• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 785 Views, 2 Comments

A Quest for Harmony - Doodle Note



Two siblings and their pony get sent on a tireless quest to find five more elements since they have one of them to stop a menacing wizard. Do they have a chance to complete this objective?

  • ...
 2
 785

Chapter 1: The Quest Begins

Several years have passed, and the trio were having a good time in Canterlot. Kai and Nya were taking combat lessons and were learning about creatures that have been known a long time ago by one of the guards. While Twilight learned to fly and was reading books about pony hybrids, using magic for battle, and wizards and witches. Twilight even got her Cutie Mark when she saved Canterlot from an Ursa Minor. They could've been happier than staying in their new home. But ever since the fall of their village, Kai has been getting dreams involving him, strangers, and forces of evil some nights.

One day, Kai had a dream. He was walking in a castle hallway looking for a way out. But what he heard was sobbing. Kai had no choice but to follow the sound of sadness. He stops at a door and opens it. What he saw was a pink unicorn with a purple mane and magenta eyes. He looked over the unicorn and saw that her leg was chained to a wall. Kai walked up to the unicorn as she grabbed his shirt.

"Help...me." The unicorn said. "It's...a trap." She lets go of Kai's shirt.

Kai backed up as he heard footsteps behind him. He turned and saw a blue unicorn stallion with a mane with two shades of blue and blue eyes, a white earth pony with a white mane and blue eyes, and a blue pegasus with a mane with the shades of the moon and blue eyes.

"Help us." The unicorn stallion pleaded. "Please."

"We don't want to do this anymore." The earth pony said.

"Beware of the evil one." The pegasus warned. "He's after all of us!"

"Evil one?" Kai asked as he heard a laugh behind him. He turned around and saw a monstrous creature with dragon wings and horns. The creature flew to Kai as Kai braced himself. Kai woke up with a jolt and saw himself in his room. He sighs. "It was just another dream." Kai turned and saw Nya and Twilight at his door.

"Did you have another dream?" Nya asked.

"Yeah." Kai said. "But what are you two doing here?"

"Princess Celestia wants to have a word with all of us." Twilight said.

Kai nodded and got out of his bed.

After that, the trio runs to the throne room and saw Celestia and Luna in front of them.

"You called?" Kai asked.

"Yes." Celestia answered. "We've been wanting to tell you about something you have to do for us."

"What is it?" Twilight asked.

"We need you to defeat the most cruelest threat of Toonera." Luna said.

"His name is Plankton." Celestia said. "A very dark wizard. A controller of every threat in this world. A fiend that was once our friend."

"What does he want?" Kai asked.

"His plan is to destroy the balance of harmony and chaos and to take over the world." Luna answered.

"But legend tells of six ponies separated in groups that can defeat the dark wizard with the Elements of Harmony." Celestia said. "Honesty, Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Loyalty, and Magic. And with those elements, those six ponies and their friends can defeat Plankton and save the balance. And you three are one of them."

"So this means Twilight is the Element of Magic?" Kai asked.

"Yes." Luna answered.

"We are sending all of you on a quest to find the other five elements and to defeat Plankton." Celestia said. "Will you save the balance and the world?"

Kai looked at Twilight as Twilight nodded at him to say yes. He turns back to Celestia. "We'll do it."

"I was hoping you would say that." Celestia said as she puts a saddle bag on Twilight's back. "You all must go before it's too late."

"But before you go, you all need to get dressed." Luna demanded.

The trio went to their room to get ready. After they did, they went back to the throne room. Kai was wearing a white shirt, red pants, a leather sash, black shoes and a red cloak. Nya was wearing a blood red crop top, a knee-high pitch black skirt, a necklace with a ruby charm, a brown belt, dark green leggings under her skirt, and purple shoes. And Twilight had her dark blue shoes on each one of her legs.

"We won't let you down." Twilight said.

After that, the trio left the castle and walked into the forest to start their journey. Their first obstacle was a long bridge with a breezie standing guard. Twilight knew she or one of her friends had to give away something very precious, so she gave away a childhood gift from her parents, Smarty Pants. Their next obstacle was an unstable river. Kai was about to pass, but a serpant popped out and helped the trio cross the river. Then they entered a cave. They walked following the path to where the cave was taking them as they stopped seeing two ways going left and right. They didn't know which way is safe, but a giant purple snake told the trio to go left because it was safer. The trio went left and it was a safe path. After they got out of the cave, Twilight looked at the sun and saw it going down. She told the others that they should get some rest, and they both agreed. That night, the trio was fast asleep with a fire glowing in front of them. Everything went smoothly, but Twilight woke up and heard footsteps. She got up and walked to the place where the footsteps were coming from.

Kai woke up as he turned to Twilight and saw her wide awake. "Twilight, what is it?"

"I hear something." Twilight said.

Nya woke up and rubbed her eyes. She finally opened them and saw Kai and Twilight awake and joins them.

The footsteps kept coming as Twilight pounced on the source of the footsteps, a man with red hair wearing a blue shirt strapped with a black leather sash, gray pants, blue shoes, and a white headband.

The man screamed. "Please! D-Don't hurt me! I'm innocent! I swear!"

Twilight puts on a shocked face and got off the man in blue as she turned and saw a pink pony with a mane that's another shade of pink, blue eyes, a black mask-like marking over her eyes, and had two tentacles hanging from her mane with it's color fading to blue on the ends with dark pink dots who was glaring at her.

"Leave my friend alone!" The squid-pony hybrid yelled.

"Sorry," Twilight replied. "I thought he was someone else."

"It's okay." The man in blue said. "Everyone makes mistakes."

"What are someone like you two doing here?" Nya asked.

"Running away from changelings." The squid-pony hybrid answered.

"We understand you, but we need to get some sleep for tomorrow." Twilight said.

Author's Note:

Will the trio find the last five Elements of Harmony? Who are these strangers and why is one of them part squid!?:rainbowhuh: Can that squid-pony hybrid be the Element of Laughter?

Find out on the next chapter of A Quest for Harmony!