• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 583 Views, 4 Comments

The Eternal Night - unicorn724



What happens when Nightmare Moon returns and has Supporters?

  • ...
 4
 583

Chapter 4 (Revised)

(At the Castle of the two Sisters- immediately after Nightmare Moons reveal)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure it was wise to let the ponies go?" Nightmare Moon asked skeptical of her guard's plan.

"Of course. After those six mares go on their feeble search for the elements they will run back to Celestia. Once she knows about their failure she will try to keep to news of this from the rest of her subjects and will hole up in her castle. Plus when she finds out that a guard supports you she will be wary of who to trust within the guard."

"Where are the elements anyway? I always wondered what Celestia did with them after our fight."

"She left them here, surprisingly. After she banished you they rejected her and turned dormant. So nopony can use them now."

"I hate to break it you but they could still be used. Once their wielders find them they should return back to normal. What then?"

"You do not have to worry. I have been watching over the elements since your banishment. we are the only ponies to have come here since Celestia moved to Canterlot. Plus before your release I went to fetch them. And I have them hidden were Celestia and her minions will never find them."

"It seems you have thought of everything. Well, I must ask what happened after I was banished, you look quite different."

"Right after you banishment I turned into an alicorn. I later had the chance to talk to Starswirl and he said that it was because there has to be two alicorns at all times. So I was your replacement until your return"

"What do you mean by 'replacement'?"

"Like I said no matter what happens there must be at least two alicorns so when you were banished the elements chose me to fill in."

"I did not know of this. You said Starswirl told you. How did he know?"

"Starswirl was an alicorn. Its why he lived so long."

"I see," said the black alicorn. “I have something I wish to give. For taking such good care of my ponies during my absence and for all of the planning you have put into my return. I, Nightmare Moon formerly Princess Luna, hereby decree that the Thestral Guard, Shooting Star, will be my second in command holding the titles of Princess of Equestria and General of the nocturnal royal guard." Once the queen finished speaking she touched her horn to Star's and there was a small amount of magic that was transferred between the two

"My Queen, I don't know what to say. Thank you. I just hope that I can repay you."

"Do not worry about repaying me, you have dedicated your life to me and I wished to thank you for taking care of things while I was gone. If there is anything you would like please do not hesitate to ask."

"Well, there is one thing. May I call you Luna like I did before?"

"If that is what you wish, I would be happy to have you call Luna again."

"That is wonderful, now I have something I have been working on that I would like to show you, please follow me."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The crystal caves under Canterlot Castle)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What is all of this," Luna asked looking around the room she was in.

"I have done a lot of preparing for eternal night. I had to make sure the ponies would be able to survive eternal night. I have modified plants too were they only grow with moonlight. All of the plant life outside is growing because of the moonlight."

"Then why are these plants so much larger?"

"These plants have never been in the sunlight, I only take them outside during the full moon, the rest of the time I keep them here. I found a way to produce moonlight in here."

“You created moonlight? That's amazing!" Before Star could explain more a loud boom was heard. "What was that," Luna asked.

"Somepony is looking for me. I made an alarm so that I could get to my post before anypony noticed I was not there. Care to join me, you could act like a new recruit that I have to show around."

"Very well."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Canterlot Castle-Barracks)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lieutenant Stella," somepony called out. Turning to the sound Star found herself facing the captain of the guard, Shining Armor. "Hello captain, is there something I can do for you?"

“What happened at the Celebration?"

"The summer sun celebration?" The captain nodded in response. "I wasn't there sir. Princess Celestia told me I had to show the new recruits around. The princess said shed let you know."

"Well, she didn't. Next time let me if something like this happens. Carry on."

"Yes captain," Lalin saluted.

“Well he is not pleasant," Luna said from beside her. "What was with the different name?"

“I know the captain is an asshole. While I have been in hiding at the castle I use a different name just in case, but I keep them related to your night."

"I like that thank you. So where to first."

Author's Note:

Hey, readers thank you for reading my story. I wanted to say if anyone has any ideas they would like to see in the story feel free to let me, just pm me.