• Published 21st Jul 2015
  • 381 Views, 5 Comments

Guardian Of Darkness - giantpepsi44



Resulting from a supernatural storm, a dark stallion is introduced to the lives of the ponies of equestria. But everything is not as it seems, for this pony will have to fight to defend the very forces equestrians aim to destroy.

  • ...
 5
 381

Ch.1, Strange New World

Author's Note:

Just to inform you so it isn't weird, the last chapter was from a third person view of the main six. Now, it is first person from the new pony. I put this at the start so the change of writing and such does not confuse you. Thanks guys, enjoy :)

"Where...Where am I?" I asked the shadows but no one appeared to of heard me. My bones were numb and I didn't seem to be able to move. Mist swirled around me and through it, I saw the outline of a desolate castle that appeared to be in the midst of destruction. The roof of the towers that surrounded it were blown off, smoke bellowed from the court yards and the fields surrounding it were filled with fallen ponies in golden and white armour. Voices were bellowing from the castle, followed by an explosion causing a wave of panic to ripple through the palace.

"Stand fast," A women's voice boomed through the valley, the screams continued and a draw bridge began to lower. Ponies charged out in terror as a volley of nightmare like forces trailed them. "Do not run, stand strong and we can face them together," The female voice boomed once more. Her voice echoed across the field, although no one listened. Suddenly, My view flew across the field to the peak of the highest towers surrounding the castle. Nothing stood there, all I saw was a pool of darkness like a mirror, watching over the battle below. I stared into it for a while, expecting to see some sort of vision to appear inside. The sound of clashing blades, screaming ponies and strong winds bellowed throughout the area. My form began to melt into the pool of darkness. I gripped onto the sides of the tower, but the force below was to strong. I peered down and could almost make out a figure looking at me with closed eyes.

"Come to me, embrace your mistress and help me rise. These people have never done anything for you, so why should you help them. Join me, and together we can rule this world," The voice spoke. The voice was sharp, almost metallic but it clearly wasn't like any pony I had heard before. Whenever the voice spoke, shivers travelled down my spine causing fear to wash over me. Whatever it meant by "embrace," I didn't want to find out. I kept pushing away from it, but every time I struggled, the grip tightened, squeezing the air out of my lungs. The darkness rose to my neck and before I could even realise, I was engulfed by darkness...

Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep

What the hell is that? I pinpointed the source of the noise to the right of me. I couldn't open my eyes just yet, but it became increasingly irritating.

"I think he is awake," a voice said in front of me. The voice startled me and I almost jumped out of my skin, my eyes shot open and around me were five very concerned faces. Suddenly, two more ponies charged in through the door slightly breathless. One appeared to be an orange mare with a yellow mane, she wore a cowboy hat and had three red apples on flank. Following her was a grey stallion with a small blue tie and spiky brown hair. He wore a black waist coat and stood proud and tall.

"Ah, well I see you're awake. Time for you to answer some questions for me," The Stallion said.

"Who...who are you. Where am I?" I asked frantically. The beeping sound began to go crazy next to me as I struggled to escape the room and their powerful stares. I began to feel claustrophobic in the bed, in my clothes, in myself. I didn't know who the people were around me, I didn't know where I was, I didn't even know who I was. I attempted to remember anything from my past, but my mind was empty.

"What is your name?" he asked me first off. A wave of relief shot through me for this was a question I knew the answer to.

"Kalacos," I stated. He gave me a strange look. The others around me looked at each other in confusion and began shrugging.

"That's a peculiar name. Where are you from?" he questioned me further. My heart dropped hearing this, it felt like a part of me was missing.

"I don't know," I admitted and hung my head in shame. "I don't remember anything." The others looked concerned and gave me sorrowful looks,the doctor only nodded in reply.

"That doesn't surprise me much to be honest. You fractured your skull and rattled your brain a little. Short term amnesia, shouldn't last long until your memory's start coming back but you will get frequent headaches. If you begin to feel nauseous or light headed please come back and tell me," he explained. It was a lot to take in at that moment, but some hope began to flow through me.

