• Published 27th Jul 2015
  • 5,663 Views, 73 Comments

Gems of Power - WezzaHD



One's a boxer who puts too much effort into her hobby, another is a smartarse with a tendency of getting into heated arguements while the third is a depressed cynic. Regardless, each are forced to become heroes in the bodies of villains

  • ...
15
 73
 5,663

The discussion

Trying their best to ignore what had just happened with Ken and Revaan, they headed back to the Crystal Empire in what was the most awkward two hours ever and met up with Shining and Cadence. They made their way to the castle, entering a lovely room through two black doors standing tall above them, a quarter- circle window pane on each. The room had a dozen crystal pillars surrounding them as well as a window stretching as far up as the ceiling letting in the light. Lovely bright lavender curtains were carefully placed on each, flapping like wings in the mild wind. The room would've been completely empty had it not been for the round dark turquoise table in the middle, planting its legs a big red rug which all the poniestook their seats on, while most of the gems chose to stand.

"Okay, now that we are all here we can begin." Celestia stated. ""Alright. Now Twilight has told us about what happened but I'd also like to hear it from you, so what exactly happened at the Crystal Empire?" The gems each took turns explaining what happened, from being controlled by Sombra, to resurfacing with the empire. They spoke of the battle, and how the Crystal Gems only remembered bits and pieces of it.

"And none of you remember anything crucial about the Empire or Sombra? At all?" Celestia frowned.

"I'm sorry, Sombra sealed our memories like all the others." Jasper crossed her arms and shook her head. "Anything we might've known is locked away somewhere in our minds. The princesses turned to their old friends in hope of having something, anything about the secrets of the empire of the former King Sombra.

"And Sombra didn't mention anything around you three?"

"If he did, then I'm afraid we don't remember dude. Hey Garnet, why don't we get something to eat after this? I'd ask you too P, but I don't think you'd be comfortable with eating anymore."

"Now just because I became Pearl it doesn't mean I can't still enjoy food." The tall skinny gem retorted.

"Anyway." Luna cleared her throat, getting the attention of the gems. "You said that there was nothing you knew about Sombra?"

"Sorry but no." Garnet shook her head, keeping a stoic face.

"Then it appears that we're still very much in the dark about all of this." Celestia said. "We still know next to nothing about Sombra or how a unicorn like that got so powerful, even Hope didn't know."

"Did anypony else help you defeat him besides the the ones I know of?" Luna questioned.

"Yes." Garnet said. "Two new friends of ours known as Zinnia and Ace."

"Could the six of you leave the room for a moment? We would like to discuss this with Cadence and Shining Armour." Luna said, and they all left the room momentarily. Once they closed the door, Celestia and Luna turned back to the new rulers of the Empire.

"I don't know what to do." Celestia sighed. "They're an enigma; I know next to nothing about Gems and I've just learned about these 'Displaced'."

"The Crystal Gems were, and still are, our friends who helped us when we, and more so the empire, needed it most. However, Sombra's gems were part of the reason we needed that help in the first place. We might've been able to stop Sombra sooner and maybe even save he empire before it got cursed and sealed away."

"Perhaps Princess Luna, but-"

"You do not need to refer to us with our titles, Cadence." Luna interrupted.

"Very well Luna, but who knows how long it might've really taken, or if the Crystal Empire could've been saved from its fate early on. We may never truly know and we can hardly blame them as much when under Sombra's manipulation."

"True, but there was a time when they weren't under the control of his spell, with their free will intact. It was even intact when we first met the Crystal Gems. All that slavery and abuse was happening right next to them and they didn't even notice."

"We can't be sure of that either, maybe there's still more to them." Lulu wand Celestia paused for a moment, before giving the other co- rulers there preposition.

"We had planned to take them back to Canterlot for study, or possibly to Ponyville for Twilight to research, but based on what you two have seen, what do you propose we do with them?" Cadence and Shining looked at each other with a momentary silence, before the former finally spoke.

"We thought that they would be able to stay here, and we could make them guards for the Crystal Empire." Cadence explained. "They are all used to it after all."

"And we could keep an eye on them, since they would be close." Shining continued.

"I see." Luna nodded. "And do you believe that they are trustworthy?"

"They could've left anytime after Sombra was defeated, but they chose to stay and help clean up. Heck, they didn't even try to escape during the actual attack."

"Hmmm... Bring them in here." Celestia said, with a nod.


"Okay, you three can come in now." The gems raised their heads to see Cadence smiling with the door open. They each looked at each other with clear uncertainty on their face before walking in to see the three alicorns and one unicorn looking at them.

"We have come to a decision. We have all decided that you will all be appointed as guards for the Crystal Empire, or at the very least honorary guards." Luna began.

"You will be given a guard schedule soon and I will oversee any training you might need." Shining continued. "But we must inform you that some of you will be under watch."

"For now, you each may have the rest of the day to yourselves, but Luna and I would like to catch up with our old friends." Celestia smiled. As the Crystal Gems left with Celestia and Luna, the Homeworld Gems stood there with Cadence and Shining Armour.

"Thank you for your time, but we'll be retreating to our rooms for now." Peridot said, rubbing her right arm in discomfort and the married couple simply nodded in response.


Jasper opened the door to their room and they each stepped in. Lapis lay down on her bed, Jasper leaned against the wall next to hers, while Peridot simply say on the side, scrolling through the Internet.

"We're guards now, huh?"

"I suppose we are, Peri." Jasper said, staring at the ceiling.

"Do you think we'll be able to do it?"

"No real way of saying, I'm not smart like you."

"I'm worried, Jasper. Essentially, we're doing the same job as we were over 1,000 years ago. Don't you think the Crystal Ponies will be a little... Unhappy to say the least that we'll be in the same position?"

"Shit, yeah." Jasper sighed.

"They won't trust us Jasper, and what if we can't protect them in the first place? We couldn't beat Sombra without the help of Zinnia and Ace."

"Peri, we've held our own against both Celestia and Luna, and we've been able to hide for a millennium. Besides, Zinnia said to just give them time to warm up to us, so let's be patient." Peridot stared at Jasper for a moment, before letting out a chuckle.

"When did Jasper suddenly become the positive one?" She started laughing a bit louder while the orange gem just stood there for a moment before beginning to laugh herself. Even Lapis joined in. All three of them simply sat in their room and laughed.

Author's Note:

Aaand another chapter. I know a lot didn't really happen, but I plan to have a bit more action in the next few chapters.