• Published 8th Jul 2015
  • 557 Views, 7 Comments

Pint's Birthday Party - Part 1 - Yosh-E-O



Pint is turning seven and Fall's invited to his birthday party! This event is but one of many positive firsts for the orphaned Pegasus

  • ...
 7
 557

Chapter 1 - Guess Who's Turning 7?

Pint had a spring in his step as he happily hopped out of the schoolhouse.

Bucky smiled as he admired his brown-spotted, Unicorn friend as he swooshed his black tail gleefully about.

“So,” said Bucky. “It’s off to see Fall now?”

Pint’s smile widened as he raised his head and replied, “Yep!”

“And that last invitation with all the stickers on it is for Fall?” asked Bucky despite already having long known the answer.

“It sure is!” proclaimed Pint. The horn on his head began to glow a bit as his excitement grew over how he couldn’t wait to give Fall the special invitation he had made just for her.

“And you’re sure she’ll want to come?” teased Bucky.

“She’ll come,” replied Pint. “How couldn’t she?”

The much larger, yellow Pegasus nodded before stating, “We do have a way of making things happen.”

“Especially for friendship,” stated Pint. “How does that Hearth’s Warming song go? Oh! I remember! Oh, fire of friendship burns in our hearts. So long as it burns we’ll not drift apart…”

***

The mid-November temperature was quite chilly, but Bucky and Pint felt like it was the summer for how excited they were to do what they were about to do.

Pint met Fall at the very start of the school year. Since then they had shared many an adventure together with Pint’s closest pal, Bucky. With each passing day, Pint felt their friendship growing stronger-and-stronger. He even saw her in her dreams. In one, he swore he saw Princess Luna wink at him while he was in an open field filled with flowers having carefree fun with Fall as Bucky hovered overhead.

Bucky adjusted his scarf after a cold gust blew it over his back.

“Perhaps I should’ve worn my sweater?” he more stated than asked.

Pint had both a sweater and tossle cap on.

“I’d offer the extra one I have in my saddlebag,” he said. “But it’s a gift for Fall.”

Bucky laughed before stating, “Not to mention a sweater to you would be more like a hat to me.”

Pint looked back at his friend and said, “I’m turning seven this Saturday. No doubt my growth spurt will come with it and, like that, I’ll be the one calling you ‘Pee-Wee’.”

“We’ll see,” teased Bucky. “I mean, Fall is older than both of us and she is even shorter than you.”

Pint sighed.

“It’s not how big you are that matters,” he stated. “It’s the size of your heart that counts.”

Bucky hummed and nodded in agreement.

“And that’s why you’re my best friend,” he stated.

Author's Note:

This is the 6th story in the "Fallen Angel" series. Some details have changed since the inception of the story so please don't mind any slight variances between what the characters know and don't know. Particularly on Pint's part.

The characters are continually getting updates to improve upon the telling of their story. Though these are minor changes in which do not impact the story's whole. We hope you enjoy it.