• Published 8th Jul 2015
  • 558 Views, 7 Comments

Pint's Birthday Party - Part 1 - Yosh-E-O



Pint is turning seven and Fall's invited to his birthday party! This event is but one of many positive firsts for the orphaned Pegasus

  • ...
 7
 558

Chapter 5 - A Room All Your Own?

Fall stood in awe of Bucky’s room. She couldn’t believe just how big it was. How it only had a single bed that had multiple blankets of various sizes and designs all balled up on, and off, of it. The pillows appeared thick and very cozy, too. Even the one that was lying on the floor in which featured a colorful pillowcase that vibrantly displayed unfamiliar characters on it.

“Come on in, Fall,” stated Bucky as he moved towards what appeared to be a bookshelf.

“This…?” asked Fall. “Is all…, yours?”

“Yep!” announced Bucky as he felt around the bookshelf. “Everything you see in here belongs to me.”

Fall felt mixed emotions as she admired Bucky’s room. There was just so much stuff. Books, toys, posters, clothes that hung out of a poorly maintained dresser. It was a lot to take in.

Bucky turned from his search about the bookshelf to see Fall still standing at the entrance to his room.

“Come in, Fall,” he encouraged. “Have a look around.”

Fall slowly entered into the room and further admired all the things that distinctly made where she was at ‘Bucky’s Room’.

“This is all yours?” she asked again.

“That’s right!” replied Bucky proudly.

Fall felt at the headband upon her head. She then felt at the matching bows that made up her brown pigtails.

“…,” she sighed. “You’re so lucky.”

“I know!” he proclaimed. “My folks are the best!”

Fall felt tears well up in her bright, blue eyes.

“It must…,” she sniffled. “Be nice.”

Bucky ceased his search upon hearing the little, brown Pegasus sounding upset.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Nothing…,” she whimpered before looking about the room. “Nothing.”

Bucky was at a loss for what to say.

“Uh…,” he thought aloud. “Want to help me find Pint’s birthday present?”

“Birthday..., present?” asked Fall. “What’s that?”

Bucky felt his excitement lower upon noticing how upset Fall had become.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked.

“Yeah,” assured Fall as convincingly as she could. “Where is this, uh, birthday present?”

Bucky looked towards the bookshelf and gestured towards it with his hoof.

“It’s in a green box,” he said. “I put it there for safe keeping, but now I can’t find it.”

Fall approached the tall bookshelf and admired it from top-to-bottom. Books, papers, and some statue-like objects were scattered about the shelves. Her eyes then noticed the green box towards the very back of one of the shelves lying behind a pile of books.

“There,” she said while pointing her hoof upward. “It’s under that pile of books.”

Bucky smiled as he said, “Oh! I almost forgot I hid it under my comic book collection!”

“…,” Fall sighed.

Bucky retrieved the green box and brought it before Fall. Her head was now facing to the floor and tears were noticeably rolling out from her closed eyes.

“Fall?” he asked. “What’s wrong?”

“I…,” she whimpered. “It’s…”

“What?” asked Bucky.

Fall snorted as her tear-filled eyes opened and looked up towards Bucky.

“This…,” she sniffled. “I don’t know what all this is.”

“My stuff…,” answered Bucky.

“I…,” sobbed Fall. “I don’t have… Why…? What did I do wrong…?”

Bucky took his muzzle and rubbed it against Fall’s cheek.

“You didn’t do anything wrong,” he assured.

“Then…?” she asked while pointing her hoof around the room. “Why do I… Why do I…”

Fall couldn’t finish her question due to being overwhelmed with emotion.

“Fall…,” said Bucky as he got down on the floor and brought her close. “What is it?”

“I don’t understand,” she sobbed. “I have nothing… Nobody gives me anything… And I don’t know what a ‘birthday present’ even is.”

“Well,” said Bucky. “Umm… a birthday present is something you give someone on their birthday.”

“No pony does anything for birthdays at the orphanage,” sniffled Fall.

“Well,” said Bucky. “This isn’t the orphanage. This is my room. And, you know what, I’m going to help you make a birthday present.”

“You…,” wondered Fall as she allowed her eyes to open. “You will?”

“Of course!” proclaimed Bucky as he walked towards a smaller dresser that had two drawers on it. “Come over here, Fall and we’ll make Pint a birthday present he’ll never forget that’s just from you.”

Author's Note:

This is the 6th story in the "Fallen Angel" series. Some details have changed since the inception of the story so please don't mind any slight variances between what the characters know and don't know. Particularly on Pint's part.

The characters are continually getting updates to improve upon the telling of their story. Though these are minor changes in which do not impact the story's whole. We hope you enjoy it.