• Published 21st Jul 2015
  • 382 Views, 5 Comments

Guardian Of Darkness - giantpepsi44



Resulting from a supernatural storm, a dark stallion is introduced to the lives of the ponies of equestria. But everything is not as it seems, for this pony will have to fight to defend the very forces equestrians aim to destroy.

  • ...
 5
 382

Ch. 2, Dreams And Darkness.

After the day I had, all I wanted was a good night sleep, but nightmares haunted my slumber..

My eyes fluttered open and I appeared to be standing in some sort of arena. The sound of cheering roared in the sky as I looked around from the centre of the ring. Searching more thoroughly, my eyes landed upon a larger, open area in the centre of the viewing points. Inside, I saw four figures all standing around each other and looking down at where I was perched in the ring intensely. One was wearing a set of warriors armour, but it appeared to be far more powerful then regular, almost like an officer piece. The two stood next to her appeared to be a couple. They both wore some sort of crown and stood proud and above everyone else in the crowd. Lastly, next to the two leaders was a small mare with elegant hair wearing a smaller crown to the other two. She smiled down at the arena, directed at me and said something to her mother.

"KALACOS!" The female wearing the Commander armour shouted across the arena. When the name was spoken, the whole area erupted in even louder cheers. "ARE YOU READY?" I nodded. I realised I had no control of my movements.

Was this a memory? The sound of gridding metal boomed through the barren fields in the centre. Turning, I saw a gate slowly opening at the opposite end of the arena. Firstly, I couldn't believe how large the place was that I was standing in and Secondly, how high the gate towered above me. It was pure golden with a symbol in the middle of it of two sets of wings with a Mare and Stallions necked interlocked around one another's It was elegant, but at the same time extremely powerful.

ROARRRRRR!!!!!

A monstrous sound boomed from inside the gate and as I looked closer, I saw the monstrosity emerging from the shadows. The beast would easily be able to pick up a cottage and hurl it a hundred yards with one arm. Its face resembled a demon with horns and fangs for teeth, but the most noticeable thing was its giant belly and the fact that every time it stepped forward, the ground shook around me launching dust and rubble into the sky,

My body took over once again and I charged towards some sort of weapon rack that was behind me. I couldn't believe what I saw: Swords, spears, tridents, nets, personal cannons and the list goes on! From the rack, I retrieved a net which I flung over my flank, and I trident which hovered in front of me surrounded by a dark glow. The beast approached me but my body wouldn't move and forced me to observe the weapons rack some more until it was right above me. As the beast got ready to bite me in half with its giant fangs, I darted out of the way and ran for the nearest fang which was now embedded in the ground. I swiped the Trident in an arch motion cutting the giant tooth off and the beast to retract in pain. The crowed roared in applause as I made my way towards his two legs but as I got through, I launched the net off my back and somehow magically tied it around his legs. When the beast attempted to turn to face me, he toppled over and face planted the ground leaving a giant crater in his wake. I didn't have time to worship myself, because once again, I was on the move. Charging up his legs and landing on his body, the crowd went silent and let loose a swarm of chatter. I had arrived at his neck but before I could reach his head, the beast lurched back up almost causing me to topple off and back to the ground. The crowd let loose volleys of cheers once more as I struggled to stay alive. I embedded my trident into his neck and laid on top of it to keep my balance. Looking down in horror, I saw how high up I now was, as the beast regained his balance. I was above the wall, which gave me an insight to the area that I was in.

The surrounding area was beautiful, Giant towers stretching as far as the eye can see with strange, majestic creatures exiting and entering holes on the side of them. Underneath the giant arena appeared to be a small market where young fillies danced with bows in the mouth around a pole whilst mares and stallions watched in awe with baskets of bread and fruit from a peculiar looking stand at the end of the road. They appeared to be celebrating something, but right now Kalacos had no idea what he could celebrate. I regained my balance and tight roped across the trident. With my magic, I pushed it further and further into the monsters neck causing him to lower his head in agony. I used this opportunity to retract my trident and charge up the narrow slope which lead to a clear opening of his soft fore head. For a second I stood there with my trident surrounded by magic and raised high above the base of his head and looked towards the open area in the crowd. My attention was focused on the stallion with the crown, where he was now stood up against two different bells to the right of him. He rung the left one and the crowd went silent. I returned my attention back to the monster and impaled the beast straight through his skull There was a momentary cry from the beast but to only have it cut off abruptly when the tridents tip made contact with his brain. The beast began to sway at which I turned and charged towards his neck and began riding it like a slide down his body as he approached the ground. When I landed, I trotted away modestly towards the centre of the arena as the beast collided with ground once again, but this time, laid motionless. The crowd applauded and started cheering so loud it would make the monster jealous. The women in golden and white armour looked at me pleased and whispered something to the stallion who rung the bell. He stood tall and proud and when he did, the whole crowd silenced in respect for the man.

