• Published 7th Aug 2015
  • 1,573 Views, 26 Comments

Hysteria - MidnightRun



After losing their powers, Adagio and her sisters find comfort in the home of a new student named Midnight Rider, A student from Australia who out of the kindness of his heart takes them in. At the same time Adagio is starting to feel strange

  • ...
11
 26
 1,573

beatdown

Author's Note:

Hey guys, yes I know this chapter is a bit shorter than the previous two but bear with me this story may take a while before its complete. Its as I've heard many people say, its better than nothing. Enjoy

fifteen minutes earlier

The Dazzling's had gotten their pre-battle of the bands outfits from their lockers, the very same articles of clothing that they first came to the school in. Aria had missed going out in her torn jacket and overall punk look, the same could be said for the other two, Adagio wearing her top and pink jacket, along with her purple leggings, as for Sonata, she was back in her mini skirt, jacket and go go boots. It felt good to have them back. Winter was not far however, when it arrived the trio had agreed to wear their warm hoodies and jeans mostly because Sonata liked the old school pieces of clothing. After they had left Midnight, they checked their lockers for anything useful.They could find nothing but their personal belongings and textbooks, such as Adagio's hair perm and Sonata's Nicki Minaj collection. Adagio rummaged through her locker and found a picture of the three of them posing at the statue of liberty in the late nineties, the decade Aria loved because of the grunge movement. She loved playing guitar with Kurt Cobain, who was initially smitten with her, but Aria was never interested. That decade brought grunge very close to her heart right next to punk rock, Aria loved punk bands like the Ramones and the Sex Pistols. Sonata had even dated Sid Vicious before he died, back then he had called her by the nickname Nancy, a name her sisters constantly teased her for.Aria found her Ipod and dusted it off a bit. She had every Ramones song ever created on it as well as Led Zeppelins music to remind her of John Bonhams heavy drumming. maybe turning to dust wont be so bad, if there is an afterlife I might see John again. Aria thought solemnly. They could get through this and Adagio knew that to fail would mean utter demise. She had taken Sonata's nightmare to be an omen, and noticed something was bugging Aria more so than usual.

"Aria, tell me whats wrong." Adagio said concerned for her younger sister.

Aria sighed and closed her locker. "Will it really matter if we live or die, Adagio? It might be possible to see everyone we ever got close to again, even if it was to feed on their negative energy."

Adagio spun her around to face her violet gaze. "Listen, Aria. We need to be strong, now that we are mortal, it will be possible to be killed or otherwise." Gripping her shoulders tightly, Adagio continued her sentence. " I know that our pendents shards are in this school and because we can't sing, we need to think of something smarter, Midnight could be a good help to us if we play our cards right." She grinned evilly as well as causing a small and quick smile on Aria's face, knowing that Adagio had their backs.

Coming their way, were three very angry looking students, they were Cherry Crash, Cloudy Kicks, and their shared boyfriend, Thunderbass. Sonata quickly approached them to make amends.

"Hi, how are-"

"piss off bitch!" Cherry Crash yelled while pushing her away.Adagio was furious. "Hey,Cherry. Nobody treats my sister that way." she got into cherry's space.Cloudy Kicks simply laughed and casually ate a protein bar.

" What are you going do about it? Oh that's right you can't do anything without your voices." Cloudy said with an air of arrogance. Thunderbass stepped in, as if he was going to diffuse the tension.

"Girls, girls. We don't have to resort to name calling." he said with sarcasm. Cherry and Cloudy leaned beside him on each side. Cherry drawing a circle on his chest with her pointer finger. She liked it when he was sarcastic towards whoever they were antagonizing.

"Then what should we do, make them suffer?" Asked the green haired rocker. Cloudy and Cherry had been wanting to hit something all day and The Dazzling's would make perfect punching bags for gym practice later today.Aria was gritting her teeth, she was seeing red but she tried to keep calm. If they wanted a fight they had better watch themselves.

