• Published 5th Jul 2015
  • 1,529 Views, 15 Comments

Punch Out! Before The Ring - RaritySimper44



Mac is troubled kid, he fights a lot and and has been doing so his whole life, he is so troubled though that his mom sends him away, he goes to a new school and things are a little rough on day one, can he make friends and change himself around?

  • ...
18
 15
 1,529

Going home

Author's Note:

Edit is small but I feel like the first half is a bit better now. Sorry for the short chapter. I'll try to make it longer next month.

Mac walked into the school library and to the front desk, a lady sat behind it read8ng casually. "Excuse me, I need to get my school books."

The librarian raised her eyes from her book to him and glared at him. "What was that?"

“Books. I need books for school. “Textbooks.” He set his schedule on the counter and put his hands on his hips, "I'm not leaving without my textbooks ma'am"

The librarian sighed and got up taking his schedule with her to the back, Mac stood there tapping his foot annoyed as he waited for her to bring him his textbooks.

“Hey, Mac.” Mac turned around, Twilight stood there smiling innocently at him.

Mac forced a smile, “Hey”, and turned back to the front desk.

“Getting your textbooks I see.”

“Yup.” He said in response to her, tapping his foot annoyed.

“Is um… something wrong Mac?”

"No. Just peachy….", Mac looked to the ground as he said this.

“Oh, um okay.”

The door to the back opened and the librarian walked out of the room with five books. "Here you go sir, all your books, I just need your ID." Mac took out his ID and handed it to her. She took it and scanned out all his books. There ya go have a good day. With that, she picked up her book and went back to reading.

Mac stuffed his books into his bag and turned to leave. "See you later Twilight."

"Bye Mac, have a nice day."

“Uh-huh, you too.” He replied as he walked out of the library and over to the gymnasium. He walked into the gym and to the coach’s office across the gym and Mac gave a hardy knock to the door. There shift and mumbling before the door opened and the door opened.

The coach looked around and down at Mac, he glared down at him angrily. "What do you want, kid? Iron Will has paperwork to get done!"

"You're a gym teacher, how much paperwork could you possibly have?" Mac quickly shot back at him.

"Excuuse me?!" Iron Will has plenty of paperwork! And you can't talk to the teachers that way! What do you want anyway kid?!"

"I need some gym clothes."

"Oh. Wait a sec I remember you, you’re that kid that sat on the bench today! Gimme a sec kid, I’ll be right back with your gym uniform." He then slammed the door on him.

The door opened and Ironwill put the clothes in Mac’s chest. "That’ll be twenty bucks, sir."

"Twenty bucks?! Are you kidding me?!"

"Iron Will never kids!" He shouted, striking a ridiculous pose. "The football team has to make money somehow, cause the school sure ain’t payin it’s due. Now, pay up!"

"I don’t have twenty dollars right now, can I come and pay you back later?"

“Ya know what, I hate bench warmers. So here’s what Ironwill’s gonna do kid. Ironwill is gonna pay for your clothes but you promise me to never sit on the benches again.”

“Deal.”

“Good”. He gave the clothes to Mac with a curt nod.

“Thanks, coach.”

“Yeah yeah, look don’t break this promise because Ironwill doesn’t do this all the time and he will be furious if you double-cross him. Don’t make Ironwill come after you for his twenty bucks back kid!” He went to shut the door, but Mac put his hand in and stopped him. “Huh? What are you doing kid?!”

"I want to try out for basketball."

"Tryouts are over, kid.”

“Then football.”

"Tryouts are over, kid.”

“Baseball.”

"Tryouts are over, kid,” Ironwill said with a roll of his eyes. “For all sports.”

Mac sighed as he nodded. “Alright, thanks for your time coach.”

“Uh-huh, get home safe kid.” And with that, he slammed the door.

Mac sighed, “great.”

*************

Mac walked down the street back home as he stared ahead, he listened to the sound of cars going by, he was still not used to the lack of honking and road rage that was absent in Canterlot county. Suddenly an SUV pulled up right onto the sidewalk in front of him blocking his path. “Shit.” He noticed that the people in the car were the same from earlier. Really?

The three boys got out glaring at him. “What's up bitch?! You think you're gonna just mess my brothers face up and get away with it?!”

Mac sighed at this, “listen, I’m not in the mood right now okay?”

“Yeah I bet you're not, hehe!'' The tall one said as he cracked his knuckles.

Mac groaned and took his backpack off and tossed it down and got in his boxing stance, and moved in to swing and try to hit first.

************************

Mac walked into the house and slammed the door behind him as he did so. Brutus laid in the chair snoring until the door slammed, his eyes shot open and he looked at Mac. He began wagging his tail and hopped out of the chair and went over to say hello to him. He flicked on the lights and walked up to his room holding his shoulder. He tossed his stuff down on his bedroom floor and went to the bathroom to shower. I need a nap after this. He walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. His eye was black and his face swollen and his arm had a bruise too.

*************

“Get up!”

Mac opened his eyes at this but was quickly kicked out of the bed, with a yelp he fell to the floor and groaned. “Ugh, what the hell man?” He said annoyed, rubbing his bruised side. He looked up at Mario annoyed.

“Whoa, Mac what happened to you?” Mario asked.

Mac flinched as he sat up, “I got into a fight. Outside of school.”

“I can tell, of course you also got into a fight in school as well, didn’t you?!” Mario said, glaring at him annoyed.

Mac nodded unsurprised, “oh yeah. That too, but that's not important right now, what's important now is that I-”

“Uh, yes it is important right now Mac! You broke some kids' nose!”

Mac sighed, “your right. I’m not sorry though, he deserved it.”

“I don’t care who deserved what, I told you not to get in any trouble!”

Mac shrugged at this. “Well, what's my punishment?”

“Good question. Luigi and I were talking about it and we decided, nothing.”

“What?”

“Yep. You already got detention for the entire first semester on the weekends, and you got jumped. The kid deserved it, besides, by the looks of it you got your ass handed to you.”

“I won the fight. That's all that matters.”

“Well at least you did something right today.” Mario said with a proud smile. “Do your homework and get downstairs for dinner, I’m cooking tonight.” He turned and started closing the door, “oh and Mac?”

“Whats up?”

“Don’t get expelled and ruin this for yourself.”

“No promises.”

“Mac.”

“Alright Alright fine I promise.”