• Published 25th Jul 2015
  • 3,727 Views, 172 Comments

Cafe Dazzling - brzy



The Dazzling's run a restaurant with Anon. The Rainbooms are jerks. They solve mysteries.

  • ...
10
 172
 3,727

Chapter 24

Absolute bedlam reined on the field. The girls watched in relative safety from the stage. Even the Principals and Vice Principals were arguing, Luna pulling on Chrysalis’s beautiful blue hair. Celestia and Discord were wrestling on the ground. As the melee grew, Sunset looked around in alarm. The entire field seemed to be glowing.

“Guys! This whole field is some kind of energy collector! This must have been their plan all along, to sew discord between the schools then harvest the energy!”

Best pony shuddered.

“It feels all wrong though! This… this isn’t Equestrian magic! What has she been doing?!”

“It’s a giant mandala again. She’s using it to siphon the power down through the dungeon dimensions.”

The Dazzlings all stared at Sonata.

“It’s all in my book. She’s using the energy to curry favor with the many angled ones. With their abilities, you can do magic, but at a terrible cost.”

Sonata looked sad then.

“It’s just a story right? The people in the story who do magic the way she is always get sick and…”

Aria looked alarmed. She looked over where Twilight and the Rainbooms were spreading out.

“Twilight! You can’t do this! If you keep this up, you might die!”

“It’s okay Aria! I understand it now! Once I finish this everything will be cool again!”

Twilight’s head tilted back as a dark nothingness engulfed her. Black tendrils appeared from nowhere and everywhere, wrapping her in her Midnight form. Black liquid ichor shot from her back like dark fountains, then dried into feathered wings. A dark jagged horn appeared on her forehead.

Sunset gazed upon Midnight Sparkle in horror.

“Twilight… sweet Celestia what have you done…”

“Aria, hurry! Release your form! Call upon your familiars! This world could be ours…”

Everyone was suddenly distracted by a bound and gagged Pinkie Pie hopping towards the stage.

“Oh my, did they do this to you Pinkie?”

AJ walked up normally behind Ponka.

“Naw, she did that t'herself. We wuz locked in the back of a sorta storage shed. Luckily I woke up and was able break the door down.”

Rarity pulled the gag out of Pinkie’s mouth.

“Really darling, you should keep this little, ahem, hobby of yours behind closed doors. So to speak. How do you expect to find a nice young beau if you ruin your reputation?”

“Well, I expect him to tie me up first then hrphmshphrmn!”

Rarity shoved the gag back in and shook her head. She noticed Anon climbing onto the stage to stand beside the Dazzlings.

“Please do excuse her darling. It’s those dreadful books. Contracts and safe words… all dreadful business that has no place in the proper relationships of boys and girls of quality upbringing.”

She winked at him as she transformed. Black tendrils snaked up her body, covering her in a black one piece dress. It had bare shoulders, a slit down the side of one leg, and a thin silk belt attached by a jeweled clip.