"Why wait till later, girls?" Said Thunderbass with a scowl. "I remember the battle of the bands very well, so lets beat them to a pulp and pay them back a hundred fold." Aria, Adagio and even Sonata did not like these three teenagers at all. Adagio cracked her neck to warm herself up for the main event, Aria cracked her knuckles twice, she thought wiping the floor with these three would be a piece of cake, as she had been in many scraps before.

"Well, you girls go first." Cherry taunted.

Adagio motioned to her sisters. "Aria, you take care of Cherry Pop over there. Sonata, take care of Blunderbass. I will take care of Cloudy Ticks." Said the big haired former siren not breaking her glare at the enemy. The trio looked completely livid at Adagio's creative name calling,that Cloudy and her allies threw the first wave of attacks, Adagio countered Cloudy's right hook with a well timed block which was followed by a knee to the stomach causing Cloudy to recoil from the impact.

With a feral growl, Cloudy caught Adagio in a firm headlock and proceeded to try and gouge her eyes out. Aria saw that her big sister was in trouble so she and Sonata pulled Cloudy off of Adagio. Thunderbass came to help Cloudy out by pulling the blue teenager's ponytail, causing her to cry out in agony. As for Aria, Cherry Crash tripped her to the floor with a low sweep, knocking the middle sister off her feet, and onto her back ensuring a painful landing. The green punk rocker took this moment to taunt her.

"Whats the matter, Aria? Can't fight back properly?" Clearly she was taking pleasure in dishing out pain to the Dazzling's "Get up." she ordered. Aria did as she was told, there was no way she was going to lose to some bitch. Cherry threw a fast jab to her enemy's face only for her attack to be caught and had her thrown into the lockers and breaking the teen's nose in the process.

"Now I see why they call you Cherry Crash." Said a smug looking Aria Blaze.

"You shut your mouth you bitch!" Cherry screamed losing all focus and attacking her target with relentless rage. The purple teenager was being pummeled within an inch of her life. Pretty soon, a crowd of students had come to see the fight, even the jocks were taking wages on who would win. Most of them bet on Cherry and her gang. Adagio and Sonata had also been beat up real bad. Adagio had bleeding cuts on her body and tears in her clothes from being clawed by Cloudys nails. The same went for Sonata who was begging them to stop.She even had a black eye. They had been restrained by Cloudy Kicks and Thunderbass respectively.

" Any last word's,pigtails?" She did not wait for an answer. As she raised her fist to deliver the coup de grace. someone called out.

"STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!!" Everyone gasped and looked to see who had spoken out. Adagio lifted her head and saw none other than Midnight Rider and Sunset Shimmer. Midnight stormed through the crowd and glared at Cherry and company. "What is the meaning of this!" he demanded an answer and he wanted it right away.

Cherry was surprised, no one had ever stepped in to stop the occasional fight, except for the Principals or the rest of the staff. But she was not going to let some foreigner tell her off. "Zip your lips Crocodile Dundee, mind your own business." Snapped Cherry Crash.

What she said." Added Thunderbass.

"So take your hat and shove it up your ass." Cloudy commented harshly. Midnight was not going to let them walk all over the girls he had taken into his home and his heart. In his mind, he thought what these ruffians had done was unforgivable.

"Wrong."Midnight growled. "These girls are in my charge, which makes it my business"Cherry let go of Aria's shirt and dropped her to the ground. Producing a leatherman pocketknife, she stormed over to Midnight and threatened him with it. If Midnight had any fear at all, he definitely wasn't showing it and instead just chuckled to himself.

This only made Cherry even angrier. " Why are you laughing, I'm the one with the knife." She said

"Oh that's not a proper knife, sheila." Midnight replied, reaching into his belt. He had produced a knife of his own but it was slightly bigger and looked like it was designed for hunting. "This is a real knife." He proudly showed it off. Cherry had had enough of his calm attitude and took a swipe at his chest, only for the orange Aussie to parry it and flip the aggressors knife to the ceiling where it firmly embedded itself.

