• Published 17th Nov 2011
  • 9,195 Views, 103 Comments

Scootaloo and Dash - lRainbowDashl



Rainbow Dash adopts a homeless Scootaloo

  • ...
9
 103
 9,195

The start of things

Scootaloo and Dash:
A More In-Depth Story

“So you ran away?” said Dash with a sad look on her face. She looked up to see Scootaloo almost crying.

“My parents weren’t nice ponies and I couldn’t stand the thought of being adopted by any lame ponies.”

Dash ran over to one of the many rooms in her huge mansion and started throwing stuff out of it. Picture frames, lamps, empty chip bags, assorted bits of cloud and other random pieces of junk. Scootaloo looked up in confusion. Dash was standing over her, an empty room behind her with just a bed in it. Dash had a smug look on her face.

“How about you stay with me, or at least temporarily? I can’t have you all on your own. Do your friends know that you have no parents?” Dash said to an ashamed Scootaloo.

“No, I don’t have the courage to tell them, they’re all I have Dash; well until you came along.” Dash started blushing.

“Well you’re here now and I think we need to talk to some ponies about this. I’ll contact the school and you tell your friends, sound fair?” Scootaloo looked excitedly at her new room then went and hugged Dash, crying.
“Thank you Rainbow Dash! Thank you so much! Now I don’t have to sleep outside the clubhouse.” At that last remark Dash got a tear in her eye.

“Scoots, no pony should ever have to deal with that and while I’m here, don’t expect that to ever happen again. If you have any problems come straight to me, I’ll always be here for you. Now let’s go and get your stuff in here. Also the terms of you being here is that you need to learn to fly; I can’t keep carrying you like this.” Scootaloo looked embarrassed at that remark.

“Well Dash, I have no Pegasus friends so no one has ever bothered teaching me.” Rainbow Dash thought deeply for a second

“Well I guess I could have a go at it; if you let me I mean.” At that Scootaloo got the biggest smile she had ever had.

“BEST DAY EVER!!!” she said jumping about.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Rainbow Dash dove down through the clouds so fast that to watchers it was like watching a blue blur. A rainbow-trailing blue blur. There may have been a few broken speed records in there, but this is Rainbow Dash. She does this all the time. Coming to a stop mere centimeters off the ground, Dash alighted gently and dropped Scootaloo off just outside the Cutie Mark Crusaders clubhouse.

“Ok Scoots, listen, I’ll pick you up in about 10 minutes. Let me clear some stuff up then I’ll be back.” Applebloom and Sweetie Belle shot the orange Pegasus a confused look.

“What was that?” Said Applebloom, looking puzzled.

“Oh, that’s my new mum” said Scootaloo, Applebloom’s jaw dropped.

“What do you mean Scootaloo?” Scootaloo had a look of shame on her face “Well you see I…. um lied, I ran away from my parents a few months ago when I showed up in Ponyville. All those letters were forged. Rainbow Dash figured it out and questioned me about it so I told her the truth. She said that she can’t stand the thought of me on the streets so she is adopting me, at least for right now.”

Applebloom and Sweetie Bell ran up to their friend and hugged her. “Oh Scootaloo, you don’t need to hide anything from us! We’ll support you no matter what!” said Sweetie Bell

“Well thanks guys,” said Scootaloo. “Well I’d better be off. I have to go and collect my stuff to move into Rainbow’s house. So I’ll see ya later!” At that the orange Pegasus waved goodbye and collected her stuff from the bushes underneath the clubhouse. As she did, a blue blur flew past doing flips and tricks and generally showing off. Of course, it was Rainbow Dash who landed next to Scootaloo looking very proud of herself.

“How was that?” asked Rainbow. Scootaloo just looked to her in amazement.

“Wow Rainbow Dash, you have to teach me how to do that!” as Scootaloo said that Applejack came from the orchard.

“Which one of ya’ll ponies wants some apple pie?” she asked. Upon seeing every pony she looked surprised. “Oh ah’m not interrupting nothing, am ah?” Rainbow Dash looked up at Applejack.

“No, I’m just about to take Scootaloo home.” Applejack nodded, “Want a pie for the journey?” Rainbow Dash shook her head.

“No thanks, we’ll be fine.” Applejack walked past and went up to the clubhouse. Cheers from the other members of the Cutie Mark Crusaders went up as she entered. Scootaloo hopped onto Rainbow Dash’s back. “Rainbow Dash, go really fast!” Said Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash took this as a challenge.

“You got it pipsqueak!” said Dash launching herself into the air. She shot off, leaving a rainbow trail behind her.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

When they got to the mansion Rainbow said “Sorry I can’t stop Scoots, you get your stuff into your room. I’m going to have to go see Twilight about some stuff ok?”

Scootaloo just nodded so Dash took off. When she arrived at the tree house she knocked crazily until Twilight opened to let her friend in. Rainbow jumped on Twilight “Twilight help me! I’ve done something bad!”

Twilight looked confused and shook her blue friend off “Rainbow calm down, What’s up?” Rainbow calmed herself down by taking deep breaths.

“Well you see I adopted Scootaloo” Twilight looked shocked, like her friend had just stabbed her.
“WHAT?” said Twilight.

