• Published 15th Mar 2016
  • 2,055 Views, 23 Comments

A Lost Soul in The Real World - TasteTheSun



Time had passed since the events in Canterlot, but now, certain evils to take back what's theirs. Who will prevail and who will fall?

  • ...
4
 23
 2,055

Prologue

Sunlight cascaded across the sky in beautiful reds and oranges as it dipped below the horizon, making way for the moon rising in the east.

The streets of Ponyville were empty, which was strange considering the fact that this was a city that never rests. No pony was in sight, all except for one mare.

Trotting down the pavement, Twilight Sparkle looked around the abandoned city, wondering where every pony had gone.

"Hello?" she called out, but there was no reply.

In the corner of her eye, she noticed a light in the distant. Slowly she approached it, moving in between buildings until she reached the town square.

Just outside of the town hall was a large crowd of ponies holding torches and pitchforks. All of them were staring at her menacingly.

"What's going on here?" she asked, to which a pony in the crowd called out "GET HER," and all of them came towards her with murder in their eyes.

Without hesitating, Twilight unfolded her wings and took off into the sky, only to come to a sudden halt. She found that she could not move her wings, let alone her entire body. Darting her eyes around, she saw several unicorns had subdued her with their magic, rendering her immobile.

They levitated her atop a large platform, where several others were waiting, holding bats, clubs, and metal pipes.

Releasing their grip on her, Twilight fell on the platform with a loud clunk. She tried to stand, but one of the ponies swung their bat, hitting her right on her hind leg. She let out a yelp as she stumbled to the ground. The others on the platform laughed as another swung his pipe on her other leg. She cried out in agony as the crowd cheered.

"AAAAAAHHH!!! WHHYYYY!!!" she cried.

One by one, she would receive a blow somewhere on her body. It wasn't until a voice called out demanding them to stop.

Twilight felt relief wash over her as she lay there battered and broken. Tears rolled down her eyes, mixing with the blood on her face.

"Enough, I'll take it from here."

There it was again. That voice that sounded very familiar. When she tried to raise her head, pain shot through her entire body, making her fall back down.

One pony approached the injured princess and leaned closer to her ear.

"The pain is unbearable, isn’t it?" she whispered with an evil grin on her face.

Peering through the corner of her eye, Twilight could not believe who it was. She was staring at herself! But it wasn't her, the irises in her eyes were glowing red.

Looking down at her injured self, Twilight's doppelganger turned towards the crowd below.

"Behold every pony, for I, Princess Twilight Sparkle, have brought before you the mare that troubled and destroyed your lives in over a thousand years. Behold, Princess Black Iron!"

Twilight was shocked at hearing that. When she looked down upon herself, she saw that she wore armor as dark as night. It was in very bad shape. It had dents, scorch marks, and was torn to shreds with blood trickling out.

She refused to believe this was happening. She wasn't the mare she used to be, the mare that was standing right next to her taking her place.

Or was she?

Suddenly, several stallions came to pick her up, holding her underneath her shoulders. She bit her lip, trying to hold back the pain that was going through her. Her head dangled as she stared at the wooden floorboards.

"We shall be relieved of this burden. Let her blood fall upon you and your foals!" The double announced as she brought her hoof to Twilight, lifting her head at eye level so that the ponies below could see her face.

Twilight stared out at the angry faces staring back. It horrified her seeing the faces that wanted her dead. Amongst the crowd, she did notice one particular pony that stood out slightly from the rest. She was wearing a black cloak. Her blue eyes shimmered within, and her flowing mane was peeking out.

Before she could make out whom that pony was, her imposter spun her around, meeting face to face.

"Are you ready to pay for those crimes you've committed?"

"But it wasn't-"

"SILENCE!"

Twilight was cut off, unable to finish her sentence. She saw her double form a magical dagger and levitated it closer to her neck.

She stared back with horror as death loomed over her. The dagger touched her neck and began to dig into her skin.

"Say goodbye, princess."

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"

•••

Questions, Comments, Complements,
Any errors are accepted, there's always room for improvement!
Be sure to like and follow me both here and Twitter (@Pony3T)