• Published 18th Jul 2015
  • 1,371 Views, 28 Comments

Starlight's Remark - Bonk6



Starlight accidentally ruins the entire world by altering the Mane 6's past. Oops.

  • ...
7
 28
 1,371

Prologue

Prologue


Twilight had never felt better. Everything was going so well, how could she feel any less? She made amends to her old friends in Canterlot; a big regret from her past life. Her position as a princess was becoming less difficult as she gained experience, and suddenly her castle didn't seem so overwhelming. The concert the other day with her friends was icing on the cake, and each slice of life she ate maintained its sweetness. Truly, the purple princess was at peace.

Stepping through her castle doors, returning home, Twilight Sparkle gave a content sigh. She walked further, into the main room, and then took a surprised step back. The pony she saw, legs propped up on the castle's map of Equestria, had a smirk that was all but friendly.

"Twilight Sparkle, welcome home~" Starlight Glimmer cooed.

Twilight took up a glare towards her, getting fierce in retaliation of the smooth talking villain. "What are you doing in my home?? You are NOT welcome here!"

Starlight simply snickered, reclining with her hooves behind her head. "Oh, I'll tell you what I'm doing here, don't you worry. What would a revenge plan be without a little monologuing?"

Twilight's horn began to glow, but Starlight continued on talking casually. "You remember when you destroyed my town, don't you? Took the equality away, and left only..." She makes a few gagging noises. "Democracy? Freedom? Disorder? You remember breaking the harmony I had made, right?"

Twilight kept her magic ready, but allowed the conversation to continue for the moment. "I remember rescuing the ponies of that town from a dictatorship. One that /you/ created.

Starlight ignored Twilight's allegations. "Good, you do. Well, I also remember that pony with you telling me a map sent you there. Pinkie Pie, was that her name? Regardless, after you ran me out of town, I did a little investigating. With some stalking, a bit of research and a disguise or two, I think I know more about this map than even you do."

"How? There aren't any books about it, or I would have already known!"

Starlight laughed, "Oh Twilight, you thought I meant I researched the map itself? I researched you, and your little friends too!" Sitting up straight in Twilight's throne, Starlight ran her hooves over the map. "This is connected to the six of you, and more importantly, your cutie marks. Plus, it is very powerful! More powerful than you would ever know. I woooonder, what would happen if- Oh, I don't know, if somepony put a little time travel spell into it, hmm?"

Now Twilight was aware of the threat, quickly taking position and firing her magic at Starlight. Though Starlight was already gone, her spell cast, sending her who-knows where. Thinking fast, Twilight attempts to cast the spell herself. Before she can, she POOFs out of existence. And then Ponyville POOFed out of existence. And Equestria. And following them, the universe they knew ceased to exist.