• Published 19th Jul 2015
  • 1,159 Views, 73 Comments

My Little Pony: Secrets of the Kitsune tribes - OtakuBrony47



After Fluttershy cares for and raises for a baby fox-like creature, it decides to set out to find his true identity. But he's in for a surprise when he finds out he isn't the only member of his species.

  • ...
20
 73
 1,159

Chapter: Nine. Twilight's Discover. A short Chapter.

Meanwhile in Twilight’s castle library, Twilight eagerly awaited for the return of her best friend, to see if she was able to learn something. However, her words got her thinking. “So, Discord knows something about Rocky, eh?” she said to herself. “Hmm, I’m sure I may have a book in my castle library that may be able to help me” she deliberated. Twilight got up from the chair she was sitting on, and began searching through her library for something of use.

As she searched each shelf, she could find something that could help. She had gone through the ancient history section, the foreign books section, and animals. Finally Twilight was searching through the Myths and Legends section.

“Hmm. Come on” said Twilight with irritation, “There can’t be no record of his kind’s existence” she though.

Twilight was walking down, using her magic to pull the books off the shelfs and read each title out loud, trying to find one that looked like something useful. She was having, no luck. And she had almost gone through ever book in the Myths and Legends section.

“Hmm, Fluffle Puffs? No! Heroes of Griffonstone? No! My Alicorn Rewards discount card, wait, WHAT! I thought I lost this! Hmm, Legend of the Dovahkin? No! The Modern Translation of the Friendship Scrolls?”

Just as Twilight had given up hope, she had finally found a book that she thought might help her. It was a hard cover book that read, Edo. As Twilight slowly help the book up to her face she noticed that on the front cover of the book was a picture of a foxlike creature similar to what Rocky is. Twilight slowly smiled.

“That’s it!” exclaimed Twilight, “This just might help!”

Twilight hopped and skipped with joy. She then made her way to a table so she can read the book. She slowly sat down on a chair, and opened the book to the first page. Twilight slowly cleared her throat and began to read:

Edo. Page One. Edo is an island off the coast from the lands of Cyrodiil. The native in habitants of Edo are known as the Kitsune race, which in their language means “Fox”, ironic considering they are a biped foxlike creature race. Little is known about this island and no pony has every ventured to this place due to its great distance away from Equestria. However, according to those who have, they have almost never reach Cyrodiil, and have either returned disappointed, or not at all. According to some of the Cyrodiil natives, Kitsunes are known for their hospitable nature. However, they are skeptical about foreigners and are super protective of their lands.

As Twilight read along, she was intrigued. So this is what Rocky was. A Kitsune? Twilight had never heard of such creatures. Nor has she heard of the Island of Edo, nor the Lands of Cyrodiil. This was too much for her to process. As she kept reading through the book, she found something interesting.

The Kitsune race are divided into 4 tribes, the Sachiko, the Nobuyuki, the Hitachi, and the Kasugai. The Sachiko tribe and the Nobuyuki tribe were distant tribes who relied on each other for supplies in exchange for protection. However, the two tribes became unite following the event in which Prince Naru of Nobuyuki save Princess Makoto of Sachiko. As for the other two tribes, the Hitachi were a gang of thieves and maunders who tormented and assaulted people. The Kasugai, in contrast, were skilled assassins who worked as mercenaries for the Cyrodiil Imperial Family. Following several accounts of attack, the Kitsune tribes eventually entered war with one another.

“Hmm, a war?” thought Twilight, “Could Rocky be a survivor of this war?” she wondered to herself. As she read away at the book, her trusty assistant, Spike, walked into the library. Spike looked around the library and found Twilight upstairs reading. He called out to her.

“Hey, Twilight! Twilight!?”

The purple alicorn turned to see her little assistant down stairs from the raining. “Spike?” said Twilight, “What do you need?”

“I just wanted to let you know that Fluttershy came back. They want to talk to you.”

“Oh, yeah, be right there.”

Twilight laid the book down on the table and made her way down the stairs. As she was making her way down the stairs, she couldn’t help but remember what she had read in that book. So the Kitsune were a creature race divided into 4 tribes. What was really troubling her was, which tribe was Rocky from, and is he a refugee from the war?

Twilight went down the stairs and Fluttershy and Rocky waiting down there in the castle foyer. Fluttershy was waiting with Rocky sound asleep on her back. “Oh, good, you here” said Fluttershy happily.

“So, did you learn anything?” asked the intrigued alicorn princess.

“Well, you see, Rocky is a member of some tribe called the Nobuyuki tribe” said Fluttershy, “And he’s also this creature called, a Kitsune.

Twilight slowly breathed out with relief. So baby Rocky wasn’t a member of the Hitachi or Kasugai. That was good to hear, that meant he wasn’t an assassin. “That’s wonderful to hear” said Twilight, “So, did Discord happen to mention where he was from?” she asked.

“Well…” Fluttershy paused, “He…he didn’t really”

“What do you mean?” asked Twilight.

“He said he was from a place called Edo. But…when I asked him where it was, he…panicked”

Twilight was surprised. “Panicked? Panicked how?” she asked.

“Well…he refused to tell us where it was and said not to go there” replied Fluttershy.

“Hmm” thought Twilight to herself, “Interesting. I think that tricky little draconequus knows something we don’t” said Twilight with suspicion.

“What! Goodness no!” exclaimed Fluttershy, “Discord would never lie to me” she assured.

Twilight raised her brow. This was Discord they were talking about. Could he REALLY be telling you the truth, or just what he WANTS you to believe? “Come on Fluttershy” said Twilight, “Would he? Remember all his past shenanigans?” Fluttershy pondered for a moment, but refused to believe that her friend lied to her.

“NO! He wouldn’t. I believe every word he said”

Maybe Fluttershy was right. Why would Discord lie to them? “I’m sorry Fluttershy” said Twilight. The two hugged it out and Fluttershy said goodbye, and made her way back home. After all, Rocky was asleep, and he needed to rest. As Twilight was walking back to her library, she kept thinking about what Fluttershy had told her:

“Well…He didn’t really…He panicked. Told us to stay away from there.”

Twilight thought to herself. So many questions were rolling in her head. Why? She wanted to know. Why? Where? When? Who? Finally she couldn’t take it. She knew Discord was up to something. She had to know what it was.

However, little did the young Alicorn Princess knew was that an answer was about to find her. Yes. Let me tell you guys this story. In fact it’s happening right now, in a faraway place. Let’s go there and see…

Author's Note:

This is a short chapter. Quick and to the point. In the next chapter, few questions will be answered.
Next time on My Little Pony: Secrets of the Kitsune Tribes. Meanwhile in Cyrodiil. Escape from Inferno.