"Ok, so where will I stay till then?" I asked. All of the Mare's in front of me peered at the doctor who gave me a sorrowful look.

"I'm sorry, I don't know. You cant stay here, we are quite busy at the moment," he explained. I lowered my head and felt like I was going to cry.

"I have a barn that you can sleep in for a few days if ya want?" She explained.


"Are you serious? You'll do that even though you don't know me?" I asked. She shrugged off the question like it wasn't much of a big deal.

"Heck, if you are willing to help me out around the farm then you can stay in the barn for as long as possible," She replied. I smiled at her not knowing how to reply to such a kind remark.

"Well, now that, that is sorted, I guess I can inform you about your condition. You have minor internal bleeding, and whatever bones that appeared to of been broken earlier... have decreased almost to a fracture in a few hours. It appears that I know as much about you then you know about yourself. But you are a strange stallion Kalacos, and a lucky one at that," he explained. I attempted to get out of bed and stand up, but a flare of pain shot through my chest.

"Oh, I also forgot to mention you have bruised ribs which should bug you for a while," he stated. I groaned.

"Thanks for the warning," I stated in annoyance. I managed to rise from my bed, but my vision became blurry. I managed to keep my balance but I thought I was going to throw up.

"Woo there, try not to fall over now," the blue pony said, keeping me on balance. I turned, and realised that I didn't even know who all of them were. The Purple mare must of picked up on my thoughts because she cleared her throat.

"We must of forgot to greet our selves. I am Twilight Sparkle," she said. "This is Rarity," she explained pointing at a white Mare with elegant, purple flowing hair. "And this is Pinkie Pie." She pointed at the pink Mare with Pink, poufy hair. "This is Fluttershy, the girl who found you." She pointed to a Yellow Mare with a Pink mane who allowed her mane to cover half her face. "This is Rainbow Dash." She pointed at the Cyan blue pony with a rainbow coloured mane who puffed her chest out after the mention of her name. "And finally, this is Apple Jack." I greeted all of them before following them out of the hospital.

Exiting, I saw the sunset across the horizon, leaving an orange glow all the way across the sky. I stared at the sky in awe, something about the way the darkness began to overlap the light enticed me. I stayed still for a second to get my bearings. The town looked nice enough, small, ponies greeting each other hear and there and many were now closing up shop for the night. The others in front of me stopped to and looked at me, wondering what I was waiting for.

"Sorry... I was trying to see if I could remember this place<" I explained. They all stared at me, until their face softened in sorrow.

"I should probably head back to my cottage now, I told spike I wouldn't be long so he may start to get worried," twilight explained. I looked at her in confusion. She turned to me, and it seemed like she was to tired to explain who spike was. All the girls said their good nights and went their separate ways. Applejack issued me to follow her, and we followed a trail the led just out of Ponyville in uncomfortable silence.

Upon arrival, the farm seemed quite beautiful. Apple tree's lined the back of the fields. Crops spread across the filled and fertilised land were getting ready to be planted. He followed Applejack to a barn near a big red house, She opened the door and stepped inside. The Barn appeared quite cosy. It was small and had multiple stacks of hay spread around the floor. There were two floors to the barn, although the top one was smaller and was made out of older wood.

"We haven't used this place in a while, other then storage so it may be a little unstable in places so watch yourself. You can pile some hay together and I can fetch you a blanket from the house. I know it aint much but, its better then nothing," Applejack explained. I looked around and smiled.

"Its perfect. Thank you so much Applejack, for everything," I said with a smile.

"Oh shucks, its nothing. But you are gonna have to do something to help around the farm to earn your place. I'll introduce you to the rest of the family tomorrow," She said. I nodded and walked up. I laid out some of the hay and fell on top of it. My eyes began to close on contact. "Well, ill let you get some rest, see you tomorrow Kalacos," She said.

"Yes, good night. Thank you again," I explained. She nodded and exited the barn. I turned around and saw a window behind me. The sky was pitch black and the stars dotted the sky. The darkness comforted me, made me stronger. I closed my eyes and relaxed until sleep finally greeted me.