• Published 26th Jul 2015
  • 203 Views, 9 Comments

To Nopony in Particular - Sir Squiggles



I don't have long to live. Honestly, I'm pretty surprised that I've lasted this long, especially on my own. But it doesn't matter. In a few weeks, maybe even a few days, I'll be dead. Nopony survives long in the Badlands. Nopony.

  • ...
3
 9
 203

Day 3

Good news and bad news.

Good news is the fire went out last night!

Bad news is the fire went out last night.

It died out much sooner than I expected. I was thinking it would last at least a couple more days, maybe even a week, given all the firewood lying about. Honestly, I thought the fire would get me before the creatures would, which is why I spent all that time moving food. I did, by the way, happen to move quite a bit of it; just over three crates-full. How's that for efficiency?

Unfortunately, all that food is again in the room with the massive hole in it, so I DEFINITELY cannot live there. Also, I feel as though the galley is not the safest place either, given all the food, including myself, residing in it. So, I've decided that I have no other choice: I have to go out to the Badlands.

I know, it sounds like the worst idea I've had yet. I'm certainly not going to be able to get very far what with my bum leg, and I'm not going to have enough food or water for an extended stay. Plus, I don't know the land at all, but my best guess is that it's going to be extremely rocky. On top of all that, I have absolutely no idea what to expect out there. Again, Badland's creatures have never been documented, so I'm not sure exactly what scary monsters I'm going to be up against.

But in my opinion, it's a much better plan than staying in the galley, waiting to become some wild beast's brunch. I have no intention of going too far, and I plan to keep the shipwreck in sight. That way, I only have to take enough food and water with me to keep me alive for a day or two, plus some extra for emergency comfort food. Also, the terrain isn't entirely new to me. I have been able to get a pretty decent view of the land from the gap in the hull, and it looks like there are a some hills to the east, maybe about a quarter of a mile. If my memory serves me correctly, many of the hills in this area of the Badlands are riddled with small caves. If I can find one that's pony-sized and not pony-devouring-monster-sized, I should be in pretty good shape.

So yes, my faithful fake readers, against your wishes, pleads, and logical arguments, I am going to leave the Resilient. It may sound insane, but it's currently my best chance of survival. I've already packed a bag, so there's no use in trying to stop me. Well, if you existed that is.

Currently, I would say its somewhere between nine and ten in the morning. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that I should get there in about three to four hours, if I can limp quickly enough. I'd better get moving.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the shortness as well as the delay. I really should be more on top of this... :facehoof:

Anyways, it's currently 12:11 am where I'm at, so I'm sure this chapter is riddled with mistakes. Lemme know if you see anything that needs to be fixed!