Rainbow replied quickly, “Well I put two and two together and she has no parents, she ran away because she hated them and didn’t go into adoption because she was scared of getting lame parents so I said she could stay with me. Help me Twilight! I can’t look after a kid, I can barely look after myself!”

At that Twilight looked even more shocked, “Rainbow you are an amazing pony! It was so nice of you to take Scootaloo in. Why are you worried? You’ll be a fine parent. What is it you are specifically worried about?”

“Well you know what happened last time I tried to cook?” Twilight went into deep thought and remembered herself being sick for a week and not getting out of bed. “Ok that isn’t a problem just get food which doesn’t involve cooking. What else?”

“Well, um, Twilight, Scootaloo can’t fly. I mean I can pick her up and drop her off at school but the two problems are: number one; I’m lazy and don’t trust myself to get up at seven o clock every day and number two; what if I can't pick her up for some reason?”

Twilight giggled at her friend. “Oh Rainbow, don’t be so silly! You are the best flier in all of Ponyville! You can teach her, I’m sure of it. Your laziness isn’t an issue either - just get an alarm clock and I'm sure Scootaloo won’t mind waking you up in case you don’t get up yourself!”

“Wow Twilight that was really reassuring. Thanks. If I need anything can I pop by?” asked Rainbow Dash, who looked a lot more composed now.

“Any time!” said Twilight, who went back to her reading. As she did Spike came round the corner.

“Did I just hear that right?” Said Spike.

Twilight just giggled, “She will be fine.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As Rainbow Dash closed the door she smacked into a blue pony in a dark blue outfit.

“Oh, I'm so-” As Rainbow Dash said that she gasped. In front of her was her idol! It was Soarin’ the Wonderbolt.

“Oh wow. Hey your name is Dash isn’t it?” said Soarin’ in a calm, relaxed tone.

Rainbow Dash’s head was a jumble of thoughts, foremost being ‘Ohmygosh he knows my name EEK!!!’

Soarin’ just looked at the day dreaming pony who was looking very excited. “Uh hello?”

Rainbow Dash quickly snapped out of it. “Oh yeah that is my name, heh. What are you doing in Ponyville?” said Dash trying to act relaxed.

“I just bought a place. I came into town to get some food but the store was closed” said Soarin’ looking disappointed.

“Why don’t you come back with me? I got some food. I can cook you some if you want” then Dash thought to herself ‘Oh no I can’t cook! Oh well Dash just play it cool.’ She put on a fake smile.

“Wow that sounds really cool! Since you won the Best Young Flier’s competition, how do you feel about a race?” said Soarin’ looking very confident.

Rainbow looked at him in disbelief. “You want to race with me?” she said in a shocked tone.

“Why not?” said Soarin’ “You too chicken?” Soarin’ challenged, winding up the younger mare.

“Oh you’re on!” said Rainbow Dash. As she said it the blue stallion shot off.

“Hey!” said Dash who took off soon after, zooming after him, trying to keep up.

The blue stallion looked behind him, she was nowhere in sight so he slowed down wondering where to go. As he slowed he saw a cyan blur zoom past.

“It’s this way!” shouted Rainbow, who very soon after had a fast pursuer.

They were both neck and neck in the race as they crashed into the cloud together, Soarin’ on top of Rainbow Dash. They both started laughing.

“Ha! I obviously won,” said Rainbow Dash looking at the pony who was now sitting next to her.

Scootaloo came running outside. “Wow Dash that was really cool! Oh my gosh. Is that who I think it is?!”

Soarin’ started to blush. “Hey kiddo, wassup?”

Scootaloo looked up at him. “Wow! You’re Soarin’ right?”

“Yeah that’s me. Dash shall we go inside?” said Soarin’ looking hopeful.

“Yeah, I’ll see what we got inside” said Dash, worrying about not being able to cook.
All three of them trotted inside to the kitchen.

“Um, let’s see... Scoots you got any ideas on what you want?” Scootaloo sat up at the cloud counter.
“Um how about some pie?” Scootaloo said hoping the answer was yes.

At that remark Soarin’s green eyes widened. “PIE?! Wow I love pie! Do you have any?” said Soarin’ excitedly.
Dash face-hoofed 'Why didn’t I take that pie from Applejack?!’ she thought to herself.

“Um, I know where I can get one! Just wait here I will be back in a bit!” said Rainbow Dash who zoomed out the door, down towards Sweet Apple Acres.

She knocked on the door quickly.

“Applejack I need your help! I need three pies ASAP! This is really important!!” Yelled Rainbow Dash.

“Alright, just hold on a second sugar cube.” Applejack appeared shortly after holding three fresh pies. Rainbow Dash grabbed them quickly “Thanks Applejack you’re a lifesaver!” As she said that she shot back up to her mansion.

As she got back to the kitchen she saw Soarin’ and Scootaloo playing Scrabble on the floor in the dining room. To her surprise Scootaloo was destroying Soarin’ at the game. This made Rainbow Dash chuckle.
“Dinner is served!” said Rainbow Dash putting the pies on the kitchen table.

To be continued.