BOOM!!!

Before he could say anything, an explosion sounded in the centre of the town. Screams polluted the air and the soldiers in the arena took up arms and ran out of the door. The ponies in the top row looked over the walls in horror at something that was clearly not pleasant took place in the market. Some charged down the stadium screaming causing others to follow them in a wave of panic, as they attempted to flee for their lives.

"SCOUTS WHAT DO YOU SEE," the women shouted again.

"I DONT KNOW MAM... I don't know," one of the guards at the top of the wall stuttered. The women turned to me and issued me to follow as she escorted the royals out of the arena. I was about to make my way towards them when a green force grabbed my flank and began to pull me back. I turned and saw a stallion standing behind me, laughing as he pulled me closer and closer. I turned to the side and saw the weapon rack from which I grabbed a sword with my magic and sliced at the green sludge that had hold of me. The tentacle like shape retracted, but it soon launched back out. Before it could even touch me, I stepped to the side, held out my sword and swiped it through the centre. A chilling screech erupted from the creature as it fumbled around on the ground in front of me, before melting in a pool of green. The stallion in front of me looked at me in shock, before grinning and laughing.

"Oh Kalacos, you're better then they said you were," he said and slowly approached me.

"Who's they?" I ordered, but he only laughed and used his magic to unsheathe a sword of his own.

"You don't remember. Oh of course, Celestia wouldn't want you to remember that far back, may bring back old... nightmares," he explained laughing. I looked at him with confusion but before he could reply, he swiped at me only giving me enough time to will my magic into a defensive spell. I pushed him backwards with a gust of wind and charged forward attempting to impale where he moved out the way and gave me a clean slice to my head. I groaned in pain and stumbled away from him trying to stop my front hooves from collapsing in front of me. He approached once more but before I could do anything, he hit me with the butt of his sword and laughed calmly as he wielded his magic to slice me in multiple directions.

"Oh come on Kalacos, let your true self out, I wanna see it. I didn't come all this way just to kill you," he said. He gave me a quick swipe to the jaw causing a thrilling pain to explode in my body. Could of fooled me

"KALACOS," a female voice shouted behind me. The women in golden and white armour stood there and flung a spear which grazed the stallion's shoulder, he looked at her in rage. Suddenly, her throat was surrounded by a green ring and she was lifted into the sky. Before he could hurt her more, I sliced at his legs from which he retracted in pain and flung her out of the arena in a screaming projectile.

"NOOOOOO," I shouted after her as she flew out of sight and the stallion giggled manically. Strength returned to me, my armour began to melt off of my body in a pool of darkness. My vision became increasingly red and the air around me grew colder as I got back to my hooves and approached him slowly. He looked at me pleased.

"Now how difficult was that Kalacos," he said. I didn't reply, I was blinded by rage at this point. He stopped laughing and swiped his hand attempting to knock me away with the same green lasso he had used on the mare. The mist bounced harmlessly off me from which I charged closer towards him and used my front two legs to hold him up as I began to hoover. He looked at me terrified as a hole exploded in the side of the arena.

"You don't have to do that Kalacos," he pleaded whilst attempting to squirm out of my tight grip.

"Yes I do, now lets so how you feel when you begin to fall," I said. I was about to drop him when suddenly.

"Yes, Kalacos, but lets see how you like instead," a chilling voice sounded behind me. My spine began to tingle and as I turned around, I saw the same dark mirage from my previous dream. Before I could react, a powerful gust of wind launched me out into a monstrous storm and whisked me away from the palace.

The last thing I saw was my sight begging to return to normal and the storm carried me further and further away until finally.. darkness

Author's Note:

Hey guys, sorry if my chapters are quite short, they will get longer when my writing is improved but I hope you enjoyed anyway :). I also want to thank Elric Of Melnipony individually for pointing at the fatal flaw I made :P. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy and keep on pointing out everything bad about my writing so I can keep on improving. Thanks guys :)