wonderful." Fluttershy said as she stood up. "We're getting out of here."

"Leave me behind." Discord replied. "I deserve this."

Fluttershy puts on a stern face looking at Discord. "No you don't. You deserve your freedom back." She grabbed Discord's arm.

"How are we going to get out of here?" Squidward asked.

The travelers tried to push the door down, but Lloyd's hand got burnt by the knob.

"You okay, Buddy?" Rainbow asked.

"The knob burnt me." Lloyd said.

The travelers looked at the door open and saw Kai standing in front of them. "Kai!" They ran out of cell and hugged Kai. Then they turned and saw the Everfree People.

"Apple Bloom?" Applejack asked.

"Scootaloo?" Rainbow asked.

"Sweetie Belle!" Rarity exclaimed as she hugged her long lost little sister. "But I don't understand. You were locked up."

"We escaped." Sweetie Belle said. "But let's finish your mission."

The travelers ran, but Mabel stopped hearing the sound of sobbing.

The rest turned to Mabel.

"Mabel, we got to go!" Cole said.

"I hear something." Mabel added.

Sweetie Belle used her magic to unlock the door as Mabel saw a boy her age sitting in a corner sobbing.

"It's so cold." The boy said.

Mabel heard his voice. It was her lost brother, Dipper. "Dipper?"

The boy stopped sobbing and turned to Mabel. "Mabel?"

Mabel helped Dipper up and saw the state he was in. Messy hair, cut arm, a messy white shirt, messy shorts, and his shoes had holes.

Dipper hugged Mabel. "I thought I'd never see you again."

Mabel smiled and hugged her brother. "Good thing I found you."

"Hello?" Rainbow asked. "The mission?"

Mabel grabbed Dipper's arm and ran to the rest.

"Wait, what's going on?" Dipper asked.

"You'll understand when we get there." Mabel said. "But it's great to see you again."

Author's Note:

Will the travelers defeat Plankton? Or will Plankton's wins become a nightmare?

Find out on the next chapter of A Quest for Harmony!