Thunderbass grabbed Cherry by her hand and lead her, and Cloudy away " Come on, girls, lets leave this guy alone." After they had left Midnight twirled his knife around before putting it back in his belt. The crowd silently left leaving only, Sunset, Midnight, the Dazzling's and the recent arrival of the Rainboom's. Fluttershy, and Rarity helped Sonata up, while Rainbow Dash and Applejack held up Aria who was badly hurt. Midnight and Pinkie Pie helped Adagio to her feet, looking worried at the state they were in. "Adagio, are you and the others alright?" He asked her softly.

Adagio just groaned in pain. " I'm fine Midnight I... thank you for saving our hides back there..." She lost consciousness and her sisters followed with her.

"You two." he addressed Sunset and Rainbow Dash."I need you to help me take these girls to the school nurse." Rainbow was initially hesitant to help her enemies until Sunset Shimmer gave her a look that said "give them a chance like you and the rest of our friends did with me" seeing her friends point was enough to get her to help them she and Applejack threw each of Aria's arms over their shoulders while Fluttershy and Rarity supported Sonata Dusk while Midnight carried Adagio in his strong arms. "We need to get these girls to the nurse." He said to his helpers. "where can I find the nurse's office?" he asked Sunset Shimmer.

"Follow me." She replied, leading the way through the school. As they made their way to the nurses office, Adagio unknowingly put her head against Midnight's well toned chest. Midnight was momentarily surprised, but he knew she was just unconscious. Besides she needed his help. They came to Nurse Redhearts office where the door in front of them had a red cross on it. Fluttershy meekly knocked on the door, but there was no anwser. Applejack came up with Aria and Rainbow Dash.

"Fluttershy. Ah think ya'll have to knock on the door a bit harder, Sugarcube." Applejack raised her free hand and knocked on Nurse Redhearts door.

"Yes, hold on I'm coming" came the tender voice of the caring nurse on the other side of the door. The doorknob turned and the door itself opened revealing the school nurse. When she saw the state the Dazzling's were in, she wasted no time in ushering the group into her office "All of you please sit down. I need to assess the damage" The group did as they were instructed stopping to place the trio of former sirens on a bed each.

"Are they going to be alright?" Rarity asked Midnight

"I hope so" he replied as they watched the nurse do her work. Rarity tried not to swoon at his accent, it sounded very appealing to her. In the meantime however, the kind nurse came with an ice pack to bring down the swelling on Sonata's black eye. These girls were lucky to be breathing, things could have gotten a lot worse had Midnight and the others not showed up when they did. Adagios cuts were cleaned with some disinfectant to keep her wounds from getting infected and Aria got the same treatment.

"You students got them here just in time," She said looking at the group who rescued them. "these girls are lucky that they didn't get any of their bones snapped. Who did this to them?" Redheart asked Sunset

"Cherry Crash and her goons." she answered her straight away "Do you remember the battle of the bands, Nurse Redheart?" A firm nod gave Sunset her answer. "after the battle of the bands, everyone is treating them the same way they treated me." Midnight listened carefully. What did these girls do at this battle of the bands? He decided he would ask when they made a full recovery. Even if they did something bad to the school, he believed that it did not give other students the right to pummel them within an inch of their lives.

"I see," Said the kind nurse putting her hand on her face in exasperation. Cherry had clearly beaten students before. "So these girls were beaten up by Cherry and this boy stepped in, correct?"

"Yes Ma'am, I did." said Midnight standing up "I rescued them with some help from these girls" The girls were in awe that someone would save three girls who tried to take over the school. He seems cool to me but I'm twenty per cent cooler Thought Rainbow Dash. Midnight was a good person as far as they were concerned, even Sunset Shimmer was impressed by his kindness. Something deep inside her head told the leather wearing teenager that everyone here were all going to be friends though it would take time with the sirens, but there was hope in her heart. Maybe they would accept her friendship in the end. Maybe.